Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ahmed Kashi signs from FC Metz (Signing Confirmed - 3 Year Deal)

Comments

• seth plum said:

No I personally don't. You guys know what you're signing up to? Does it say in terms and conditions that you will have transfer information disclosed to you when signing up for valley gold?

As I said when buying something from a supermarket you won't demand to know the income of that supermarket even though you shop there every week, so why should you know the clubs?

Greenie, I don't subscribe to Valley Gold myself (used to), I am as I said, nosey...helps me to be so opinionated.
    Why should I know the clubs business?
    Big question, as in why should a supporter know about the business of their club, or our club, where we are dah de dah de dah together.
    Me? I wanna know, yeah I wanna know, I wanns make a judgement as to whether it was good business, just as many football fans have been doing everywhere when contemplating all kinds of transfers. That kind of judgementalism goes back even beyond the transfer of Steve Daley (look it up and allow for inflation).
    I respect your seeming lack of curiosity in this matter, I simply feel differently.
    Fair play mate, wasn't digging you out at all by the way I was just wondering as I don't understand your side on it if you get what I mean
  • seth plum said:

Yeah, there might be confidentially agreements. I wonder what might be gained from them if there are, measured against possible credibility issues with the fans.

Maybe it's the credibility of Liverpool fans rather than Charlton fans?

It doesn't have to be a conspiracy involving Charlton at all...
  • seth plum said:

Yeah, there might be confidentially agreements. I wonder what might be gained from them if there are, measured against possible credibility issues with the fans.

Maybe it's the credibility of Liverpool fans rather than Charlton fans?

It doesn't have to be a conspiracy involving Charlton at all...
    You could be right. If you are, how very decent of us to pander to Liverpool's wishes.

• Is it khasi or kashi. I suppose time will tell. Welcome Ahmed.
  • Has his cheque cleared yet?
  • Has his cheque cleared yet?

SEPA I should think, so yes.
  • Welcome Ahmed
  • If Luzon's happy I'm happy, welcome Ahmed. Hoping he's a Kishishev. Looking like we'll be moving away from a 442 with current signings, more like a 433 or 352.

Also, with a name like Kashi surely we can get a decent song going.
  • I find all this non disclosure of fees very frustrating and yet another element of interest that is being phased out in the modern game. A great deal of enjoyment was derived from buying a "bargain" who developed into a prized asset. Or selling a product of the youth system for millions. Without knowing the fees involved for most players these days, how will fans know who is the clubs record signing? We can't even sing "what a waste of money" to opposing players anymore! I can understand the reasons behind it, but feel that fans are being denied very important information that in some ways shapes their support for their club. I know that one of the reasons I supported Charlton was because they could never afford to spend big bucks, but had to rely on developing youngsters and signing out of favour bargains. Having said all that, welcome Ahmed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Yep.... it's on the O.S now that he has signed for Reims. Well it's on Reims O.S.

Wrong thread, I'm assuming this is about Bulot?
  • I’ve been thinking about this and I’m not sure fees are that important, we could get £10m for a player and RD pockets it or the funds go towards players that strengthen other parts of the network, or we could get £3m and it all goes to building our team. I would imagine it makes decent business sense not to disclose the full value of the Gomes deal, even if it does make a few fans disgruntled. We know that that isn’t too high on the owners priorities anyway.
  • Greenie said:

So we sign an international player, a player no one on CL has seen and the negative bed wetters come out with:-

"sounds like a character from Carry on up the Khyber"
    "Sounds like LePoint Mk2"
    "Dead ringer of Omar Pouso"

What a bunch of saddos.

Welcome Ahmed please ignore the waste of air users that infest parts of our support base.

agree with majority, not sure we can bleat on about Kashi being an international though, he does only have the 1 cap!
  • Has this not been officiallly announced yet?

Maybe Chris Parkes lost his office keys?

No. As it's now Monday evening it's time for someone to say "it's dragged on too long" and suggest it's fallen through.
  • It has already been announced so maybe they can't be bothered to announce it again, now he has signed that pesky contract.
  • Has this fella signed, or has the deal gone down the khazi?
  • Sponsored links:

• It's dragged on too long.
  • edited July 2015
    I heard he was all impressed until he saw Richard Murray he pointed at him with his eye wide open and screamed Iain dowie? then he made a run for the nearest fire exit. Not been seen since.
  • uh-oh, that's LePoint's office - bad omen.
  • He looks about 40!! How old did they say he was??
  • Just out of interest...
    Is it "Ar-med" or "Ach-med"? (The 'ch' from the throat as in 'loch')
    It can be pronounced both ways, so it would seem polite to pronounce it the way he does.
    Anyone know?