Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ahmed Kashi signs from FC Metz (Signing Confirmed - 3 Year Deal)

Comments

• edited July 2015

uh-oh, that's LePoint's office - bad omen.

How funny!
  • 3 YEAR DEAL, UNDISCLOSED FEE
  • at last .. the ink has dried, the dust has settled .. get stuck in there Ahmed
  • He looks about 40!! How old did they say he was??

• Have I missed the video Callum?
  • I dont know why, but I can imagine him turning into a kind of cult hero in the Kish mode. Which would be no bad thing. You need the water carriers in the midfield to let the likes of JBG and Cousins (and maybe Henry) to express themselves.

Ahmed Kashi
    (Defensive midfielder, 25 years old, FC Metz)
    Recently, an Algerian defensive midfielder plying his trade for Metz in France’s Ligue 2 has been creating a small buzz.
    25 year-old Ahmed Kashi has been a staple in Metz’s league-leading side, holding a position at the base of midfield in a double pivot alongside Romain Rocchi.
    Kashi is remarkably two-footed and employs a high-energy, all action playing style, covering large areas of the pitch. He fulfils the less glamorous role of winning possession, then playing it to the more creative teammates.
    His play has attracted many plaudits and suitors are keeping an eager eye on his transfer situation.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he really is two footed, seriously that is a real plus. Even JoGo struggles with his left peg.
    How many genuinely two footed player (apart from all of them, bar Long John) have we had?
  • Totally whelmed.

Algeria are a quality team, produce great defensive players. If he has half the skill of Majid and a little more application he should be very well suited to hustle and bustle of championship

Right age, right style, full international can't be bad.

Get in Ahmed. I want you to Kashi and Karry in the engine room

He's French really, and they have produced some very good defensive midfielders down the years
  • The thing about new signings is that it makes for that first game at home to be full of anticipation for both player and fan and being a natural optimist (you have to be with Charlton) the fact that there are some what appear to be good signings in midfield and defence impresses more than just getting another striker who by the way looks to be promising. The thing is as always that the player has to have a strong character to do well in a team which does not always play well and so it is strength of character alongside of talent that will make for a good championship player (unlike premiership); Jackson, cousins Henderson solly gudmundson have all got that combination ; Johnson had the character but his fitness let him down. Its called playing for the shirt and I would judge any new player on that basis and then the rest will follow. Players last year who were inconsistent in their play were too many in number and I will look for signs that indicate more than just a desire to be admired. Looking forward to see who plays Saturday and to being at the valley again. It seems an age.
  • As Damo says, there's a feeling he might just become a bit of a fav.
    I still can't work out how we found him though. Is this a Chapple find or the geezer who recommended we buy Reza, Pete etc....?
  • Valley11 said:

As Damo says, there's a feeling he might just become a bit of a fav.
    I still can't work out how we found him though. Is this a Chapple find or the geezer who recommended we buy Reza, Pete etc....?

Given the comments about Guy Luzon being rather excited about this signing, I'd suggest this one might be at his request.
  • Is he being compared to Kishishev because their names share a few letters or for a less obvious reason ?
  • CHG said:
    That office is an effin mess, who's is it?

• CHG said:
    That office is an effin mess, who's is it?

I love that they didn't clear the back of the room up!
  • RobRob
    edited July 2015
    Looks like a young Eddie Firmani to me. Anyway, welcome Ahmed
  • Sponsored links:

• Welcome to Charlton Ahmed, may your boots be laced with many tackles.
  • CHG said:
    What a great office. I like that office.
  • It's very Brian Butterfield, isn't it
  • Welcome Ahmed!
  • CHG said:
    That training top is nicer than our official home shirt imo!
  • cfgs said:

Although I keep seeing talk of the need for an attacking midfielder and whilst I agree, it didn't harm Wenger's early Arsenal side. Whilst both were exceptional midfielders neither Pettit or Vieira were what would be described as creative.

It probably helped that they also had Pires, Ljungberg, Bergkamp and Henry though!
    Pires / Ljungberg / Overmars being the wingers though (JBG / plus a few others for us and we're sorted there).

Then Bergkamp had the skills (Watt) whilst Henry has the pace (Vetokele)... Some very strong similarities there (Just the talent isnt quite so high)
    But I heard Reza was coming back
  • Looking at that office he's not really signing a contract ,he's sending out our season tickets, well bloody hurry up!

P.s. Can you fix the ticketing site as well please.