Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

new ticket site

Comments

• cafcfan said:

OS now says additional matches have been added to the ticketing site.

So, I thought, what the hell, I'll book some Derby away tickets. Got a long way through the process (including getting a password reminder - I hadn't forgotten it - they had just changed it) only to get to the "select valid delivery method page" where the only option was "collection".

No I'm not driving from Essex to SE7 just to pick up tickets - where's the "mail" option for heaven's sake??

BTW, the log on now seems to be your email address rather than your CON number.

I had same issue but went ahead anyway - will be interesting to see if they arrive.
  • It does come up collection only you highlight the little dot then another box comes up underneath saying deliver to this address and you click it then they post them to you
  • It's shit
  • I have bought my season ticket online and the money has come out...I hope they send it
  • edited July 2015

I have bought my season ticket online and the money has come out...I hope they send it

Apparently, you have to collect any tickets or S/T's from the programme sellers :smile:
    Many a true word, CE....

But you have to find one first .

• I have bought my season ticket online and the money has come out...I hope they send it

Apparently, you have to collect any tickets or S/T's from the programme sellers :smile:
    Many a true word, CE....

But you have to find one first .

That was the joke !

Less than 3 weeks to go. Getting closer but no sign of a season ticket so far.
  • It does come up collection only you highlight the little dot then another box comes up underneath saying deliver to this address and you click it then they post them to you

Thanks Rooster, I'll give it ago. Clunky or what?
  • edited July 2015
    Yeah it is clunky but this could only happen at our club. Everyone else has a good ticket site but we build one and it's typical charlton we always get shafted we are jinxed!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• done it!
    booked and printed my tickets for the QPR match with thanks to Mandy who pointed me in the right direction.
    we are in the East Stand and as we are more away than home supporters I need to know if a tartan blanket is a requirement in August
    all we have to do now is find a programme seller.
  • I've gone to pay and it only gives me the option of being New to Charlton. When I put details in it recognises my email address as I am not new to Charlton but wont let me log in. Its crap!
  • The Dagenham and Redbridge Capital One Cup tickets booking page is listed under Sky Bet Championship matches. The link from the tickets information page does not work.
  • edited July 2015

I think the club will need to revisit this, because while it is a worthy concept in theory it makes limited sense as presented.

For a start, the U18 package is cheaper than the U11 package in the NW quad for silver matches, but dearer for gold matches, which must be a mistake.

At £38 or £42, assuming the prices have been transposed, It is also cheaper than buying two adult tickets there at £22 each, so anyone wanting two adults will be advised to buy the extra seats and either not use them or give them away.

There's also no explanation of what to do if you have one U11 and one U18 in your group. There doesn't seem much point in differentiating between U11s and U18s in this offer in the first place, as it will involve a tiny difference in revenue. It would be much more sensible - and crucially easier to market - to have one family ticket price in each area.
  • drewman said:

I've gone to pay and it only gives me the option of being New to Charlton. When I put details in it recognises my email address as I am not new to Charlton but wont let me log in. Its crap!

Hi drewman; I am having the same problem. I have been in contact with katie Cowling who has paaed my problem onto the IT support. If I get a solution will let people know.
  • edited July 2015
    Well it should blah bladdy blah
    You just have to blah bladdy blah
    It ought to blah bladdy blah
    It's obvious that you blah bladdy blah
    You only need to blah bladdy blah
    If you can't blah bladdy blah, then it is because there is something wrong with you not us and our system

be patient, bear with us, teething problems, sorting out, been in touch with, tomorrow, next couple of days, will get back to you

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK !!!!!!
  • seth plum said:

If you can't blah bladdy blah, then it is because there is something wrong with you not us and our system

When was this said?
  • edited July 2015
    I've been away for the last week, but t looks as if they have changed the set-up so that you no longer have to enter details for the other people you are buying for, which was causing a lot of the problems, as it was bound to do.*

This is a trade-off between common sense and gathering data. The club has a long and not very encouraging history with Green4, but to my understanding they are essentially a CRM (customer relationship management) business that developed ticketing software as an add-on.

When we were looking to upgrade the existing Navision ticketing system from 2010 onwards, they were our CRM supplier, i.e. the firm whose software enabled us to send out HTML emails using the Navision database. That's about use of data and efficient digital marketing, rather than comms generally.

It was a clunky set-up because the club didn't want people to be able to change the Navision database directly via Green4, although there were other problems with the CRM that were the latter's fault. I believe Ben Kensell then blew Green4 out for Arsenal's provider, although from the problems we had had with the former I wouldn't criticise that.

My hunch is that Green4 will have pushed the CRM benefit of their ticketing software to Charlton, without the club properly understanding the practical implications in terms of time and the way fans behave.

CAFC's former systems manager, David Colgan, put a huge amount of work into the upgrade project and it's a shame that his knowledge went to waste. I am not criticising his replacement, but self-evidently she doesn't know first hand of our previous experiences with Green4 or what we learned from the previous work. In any event, I imagine the decisions were made above her head by people with much less understanding of ticketing anyway.

Green 4 ticketing is or has been used by various clubs including Bristol City, Crawley Town, Hull City, Northampton Town, Southend United and Scunthorpe, but more relevantly St Trinians.

One things to be clear about, however, is that the club has not outsourced ticketing to Green4 - it is responsible for selling its own tickets and for putting the appropriate policies and messaging around that.

*Edit: I take it back. I can now get as far as entering credit card info. It then falls over and produces an internal system error screen.
  • Well it should blah bladdy blah

be patient, bare with us, teething problems, sorting out, been in touch with, tomorrow, next couple of days, will get back to you

seth plum said:

When was this said?
    Not in quotation marks is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• I've been away for the last week, but t looks as if they have changed the set-up so that you no longer have to enter details for the other people you are buying for, which was causing a lot of the problems, as it was bound to do.

This is a trade-off between common sense and gathering data. The club has a long and not very encouraging history with Green4, but to my understanding they are essentially a CRM (customer relationship management) business that developed ticketing software as an add-on.

When we were looking to upgrade the existing Navision ticketing system from 2010 onwards, they were our CRM supplier, i.e. the firm whose software enabled us to send out HTML emails using the Navision database. That's about use of data and efficient digital marketing, rather than comms generally.

It was a clunky set-up because the club didn't want people to be able to change the Navision database directly via Green4, although there were other problems with the CRM that were the latter's fault. I believe Ben Kensell then blew Green4 out for Arsenal's provider, although from the problems we had had with the former I wouldn't criticise that.

My hunch is that Green4 will have pushed the CRM benefit of their ticketing software to Charlton, without the club properly understanding the practical implications in terms of time and the way fans behave.

CAFC's former systems manager, David Colgan, put a huge amount of work into the upgrade project and it's a shame that his knowledge went to waste. I am not criticising his replacement, but self-evidently she doesn't know first hand of our previous experiences with Green4 or what we learned from the previous work. In any event, I imagine the decisions were made above her head by people with much less understanding of ticketing anyway.

Green 4 ticketing is or has been used by various clubs including Bristol City, Crawley Town, Hull City, Northampton Town, Southend United and Scunthorpe, but more relevantly St Trinians.

One things to be clear about, however, is that the club has not outsourced ticketing to Green4 - it is responsible for selling its own tickets and for putting the appropriate policies and messaging around that.

Wish I had know it was not all down to Green4 before I contacted them to ask how they would be compensating me, and what the method to claim compensation would be...heading off at the pass and all that, anticipating problems. I contacted Green4 as Olly alerted us about them on the CAFC Player thread, and I had thought responsibility lay with them. Mind you it doesn't matter because Green4 have not had the courtesy to reply.

• edited July 2015
    I understand they want to capture info, and when giving out freebies I think this is fair, I personally don't think its a good idea to capture details of others your buying for, its a step too far in my view and should be optional, and might limit sales if and when it works.
  • razil said:

I understand they want to capture info, and when giving out freebies I think this is fair, I personally don't think its a good idea to capture details of others your buying for, its a step too far in my view and should be optional, and might limit sales if and when it works.

And this is especially out of order when buying tickets as/for a season ticket holder as all the info required will have been on the recently submitted application form.

• edited July 2015
    Got mine in the West
  • msomerton said:

drewman said:

I've gone to pay and it only gives me the option of being New to Charlton. When I put details in it recognises my email address as I am not new to Charlton but wont let me log in. Its crap!

Hi drewman; I am having the same problem. I have been in contact with katie Cowling who has paaed my problem onto the IT support. If I get a solution will let people know.
    I eventually worked out there is another Login right at the top which if you click on it takes you to where you need to be. All worked out in the end except living near Southampton collecting tickets not an option as expect ticket office to be busy on the day. Wanted a post option but didn't appear to be one. Went for print at home and got an A4 print out with the details on and one of those weird square bar codes that I haven't got to grips with yet. So hoping that will get me in on the day!
  • if I buy a season ticket for my son and he can't go some games can I upgrade the ticket to an adult?
  • drewman said:

msomerton said:

drewman said:

I eventually worked out there is another Login right at the top which if you click on it takes you to where you need to be. All worked out in the end except living near Southampton collecting tickets not an option as expect ticket office to be busy on the day. Wanted a post option but didn't appear to be one. Went for print at home and got an A4 print out with the details on and one of those weird square bar codes that I haven't got to grips with yet. So hoping that will get me in on the day!
    Those weird square bar codes, work, for print at home tickets, I've used elsewhere, for horse racing, I think.
  • seth plum said:

be patient, bare with us, teething problems, sorting out, been in touch with, tomorrow, next couple of days, will get back to you

seth plum said:

When was this said?
    So you're just posting random made up crap?

Yet you claim to not be a WUM, I'll never understand some of the weirdos on the internet.
  • edited July 2015

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

When was this said?
    So you're just posting random made up crap?

Yet you claim to not be a WUM, I'll never understand some of the weirdos on the internet.
    As I said previously it's an option for you to ignore what I write.
    You call it crap, it is supposed to be a commentary on the excuses and convoluted justifications that systems designers and operators often use when things go wrong, and they wish to avoid responsibility. It is not random but a collection of the kind of things I often hear, selected words are in bold in order to emphasise that point.

Then you say I claim not to be a wind up merchant, but then you broaden it to 'some of the weirdos', would it be more honest of you to actually say that you think I am that actual weirdo?

You can rest comfortably in your sense of superiority to me, and continue making judgements if you like. I have a sense your personal attitude towards me is also fuelled by your judgement regarding my politics (you may remember our exchange regarding people on welfare).

Or alternatively, as I have suggested, you can ignore what I write and avoid making snide personal remarks fired in my direction.
  • I think you're a weirdo

:smile: