Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

new ticket site

edited July 2015 in General Charlton
just went on the new ticket site. it lets you buy a season ticket online. Some of the season tickets say Adult (PA) £0.00 I have just ordered one and it seems to have gone through. anyone know what's going on? is this an error on the site? bit like wen screwfix went wrong and people bought things for 1p!!

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Looks like a balls up by someone, would they have to honour it?
  • Of course they would not. The contract of sale is made once they have accepted it and they have not. Tesco, M&S have both done similar things ... Legally they don't have to honour it.
  • Very weird.
  • It's one way to fill the ground.
  • edited July 2015
    I love this club, its my life, means more to me than the owner could ever understand etc etc....yet the second a chance to take advantage of the club presents itself, people are tempted to jump on it! No doubt when the mistake is noticed and people told their freebie won't be honoured KM et al will be crucified.

Not great that its happened, but speaking as someone who has been fucked over by 3rd party IT vendors, I'm not surprised.

Can't understand why people would want to tuck the club up......
  • edited July 2015
    Oh I see well to be fair it's not very clear on the site PA could mean anything. I thought the P stood for promotion.

And snide nobody Is trying to tuck the club up. I didn't advertise it. If anyone has tucked anyone up its the club. I still haven't forgiven RM for Iain Dowie.

Ticket office if you are lurking what's an AMB adult? There is no key on the site it's confusing. You can't blame me.
  • You never know , this season the ticket office might finally see them be able to accept chip and pin transactions. As Clem says they have the chance to sort these things and yet still it's a bit tin pot.
  • I am going to get a season ticket this season but I want to be with the singing crew. Is it going to be north upper still? I no there was talk last season of A block becoming a singing block but it didn't happen that much which is a shame because the tickets are only £200!!! Or H block west stand that's cheap.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am going to get a season ticket this season but I want to be with the singing crew. Is it going to be north upper still?

Yes.
  • edited July 2015
    The system seems to require you to enter the details of secondary purchasers (people you are buying tickets for), but then not allow you to enter the names of people already held on the system?

Edit: I've found the way to do this. You have to set the other person up as an associate and they have to respond to an email accepting the link. Perhaps the club has explained this somewhere, but I haven't seen it and there is no obvious explanation on the site.
  • Oh I see well to be fair it's not very clear on the site PA could mean anything. I thought the P stood for promotion.

And snide nobody Is trying to tuck the club up. I didn't advertise it. If anyone has tucked anyone up its the club. I still haven't forgiven RM for Iain Dowie.

Ticket office if you are lurking what's an AMB adult? There is no key on the site it's confusing. You can't blame me.

Ambulant ?
  • Ambulant disabled. . And I'm not from office. But presume that's what it is.
  • Ambulant disabled. . And I'm not from office. But presume that's what it is.

It's not difficult to work out is it!

What about SEN, STU, ADU, JNR.....are they on there ?

Moàaaaaàaaàaàànňñnnnnnnnn
  • The system seems to require you to enter the details of secondary purchasers (people you are buying tickets for), but then not allow you to enter the names of people already held on the system?

Edit: I've found the way to do this. You have to set the other person up as an associate and they have to respond to an email accepting the link. Perhaps the club has explained this somewhere, but I haven't seen it and there is no obvious explanation on the site.

I've tried to buy tickets for 5 of us , all season ticket holders , and can't believe it's necessary to input the others' details inc DOB when the Club already holds them !

We were made aware at last week's FF mtg that the database requires everyone's up to date details as people change their mobile numbers/email addresses and fail to inform the Club.

But, surely purchasing tickets for a Pre season Friendly match shouldn't be the time to do it ? I'll persist but maybe others wouldn't ?

I have emailed Mandy whose in charge at the CC, and asked her to call me to discuss so that I can make the process easier for those who post on here, and await her response.

• A quick update from Fanny's fact finding mission.....

Thus far, nothing to report, I'm afraid.

keep right on to the end of the road Fanny .. your country needs YOU ((:>)
  • I noticed that there is photo taken from every block showing the view from the block..
  • Sponsored links:

• Can you buy valley express tickets online, or is it by phone only?

Seems they don't want us Fanny.

• I still don't trust the owners but to be fair to them they are moving things forward like this. It was easier to do this year than any other when I renewed months ago

Seems they don't want us Fanny.

Maybe they've agreed to let the mighty '66 Cup winning Hammers have the whole stadium !

• THAT'LL EXPLAIN THE SPEED OF THE 100 SEASON TICKET SALES FOR JORDANS LEG WAX
  • I don't know about anyone else but I'm finding the new site impossible!

I'm trying to get West Ham friendly tkts, but I have to link each to txt to a member. So I try to add (the wife and kids), but it won't as their email addresses are listed. So, I tried to add them as connections in my account, but it won't add them as emails are listed, so I tried to request their connection. The emails to them never went through, and no pending connections are listed, but when I tried to send email again is says it won't as there is a pending connection with each of them!!

So, I tried to add them individually as I always used to buy odd tickets through my CON number account. Easy you'd think, but no. I can't make accounts for them as their emails are already listed. So, I tried the forgot password function. Entered each of their emails and the site, said that they AREN'T listed!!

What a stupid system!!!! It won't let me do anything!
  • Phone up and tell them.
    Simon E said:

I don't know about anyone else but I'm finding the new site impossible!

I'm trying to get West Ham friendly tkts, but I have to link each to txt to a member. So I try to add (the wife and kids), but it won't as their email addresses are listed. So, I tried to add them as connections in my account, but it won't add them as emails are listed, so I tried to request their connection. The emails to them never went through, and no pending connections are listed, but when I tried to send email again is says it won't as there is a pending connection with each of them!!

So, I tried to add them individually as I always used to buy odd tickets through my CON number account. Easy you'd think, but no. I can't make accounts for them as their emails are already listed. So, I tried the forgot password function. Entered each of their emails and the site, said that they AREN'T listed!!

it is a local site for local people, we'll have no trouble here.....
  • Mandy Anderson-Myers Ticket office manager

Got a very swift and helpful reponse myself
  • edited July 2015
    Simon E said:

I don't know about anyone else but I'm finding the new site impossible!

As an update my email never went through either, so I couldn't buy the tickets. If you phone up they'll charge you a booking fee to post them out, but regardless I don't really care enough about pre-ordering a pre-season friendly to spend any more time on it.

There is an argument for using such a game to soft test the system, but I think the data collection is probably unrealistic. It's not a new idea, it was considered in 2005 when the previous system was implemented (when you could also choose a seat), but discarded as unrealistic.

That system was taken offline in 2013 and the pre-2005 one (the non-members one that had operated continuously) left up, presumably for financial reasons. However running two in parallel was always very clumsy and the basic pre-2005 one was very inefficient for the club and unsatisfactory for fans. So potentially this one is a big improvement, once it all works!