Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ahmed Kashi signs from FC Metz (Signing Confirmed - 3 Year Deal)

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Charlton will complete the signing of Algeria international Ahmed Kasha from French club Metz, subject to finalising personal terms, the club confirmed on Saturday afternoon
    George Jones reports

Charlton will complete the signing of Algeria international Ahmed Kashi from French club Metz, subject to finalising personal terms, the club confirmed on Saturday afternoon.

The 26-year-old, who linked up with his new team-mates and participated in this morning's training session in Liege, was in Algeria’s squad for this year’s African Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea, making his international debut off the bench against Senegal in the group stages.

Kashi began his career with LB Châteauroux in France, with his professional debut coming in Ligue 2 in April 2008. The following campaign, 2008/09, he turned out 21 times and he netted his first goal for the club in a thumping 5-1 victory over Stade Brest.

Four more impressive campaigns in central France saw the midfielder earn a move west to Metz, where he went on to feature in both Ligue 2 and the French top flight, Ligue 1.

The midfielder will travel to Sint-Truiden to watch his new side in action this evening and he joins Patrick Bauer, El-Hadji Ba and Simon Makienok as the club’s summer additions so far.

Kashi is due at The Valley on Monday where the club will complete the transfer.
  • I really hope they "finalise personal terms" or they are going to look really stupid if it falls through!

Don't understand it being announced before it is done.

I reckon this means Diarra is going to be used as a centre back.
  • Welcome to the network Ahmed
  • I really hope they "finalise personal terms" or they are going to look really stupid if it falls through!

Don't understand it being announced before it is done.

I reckon this means Diarra is going to be used as a centre back.

good thinking .. welcome Ahmed .. and all the best of luck
  • I thought we were after Moroccans
  • Welcome Ahmed.

CB and a couple of wingers next please Guy.
  • So...is this fella any good?
  • Sponsored links:

• Huskaris said:

Is it just me that doesn't get excited by new signings like this?

'Like this' ?

Like what ?
  • Huskaris said:

Is it just me that doesn't get excited by new signings like this?

Last summer's signings were definitely more exciting. What's happened to the Gomez money?
  • I thought this was a joke when I first saw it on the rumours thread yesterday..........I thought it was a character from Carry on up the Khyber !!!
  • Should allow Cousins to push forward more.
  • Just reading the first few comments on the Metz forum. They all seem to like him, only read the first page of the thread so far though.
  • "Good luck to him if AC is confirmed ; we note a combative player , but motivated to say that this is a huge loss ... it is still pretty darn technically limited , apart from the side to the back passes and it does not add much under construction ".
  • Seems to be 1m 78cm, 5 feet 10 inches!
  • Dead ringer for Omar Pouso. Hope he lasts a bit longer!
  • Sponsored links:

• "Good luck to him if AC is confirmed ; we note a combative player , but motivated to say that this is a huge loss ... it is still pretty darn technically limited , apart from the side to the back passes and it does not add much under construction ".

Trying to work this out but at least it makes more sense than Colin's ramblings.
  • Date of birth 18 November 1988
    Age 26
    Country of birth France
    Place of birth Aubervilliers
    Position Midfielder
    Height 178 cm
    Weight 76 kg

Starts 136
    Subs 31
    Goals 5
    Yellows 37
    Reds 0

(Soccerway)
  • think I'll pass comment when I see him play.
  • Sounds like he was a key part of their team for the last two seasons.
  • Sounds similar to Semedo from what I've read but as above I'll wait to see him play... before I slag him off ;-)
  • Sounds Lepoint mk 2

Obviously using your extensive knowledge having seen him play on numerous occasions.

• Are we going to play one CB with 4 defensive midfielders in front?