Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ahmed Kashi signs from FC Metz (Signing Confirmed - 3 Year Deal)

Comments

• Kashi is there a fee for him?.
  • jac52 said:

"Good luck to him if AC is confirmed ; we note a combative player , but motivated to say that this is a huge loss ... it is still pretty darn technically limited , apart from the side to the back passes and it does not add much under construction ".

Kashishev
    Bless you.
  • A bit strange unveiling a player before he's agreed personal terms, as isn't that the time when transfers often come unstuck?
  • edited July 2015
    Olly Groome said on Twitter that it really just meant Kashi signing the contract.

• seth plum said:

I get this, but dear Olly also posted that the fee for Gomez was no way as little as 3.5 million pounds. However there has been no follow up. In terms of propaganda if it was, I dunno, closer to 10 million, the club would surely put it out there to placate fans.
    The stuff emerging fuels the sceptic in me what with the buying ticket shenanigans, and being well prepared in time, and the movement of players, the marginalisation of others.
    Perhaps the new communications person will help convince some of us that we are 'building a better tomorrow together', otherwise the best communication vehicle would be seeing wins, providing we can get a ticket, and get into matches.

What if Liverpool want the fee to be undisclosed too?

• seth plum said:

I get this, but dear Olly also posted that the fee for Gomez was no way as little as 3.5 million pounds. However there has been no follow up. In terms of propaganda if it was, I dunno, closer to 10 million, the club would surely put it out there to placate fans.
    The stuff emerging fuels the sceptic in me what with the buying ticket shenanigans, and being well prepared in time, and the movement of players, the marginalisation of others.
    Perhaps the new communications person will help convince some of us that we are 'building a better tomorrow together', otherwise the best communication vehicle would be seeing wins, providing we can get a ticket, and get into matches.

This...
  • seth plum said:

They may well want that I accept it. However they themselves are not shy in demonstrating how big a fee they get for Sterling, or how they trigger the Benteke release fee, or indeed other fees for other players previously, why on earth should the Gomez fee be such a secret?
    In our ignorance the things we have to chew on are the notion that Gomez has a £3.5 release fee, this has been repeated in various media outlets, a poster on here reckons that a Liverpool director confirms this, there as been no disclosure which adds to the speculation...especially the speculation that we have been shafted on this one (met with the Olly denial). Katrien when attempting to extend the original Gomez contract intimated that young players (and their agents) know their value, so a gentlemanly agreement to extend, but with a get out fee of £3.5 million for the club, seems very credible, especially when set against our depressing experience with Poyet.
    And I am fully aware that a lot of what I write here is quite speculative, but I would argue it is not absolutely pie in the sky either. The issue is 'undisclosed', and indeed with the broader blanket of Staprix, and not knowing how in house (to Charlton) our finances are managed, and with Rolands wealth and deep pockets anyway, and the network, and mysteries like Reza, and Lepoint it would in my view be pretty naïve to think that as fans we would not be both curious about the Gomez transfer, and also very disappointed if, as it seems on the face of it to some of us, we have been shafted.
    I would be happier if this one was out in the open, and if it really is none of my plebeian business to know, then that flies in the face of the 'together' part of 'building a better tomorrow together'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sterling was a fee received and Benteke fee was known as its a trigger in his contract.

Liverpool would want to undisclose Gomez fee as its something of a gamble.
  • Solly should be captain. He's here for the long-term.
  • Solly should be captain. He's here for the long-term.

Not necessarily by choice and he won't be playing half the games.
  • I can't be arsed to check but how was the Sterling fee reported on the official Liverpool website?
  • Talal said:

Solly should be captain. He's here for the long-term.

Not necessarily by choice and he won't be playing half the games.
    And he rarely speaks
  • I can't be arsed to check but how was the Sterling fee reported on the official Liverpool website?

The amount wasn't mentioned
  • Exactly. So no-one knows exactly how much it was, how the deal was structured etc. therefore why should Charlton reveal the Gomez deal just to appease/placate fans?
  • Exactly. So no-one knows exactly how much it was, how the deal was structured etc. therefore why should Charlton reveal the Gomez deal just to appease/placate fans?

Well, to appease and placate I suppose, is that so bad?

• seth plum said:

Exactly. So no-one knows exactly how much it was, how the deal was structured etc. therefore why should Charlton reveal the Gomez deal just to appease/placate fans?

Well, to appease and placate I suppose, is that so bad?

But, have you thought that it may be illegal under the terms of the contract?
  • Yeah, there might be confidentially agreements. I wonder what might be gained from them if there are, measured against possible credibility issues with the fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why do you think you have the right to know these things? Are you a shareholder? No.

When you do your weekly shop do you demand to know how much income the supermarket has? Do you think you should know how much each product was bought for by the shop before selling it to you?
  • No I personally don't. You guys know what you're signing up to? Does it say in terms and conditions that you will have transfer information disclosed to you when signing up for valley gold?

As I said when buying something from a supermarket you won't demand to know the income of that supermarket even though you shop there every week, so why should you know the clubs?
  • No I personally don't. You guys know what you're signing up to? Does it say in terms and conditions that you will have transfer information disclosed to you when signing up for valley gold?

As I said when buying something from a supermarket you won't demand to know the income of that supermarket even though you shop there every week, so why should you know the clubs?

If you did the general manager of that shop would take down your e.mail address and a few days later you would receive a link allowing you to access that info.

Greenie, I don't subscribe to Valley Gold myself (used to), I am as I said, nosey...helps me to be so opinionated.
    Why should I know the clubs business?
    Big question, as in why should a supporter know about the business of their club, or our club, where we are dah de dah de dah together.
    Me? I wanna know, yeah I wanna know, I wanns make a judgement as to whether it was good business, just as many football fans have been doing everywhere when contemplating all kinds of transfers. That kind of judgementalism goes back even beyond the transfer of Steve Daley (look it up and allow for inflation).
    I respect your seeming lack of curiosity in this matter, I simply feel differently.
  • seth plum said:

No I personally don't. You guys know what you're signing up to? Does it say in terms and conditions that you will have transfer information disclosed to you when signing up for valley gold?

Greenie, I don't subscribe to Valley Gold myself (used to), I am as I said, nosey...helps me to be so opinionated.
    Why should I know the clubs business?
    Big question, as in why should a supporter know about the business of their club, or our club, where we are dah de dah de dah together.
    Me? I wanna know, yeah I wanna know, I wanns make a judgement as to whether it was good business, just as many football fans have been doing everywhere when contemplating all kinds of transfers. That kind of judgementalism goes back even beyond the transfer of Steve Daley (look it up and allow for inflation).
    I respect your seeming lack of curiosity in this matter, I simply feel differently.
    I too am curious - I don't buy the "Charlton's a business just like a supermarket", I'm not a shareholder but I am a stakeholder in a way that no customer of Tesco would ever be. However the comparison @Greenie Junior is making with supermarkets is quite apt, you could easily find out the profit and loss figures for most big supermarkets through their annual results and once our annual results are released we'll be able to make a pretty good educated guess at the Gomez fee (when I say guess I mean @newyorkaddick will decipher the numbers on his blog and then we'll know !).
  • sm said:

Interesting that he comes from the side that is managed by Jose Riga since this June.

Jose Riga still has Charlton in his heart and the network is still looking for new players,even old managers play apart.
    For me this appears to be agood sign and signing.
    Welcome to SE7.
  • Something will show up in the accounts at some time and then really important people can cream themselves over the numbers.
  • another nail in jackos coffin i'm afraid