Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

U21 fixtures

Comments

• edited August 2015
    dickplumb said:

I am just drying out. That was a downpour of biblical proportions. In the first half Aribo looked neat, Bikey was organising the defence. Umerah made a couple of powerful runs but it was a sloppy goal to give away from a corner. Nothing much to report apart from Barnes going off injured. What we needed was Zac Ansah to nick us a goal.

Praise be that even the heathen non-believers amongst us are starting to see the light

Ansah is the Answer
  • dickplumb said:

I am just drying out. That was a downpour of biblical proportions. In the first half Aribo looked neat, Bikey was organising the defence. Umerah made a couple of powerful runs but it was a sloppy goal to give away from a corner. Nothing much to report apart from Barnes going off injured. What we needed was Zac Ansah to nick us a goal.

Praise be that even the heathen non-believabler amongst us are starting to see the light

Ansah is the Answer
    are you his agent?
  • dickplumb said:

Praise be that even the heathen non-believabler amongst us are starting to see the light

Ansah is the Answer
    are you his agent?
    I like to see myself as more his John the Baptist.

I've yet to meet my Salome. *walks off humming John Martyn tune*
  • edited August 2015
    Drying out too.
    We got through a first half before the heavens opened. Millwall were better for the first 35 minutes. keith Stevens was there, maybe a lot of the Millwall players were hoping to catch his eye.
    We had a player on trial from Hemel Hempstead I believe called Mackenzie-Lowe. I thought Terrel Thomas was our best player, Bikey has extra timber, and we suffered with the loss of Aaron Barnes, and the re-adjustment (Konsa dropping back from midfield to left back) led to us being disjointed, coupled with Millwall's best spell, and then a sloppy own goal following a Millwall corner.

Still the result doesn't count so no harm done.
  • Neil Harris was there as well.
  • First time I've seen Luzon watching the U21's too, although looked like the first team had trained previously as saw RCC, Baeur, Ba and a crocked Reza in the car park pre match.
  • Ansah saved for tomorrow night ?
  • Try and keep up between the sledging of fellow lifers. Ansah's at Newport.
  • Try and keep up between the sledging of fellow lifers. Ansah's at Newport.

Oh

No snow where I am
  • dickplumb said:

Ansah is the Answer
    are you his agent?
    I like to see myself as more his John the Baptist.

I've yet to meet my Salome. *walks off humming John Martyn tune*
    Well don't lose your head over him...
  • Sponsored links:

• U21s currently playing Colchester. Their official Twitter is posting updates.

Lineups-

• No Nego, Bikey or Harriott?
  • 1. Don't we have a Lapslie?

2. I think I saw one post on here saying U18's beat QPR 9-0 or something on Saturday (HI on Wolves match thread). Any more news on that one, sounds impressive, have we got another load of great young guns on the way or are QPR just awful?
  • George Lapslie is the blond haired boy who plays for our U18 and would have played against QPR.
    Went to the final against Brentford Last season and this crop is the best group of under 18 we've had for years.
    To think that Gomez and KAG could have played in that team.
    They even beat Millwall 3-1 ?
    I'm not sure if Millwall played their senior team in this ?
  • 1. Don't we have a Lapslie?

2. I think I saw one post on here saying U18's beat QPR 9-0 or something on Saturday (HI on Wolves match thread). Any more news on that one, sounds impressive, have we got another load of great young guns on the way or are QPR just awful?

2. Not seen a report but Lookman got 4. On bench for U21s
  • edited August 2015

1. Don't we have a Lapslie?

they are brothers
  • Is their number 15 a misprint by any chance ?
  • edited August 2015

1. Don't we have a Lapslie?

2. Not seen a report but Lookman got 4. On bench for U21s
    Dr Kish now has an excellent write up of the U18 game on his site. 4 by Lookman, 3 by Sulamain Bah and 2 by Anderson.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2015

George Lapslie is the blond haired boy who plays for our U18 and would have played against QPR.
    Went to the final against Brentford Last season and this crop is the best group of under 18 we've had for years.
    To think that Gomez and KAG could have played in that team.
    They even beat Millwall 3-1 ?
    I'm not sure if Millwall played their senior team in this ?

Colchester's Lapslie is George Lapslie's older brother Tom.
  • Bro bagged another couple yesterday for Hull u21, 4 in 4 league games and 11 in 9 including pre season.
    Other lad who come from the Ryman last season (greg luer) has been scoring for the first team in the league cup so I hope he gets a chance this season.

He's going to hate playing v Cafc. All part of the learning phase I guess.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3m3 minutes ago
    U21S | We take on @Coventry_City at Sparrows Lane at 2pm this afternoon. Team line-ups to follow in a moment #cafc
    0 retweets 0 favorites
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    More
  • Moussa is ALIVE!!!!!!!

U21s starting XI: Mitov; Staunton, Holmes-Dennis, Lennon, Konsa; Muldoon, Charles-Cook, Aribo, Moussa; Hanlan, Umerah. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    Subs: C Thomas, Edwards, Barnes, Dijksteel, Lookman. #cafc

MOUSSA!

Moussa is back, Moussa is back, hello, hello

Lookman on the bench and who is Dijksteel?
  • Answering my own question but seems to be Anfernee Dijksteel who played some games last season. Dutch I think.
  • Answering my own question but seems to be Anfernee Dijksteel who played some games last season. Dutch I think.

I thought he was quite decent in a defensive midfield role.

U21s starting XI: Mitov; Staunton, Holmes-Dennis, Lennon, Konsa; Muldoon, Charles-Cook, Aribo, Moussa; Hanlan, Umerah. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    Subs: C Thomas, Edwards, Barnes, Dijksteel, Lookman. #cafc

MOUSSA!

Moussa is back, Moussa is back, hello, hello

Lookman on the bench and who is Dijksteel?

Moussa being back already may explain why we never pressed the Henry signing home
  • dickplumb said:

Answering my own question but seems to be Anfernee Dijksteel who played some games last season. Dutch I think.

I thought he was quite decent in a defensive midfield role.
    I assume he's back on trial again. Look forward to your report if you're there Dick.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 13m13 minutes ago
    In other news, @R_charlescook comes up against his brother @MrReiceCook in goal for @Coventry_City. #cafc