Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

U21 fixtures

Comments

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 8m8 minutes ago
    20' Close! Harriott drives a shot which hits the stanchion behind the goal. Still 0-0. #cafc

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 2m2 minutes ago
    52' Sho-Silva nearly makes a breakthrough, but his shot is well blocked. #cafc
    53' GOOOOALLL! @ZakAnsah slots home via a deflection. 1-0 Charlton. #cafc
    3 retweets 5 favorites

The boy is on fire. How much longer can Guy ignore his claim to be starting in the first team. Ansah is the answer
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    66' GOOOAALL! @ZakAnsah doubles up. 2-0. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    Aribo put in the striker who finished one-on-one. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 16s16 seconds ago
    IN-FORM | That's @ZakAnsah's fourth goal in two games. #cafc

How is he not even on the bench for the first team?
  • Zak Ansah scores a goal after a neat assist from Aribo
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3m3 minutes ago
    75' DOUBLE SUB | Harriott and Ansah replaced by Kennedy and McKenzie-Lowe. #cafc

Good. Zak being saved so he can play tomorrow or Saturday
  • 3-0 Kennedy
  • Barnsley, who have hit the woodwork three times, have a player red carded and we score from the resulting free kick even without Ansah on the pitch.

• FT 3 - 0

Look forward to hearing from the U21 regulars
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems churlish to say but not a great performance. Cook and Thomas were my stand out players and Lennon, beeney and konza were OK. Ansah confuses me. He ambles around at half pace, is not a fox in the box, but was razor sharp when chances came his way. Usual rubbish from callum messi. Barnsley the better side until the second goal. Their left winger was called Johnny Giles.

Did not see any scouts there but Jon fortune borrowed my team sheet.
  • Hard fought win against a dogged Barnsley side who never gave up and were still in it until the correct sending off resulted in our third. Stand-out for me was Thomas; strong, quick and skillful at CB. Regan CC was typically energetic back in CM alongside the deeper sitting Muldoon whose surge led to the sending off. He then swung in a dangerous deep free kick that was nodded back across for Kennedy to bundle in the clincher.
  • Have to agree with Bolloxbolder. We didn't play very well but ended up 3-0. I thought Aribo has something about him. Ansah took his goals well but he still doesn't impress me. Not many players on view are ready for first team action.Holmes Dennis was watching from the sidelines. I wonder if he is going out on loan.
  • dickplumb said:

Have to agree with Bolloxbolder. We didn't play very well but ended up 3-0. I thought Aribo has something about him. Ansah took his goals well but he still doesn't impress me. Not many players on view are ready for first team action.Holmes Dennis was watching from the sidelines. I wonder if he is going out on loan.

possibly right back tomorrow if silly can't play midweek games after playing at the weekend?
  • What was the formation?

Anyone find out if Aribo and McKenzie-Lowe have signed?
  • Team news. Our U21s take on @MillwallFC at 2pm this afternoon and here is how we'll be lining up... #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3m3 minutes ago
    Charlton | Mitov, Staunton, Barnes, Konsa, Bikey, Thomas, Sho-Silva, Muldoon, McKenzie-Lowe, Aribo, Umerah #cafc
  • Subs | Beeney, Kelly, Lapslie, Hanlan, Lookman #cafc
  • KAG and Kennedy for 1st team tomorrow

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 4m4 minutes ago
    14' Chance! Great mazy run on the right from Joe Aribo. @AzzaBarnes meets his cross at the far post and his shot is well saved by Girling.

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 37s37 seconds ago
    20' Crossbar! Philpot heads against the frame of the goal for @MillwallFC #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Aribo is getting lots of game time, would be interested to hear from those that have seen a decent amount of him as to what sort of player/potential they think he could be ?
  • Lets hope he puts in another Tangfastic performance. It'd be sweet to see him involved in the first team.
  • 29' Goal. Millwall take the lead as Mahlon Romeo's corner deflects into the net #cafc
  • One down at ht. They are too powerful for our scratch side.
  • I wonder if any players will be taken off, to save them for tomorrow?
    There are some puddles appearing on the pitch. Charlton's and Millwall's coaching staff are talking to the referee. The game could be off
    GAME ABANDONED | Today's U21s clash with @MillwallFC has been called off at half-time due to a waterlogged pitch #cafc
  • we didn't loose to the scum, now that is an improvement :smile:
  • I am just drying out. That was a downpour of biblical proportions. In the first half Aribo looked neat, Bikey was organising the defence. Umerah made a couple of powerful runs but it was a sloppy goal to give away from a corner. Nothing much to report apart from Barnes going off injured. What we needed was Zac Ansah to nick us a goal.
  • The heavens opened and torrential rain for 25 minutes. Roads flooded around Blackfen on way back to sunny Belvedere.

We got out of jail and will doubtless have a stronger side when rearranged. Barnes went off injured and was replaced by Alex Kelly who has a lovely touch on him. Bikey was big and poor. Thomas is a good player and Konsa is definitely one for the future although last two games we have been playing him in midfield. Don't think Aribo is going to make it personally, but we'll see.

Only Konsa and Thomas look like future first team players atm.