Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

new ticket site

123457»

Comments

• Badger said:

Rubbish.

"All boxes must be filled" - like the E-Mail address that my 9 year old brother is quite clearly not going to have?!

Going to stick to getting tickets on the phone until they provide a system that is fit for purpose.

Colchester tickets are online purchase only.

I was buying for me and two fellow season ticket holders - every time I entered thier address it said "user already exists" but there was no option to input their CON numbers either.

Called up to be told they can only be bought online.

Joke!
    It's who you know, not what you know... :-)

I think they have scrapped the CON number idea. They didn't advertise it and I can't remember where I read it, but it was definitely mentioned on here.
    I visited the ticket office yesterday morning and purchased two tickets for the Colchester game as well as two Coach tickets.

I was asked for my Red card.

The coach ticets can't be bought online as they don't have a way of knowing how many they have sold. I can only imagine the computer system probably can't give them exact coach numbers which inturn means they probably wouldn't know how many people want to travel by coach.
    This is nonsense, though, isn't it? All the coach bookings, including those made by phone or in person, go through the same system. If the system can't tell them how many tickets have been sold then it's not fit for purpose. The reality is that they want to manage the numbers to ensure one coach is full rather than meet the demand, which also why the pick-up times and route are ridiculous. They are forfeiting thousands in profit on away travel in consequence. There should be at least half a dozen coaches on Saturday given the tickets sold.

• It is nonsense but i think the club is trying it's best to undermine coach travel anyway.
  • Rubbish.

"All boxes must be filled" - like the E-Mail address that my 9 year old brother is quite clearly not going to have?!

Going to stick to getting tickets on the phone until they provide a system that is fit for purpose.

I was buying for me and two fellow season ticket holders - every time I entered thier address it said "user already exists" but there was no option to input their CON numbers either.

Joke!
    Just had the same problem - once I called them whole order completed in seconds - rather than my 5 attempts online.....whole system is pathetic, not what we CUSTOMERS want hey Katrien!
    Contact Colchester's CEO and advise him/her that their club is possibly being denied extra revenue for saturday due to the difficult situation with tickets on sale for online customers only plus the ticket office closed on Wednesday and Thursday.
  • shirty5 said:

Contact Colchester's CEO and advise him/her that their club is possibly being denied extra revenue for saturday due to the difficult situation with tickets on sale for online customers only plus the ticket office closed on Wednesday and Thursday.

We’re reducing our own revenue too, it’s a cup game so we get the same cut as Colchester.

Unfortunately I only remembered this after purchasing, so despite my Valley absence RD will get a little of my cash.
  • Badger said:

Rubbish.

Joke!
    It's who you know, not what you know... :-)

I think they have scrapped the CON number idea. They didn't advertise it and I can't remember where I read it, but it was definitely mentioned on here.
    I visited the ticket office yesterday morning and purchased two tickets for the Colchester game as well as two Coach tickets.

I was asked for my Red card.

The coach ticets can't be bought online as they don't have a way of knowing how many they have sold. I can only imagine the computer system probably can't give them exact coach numbers which inturn means they probably wouldn't know how many people want to travel by coach.
    This is nonsense, though, isn't it? All the coach bookings, including those made by phone or in person, go through the same system. If the system can't tell them how many tickets have been sold then it's not fit for purpose. The reality is that they want to manage the numbers to ensure one coach is full rather than meet the demand, which also why the pick-up times and route are ridiculous. They are forfeiting thousands in profit on away travel in consequence. There should be at least half a dozen coaches on Saturday given the tickets sold.

I tried online and gave up. What with that and the coaches, just a complete shambles.....
  • edited January 2016
    We have an online booking system that is set up in such a way that you have to ring the ticket office in order to be able to use it properly. Is there nobody down there who realises how telling that is?
  • Wonder if Roland knows? .... or cares!
  • edited January 2016
    It seems strange to me that the ticket web site is selling tickets for the Rotherham match on the 30th January (which is the date of the FA Cup 4th round) with both CAFC and Rotherham having realistic chances of progressing and the re-arranged date will be midweek, I see no point in selling tickets until Monday, Does the ticket office even know it is cup weekend? I bet you cannot claim a refund via the online ticket site.
  • This really emphasises how little they care! Talk about going out of your way to make fans give up trying to buy tickets!!!!
    Is this all part of the masterplan/business model that only RD/KM understands?
    I bet she does not even realise that we take a bigger share of the gate for a cup game. Unbelievable incompetence from her and whoever she forced to set up the online ticketing system (because they are clearly out of their depth).
    Haven't even bothered this time as it wouldn't let me buy 2 tickets last time, one being a concession.
    (Colchester CEO is Robbie Cowling, but can't see an email address.)
  • Used it for the first time today. It took about 15 minutes, to do something that used to take about 2 on the phone. Won't be rushing back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dansk_Red said:

It seems strange to me that the ticket web site is selling tickets for the Rotherham match on the 30th January (which is the date of the FA Cup 4th round) with both CAFC and Rotherham having realistic chances of progressing and the re-arranged date will be midweek, I see no point in selling tickets until Monday, Does the ticket office even know it is cup weekend? I bet you cannot claim a refund via the online ticket site.

Well Rotherham are away at Leeds, so a tough game.

And maybe Karel told them the team and formation we would be playing on Saturday...
  • This really emphasises how little they care! Talk about going out of your way to make fans give up trying to buy tickets!!!!
    Is this all part of the masterplan/business model that only RD/KM understands?
    I bet she does not even realise that we take a bigger share of the gate for a cup game. Unbelievable incompetence from her and whoever she forced to set up the online ticketing system (because they are clearly out of their depth).
    Haven't even bothered this time as it wouldn't let me buy 2 tickets last time, one being a concession.
    (Colchester CEO is Robbie Cowling, but can't see an email address.)

http://www.cu-fc.com/club/clubinfo/