Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ahmed Kashi signs from FC Metz (Signing Confirmed - 3 Year Deal)

1234568»

Comments

• Stewart said:

One game guys, one game.

True, I seem to remember Alan McCormack having a brilliant debut for us a few years back. I do think Kashi will turn out do be a great bit of business though.
  • One game and far too early to judge but...what a debut!
  • Great to read all this, really looking forward to seeing him at Christmas. Hope he hasn't burnt himself out by then.
  • Stewart said:

One game guys, one game.

True, I seem to remember Alan McCormack having a brilliant debut for us a few years back. I do think Kashi will turn out do be a great bit of business though.
    I don't remember that. Much like Pigott and Harry Kane, those two players don't belong in the same paragraph
  • I do remember Francis Jeffers scoring a brace on his Charlton debut...

You might want to get your memory checked. It was his 3rd game.

Your such an anorak your Lordship.
    Against Villa if i remember correctly ?

• edited August 2015
    Best debut I've seen for sometime. As has already be written in midfield Kashi was the glue that held the midfield together. In the first 20 minutes when QPR had their best spell his pressure on the ball and ability to cover across was excellent. This was wasn't running around without purpose his tracking of runners, overall ability to read the game was first class. He was always snapping away at heels, cutting passing lanes a really intelligent defensive midfielder display.

Offensively by showing deep he would allow the CBs to split, receive the ball, offered a range of short and longer passing that showed a confidence to accept responsibility. He would receive the ball in tight areas always offering teammates an angle to keep possession.

To perform at that level in your first game in English football shows a real strength of character, Luzon likes high tempo and aggression and Kashi fits the bill and offers something we have lacked in past seasons. Kashi will be as important in midfield as TW will be upfront and early signs are he's upto the challenge.
  • Sponsored links:

Your such an anorak your Lordship.
    Against Villa if i remember correctly ?

Lol. Yeah, Aston Villa is right. He'd played against Bolton and Portsmouth already.
    Although to be fair to you, the Villa game was his first start!

(Replace the boxing with Kashi's play.)

But seriously, he looks like a quality player - maybe not technically as good as Claus Jensen or someone, but he was everywhere and always available. Plus that run back from their break for the corner, too - effort. Loved it.

I'm going to temper my comment ever, ever so slightly: he did misplace a couple of passes and made the wrong decision in that regard once or twice. And he's not the quickest, or generally most attack-minded. But none of that matters (much).
  • totally different player to Jensen tbf.
  • I have had a couple of days to reflect on my three pint view of Ahmed Kashi, and nothing has changed from my original comment on the Post Match Thread which was a slighty boozed and buzzing that we won fuelled 'serious fucking player'. I know it is only one game, and against a QPR side who were pretty poor, but I saw so many good qualities from him.

I know Guy was very pleased to get this player, but I myself was slightly dubious, and was more excited with other signings. However I found so much of his work to be quality, not just the tracking back and breaking up off play but the way he directed the midfield and made sure everyone was in the correct position. Alongside this there was one point where he chested down a ball under pressure and controlled it and picked out a nice pass.

If he can keep playing at that level all season we will be a very hard team to beat.
  • Kashi looked pretty damn good to me, the best in red on the day by some distance.
  • He is the water carrier

He is our Deschamps, our Makelele

Kash money on the ball. Karries the load trying to win it back.

No doubt a good season and he will be aiming to cement his starting place for the Fennec Foxes.
  • He is the water carrier

He is our Deschamps, our Makelele

Kashi money on the ball. Karries the load trying to win it back.

No doubt a good season and he will be aiming to cement his starting place for the Fennec Foxes.
  • It's players like him that allow the others freedom to play and he makes them look good! He's exactly what we missed for much of last season a proper CDM to shield the back four! The benefit is he is soo much more than that! Clearly a good passer and a great engine!!
  • In France, he is known as The Pitbull. I think we've all had a chance to see why now.
  • edited August 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• It's players like him that allow the others freedom to play and he makes them look good! He's exactly what we missed for much of last season a proper CDM to shield the back four! The benefit is he is soo much more than that! Clearly a good passer and a great engine!!

Ironically some of our best play last season was when we did have a Defensive Midfielder in the side (i.e. Francis Coquelin)... Like you say we've missed that type of player to help out when we're on the Defence