Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

new ticket site

Comments

• Bought West Ham tickets online and printed them out no problem.

Still clunky and has unnecessary abbreviations but it worked for a friendly.

Using Facebook to login seemed to bypass any password request which saved time and effort.

Not tried for a league game so that might be harder.

Wasn't asked about other three people I was buying for.

Still a lot of room for improvement.

The collection/delivery/print option is very unclear.

And A4 tickets are a pain but a minor one.
  • Just bought my West Ham ticket on line,

No issues and straight forward.
  • edited July 2015

Bought West Ham tickets online and printed them out no problem.

Still clunky and has unnecessary abbreviations but it worked for a friendly.

Using Facebook to login seemed to bypass any password request which saved time and effort.

Not tried for a league game so that might be harder.

Wasn't asked about other three people I was buying for.

Still a lot of room for improvement.

The collection/delivery/print option is very unclear.

And A4 tickets are a pain but a minor one.

Today's error message below. Perhaps I should take it personally . . . :-)

Actually, I've seen a version of this screen many times when working with Green4 in the past.

As a matter of interest, Henry, did you complete the section about who is using the tickets? I got to this without doing so, which either way can't be correct. It's not a screen that should be visible to a customer.

• The thing is I wanted to link any ticket purchases, especially away ones to my family's season tickets.

I'm hoping for a Wembley trip where they would be required. ;-)
  • Whats the linking ticket thing about anyway?

Finally . . . still won't sell me West Ham though.

Did Katrien fail to inform you that you're banned, AB ?

:wink:

I don't THINK that's what she was saying at the PotY, but you know better than me . . . :-)

I don't THINK that's what she was saying at the PotY, but you know better than me . . . :-)
    Just get rid of those 14 chips on your shoulder, AB !

She loves you really !

• I bought my Derby tickets yesterday & no longer needed to input details of other ticket holders.

As Henry says, the final, generic page, re collection/delivery/print option is very unclear.

I contacted Mandy and told her. She said she would "look into it".
  • Sponsored links:

• Just tried to purchase 2 tkts for the Southend friendly online.

Not clear whether I needed to add Mr F's details for the 2nd ticket but did so and it came up that he was already on the system.

Input my credit card details as requested, submitted and " An error has occurred " appeared on my screen.....Tried to refresh but no luck ..

Rang to speak to a customer service adviser, who then took my booking by telephone.

I asked that a check be made to see whether my original credit card payment had been taken but was told this is not possible until the following day( I THINK that was the response) but when I asked that my purchase history be checked to see whether the transaction had been accepted, there was nothing to show this had happened.

So, transaction by phone was simple and I was advised that as I had endeavoured to make it online without success, no booking fee would be taken on this occasion.

However, I shall check that only 1 payment has been taken from my card , just in case....

Simples ?
  • seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Well it should blah bladdy blah
    You just have to blah bladdy blah
    It ought to blah bladdy blah
    It's obvious that you blah bladdy blah
    You only need to blah bladdy blah
    If you can't blah bladdy blah, then it is because there is something wrong with you not us and our system

be patient, bare with us, teething problems, sorting out, been in touch with, tomorrow, next couple of days, will get back to you

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK !!!!!!

seth plum said:

If you can't blah bladdy blah, then it is because there is something wrong with you not us and our system

When was this said?
    Not in quotation marks is it?
    So you're just posting random made up crap?

Yet you claim to not be a WUM, I'll never understand some of the weirdos on the internet.
    As I said previously it's an option for you to ignore what I write.
    You call it crap, it is supposed to be a commentary on the excuses and convoluted justifications that systems designers and operators often use when things go wrong, and they wish to avoid responsibility. It is not random but a collection of the kind of things I often hear, selected words are in bold in order to emphasise that point.

Then you say I claim not to be a wind up merchant, but then you broaden it to 'some of the weirdos', would it be more honest of you to actually say that you think I am that actual weirdo?

You can rest comfortably in your sense of superiority to me, and continue making judgements if you like. I have a sense your personal attitude towards me is also fuelled by your judgement regarding my politics (you may remember our exchange regarding people on welfare).

Or alternatively, as I have suggested, you can ignore what I write and avoid making snide personal remarks fired in my direction.

Convoluted justifications that haven't been used in this instance? So not really relevant at all, unless you just want to whinge like a child.

For the record, I think anyone who goes onto the internet posting stuff just to get a reaction is a weirdo. You're certainly not the only person, imo, guilty of this type of behavior on the internet.

I have no feeling of superiority to anyone, nor is my opinion of you being a WUM based on your politics. It's based on threads like this one and the Germany/Greece thread.
  • seth plum said:

When was this said?
    I've had it or similar said to me on countless occasions particularly by those robots manning the telephones of large organisations.

The mantra is THE COMPUTER IS GOD AND CAN DO NO WRONG. Any problems are YOUR fault even when you do what they fucking well tell you!

I respectfully suggest Seth may have had similar experiences.

• edited July 2015
    Anyone got their credit card season ticket yet?

Another disaster waiting to happen.
  • But not on this occasion, right?
  • But not on this occasion, right?

Yet.

Although you need to check with Seth.

• Rick,

Didn't need to say who I was buying for.

There seems to be a guest option, for that game at least.

Would prefer to be able to add who I'm buying for for loyalty points.

Credit to them as they seem to be editing the site to make it work better.

Would have been better to have tested it before going live. Something a group of fans could have done as volunteers.

• I just ordered successfully for West Ham, after a couple of errors that were stopping me progress after selecting my seats. My suspicion is that they're not temporarily holding the seats once you click on them, so it's possible someone else can book those seats while you're still on that page... which then leads to the error when you try and confirm. That's my hunch anyway.

The "guest" option is confusing too, as it clearly looks like you're supposed to make a selection from the drop down box on the left hand side, when in fact ignoring it altogether makes it a guest purchase.

As it was a friendly I couldn't be bothered trying to link the tickets to my Dad or kid's CON numbers anyway after reading all the problems everyone's been having. Hoping that's not going to affect them getting FA Cup Final tickets next May...
  • Sponsored links:

• Just tried to purchase 2 tkts for the Southend friendly online.

Not clear whether I needed to add Mr F's details for the 2nd ticket but did so and it came up that he was already on the system.

Input my credit card details as requested, submitted and " An error has occurred " appeared on my screen.....Tried to refresh but no luck ..

Rang to speak to a customer service adviser, who then took my booking by telephone.

I asked that a check be made to see whether my original credit card payment had been taken but was told this is not possible until the following day( I THINK that was the response) but when I asked that my purchase history be checked to see whether the transaction had been accepted, there was nothing to show this had happened.

So, transaction by phone was simple and I was advised that as I had endeavoured to make it online without success, no booking fee would be taken on this occasion.

However, I shall check that only 1 payment has been taken from my card , just in case....

Simples ?

Now received 2 consecutive emails , with different reference numbers, thanking me for my purchase.....

Have emailed Mandy as this contradicts the statement made over the phone.

Surely this shouldn't be so complicated that it takes up SO much time for both purchaser and Club staff ?

BTW, I am posting my experience to indicate to fellow Lifers AND the Club how problematical it is to use said online ticket site in the hope that the difficulties encountered will assist in solving the issues.

• I just ordered successfully for West Ham, after a couple of errors that were stopping me progress after selecting my seats. My suspicion is that they're not temporarily holding the seats once you click on them, so it's possible someone else can book those seats while you're still on that page... which then leads to the error when you try and confirm. That's my hunch anyway.

The "guest" option is confusing too, as it clearly looks like you're supposed to make a selection from the drop down box on the left hand side, when in fact ignoring it altogether makes it a guest purchase.

As it was a friendly I couldn't be bothered trying to link the tickets to my Dad or kid's CON numbers anyway after reading all the problems everyone's been having. Hoping that's not going to affect them getting FA Cup Final tickets next May...

That's a bit unlikely given the number of seats and the level of demand. Would have to be a pretty big coincidence if it was a record locking problem.

That's a bit unlikely given the number of seats and the level of demand. Would have to be a pretty big coincidence if it was a record locking problem.
    The block I was looking in didn't have the seats I'd previously selected available when I went back in to try and book on the third attempt - West Block Lower C - there were only a few blocks of 4 free at the time. Also booked during lunch break which I guess might be a peak time? You're right though, I did think it would be a bit of a coincidence!
  • I have had the money come out my bank for my season ticket but not have any emails
  • seth plum said:

seth plum said:

be patient, bare with us, teething problems, sorting out, been in touch with, tomorrow, next couple of days, will get back to you

seth plum said:

When was this said?

Yet you claim to not be a WUM, I'll never understand some of the weirdos on the internet.
    You call it crap, it is supposed to be a commentary on the excuses and convoluted justifications that systems designers and operators often use when things go wrong, and they wish to avoid responsibility. It is not random but a collection of the kind of things I often hear, selected words are in bold in order to emphasise that point.

Then you say I claim not to be a wind up merchant, but then you broaden it to 'some of the weirdos', would it be more honest of you to actually say that you think I am that actual weirdo?

You can rest comfortably in your sense of superiority to me, and continue making judgements if you like. I have a sense your personal attitude towards me is also fuelled by your judgement regarding my politics (you may remember our exchange regarding people on welfare).

Or alternatively, as I have suggested, you can ignore what I write and avoid making snide personal remarks fired in my direction.

Convoluted justifications that haven't been used in this instance? So not really relevant at all, unless you just want to whinge like a child.

For the record, I think anyone who goes onto the internet posting stuff just to get a reaction is a weirdo. You're certainly not the only person, imo, guilty of this type of behavior on the internet.

I have no feeling of superiority to anyone, nor is my opinion of you being a WUM based on your politics. It's based on threads like this one and the Germany/Greece thread.
    You are certainly persistent, and indeed consistent, as in 'weirdo', and 'whinge like a child' and 'posting stuff just to get a reaction' and 'you being a WUM'.
    I did suggest you ignore my posts, but for whatever reason you seem unable to. I also repeat, the mini-list of quotes I have written above, is to my mind you making a judgement about me, and though you feel able to judge me, you also rather hypocritically state 'I have no feeling of superiority to anyone'.
    May I suggest you re-visit that? You judge me, yet that does not reveal that you feel superior to me in order to do so? I don't think so.
    As for the Germany/Greece thread, I can only think you have mistaken me for somebody else, because my sole contribution in that direction is to try to pin point whether a negative balance of payments for a country is an issue. Perhaps you could quote me chapter and verse from the Germany/Greece thread that reveals me as a wind up merchant there.
    Please don't be concerned if you don't wish to respond, because if we politely ignore each-other then it might well be for the best, although I admit that when you continue to make snide personal attacks against me, then I will respond.
  • sam3110 said:

Question for you guys, my girlfriend is going to be in a wheelchair for the next month or so, what's the best way to go about tickets, do you need a blue badge to buy wheelchair spaces? And I'm guessing there will be something we can do to arrange it for our season tickets for the first games of the season. I don't know if I should contact the disability co ordinator or the main ticket team

Either should be able to help you.</blockquote

They were very helpful when I was on crutches - moved seat
  • edited July 2015
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

When was this said?

You are certainly persistent, and indeed consistent, as in 'weirdo', and 'whinge like a child' and 'posting stuff just to get a reaction' and 'you being a WUM'.
    I did suggest you ignore my posts, but for whatever reason you seem unable to. I also repeat, the mini-list of quotes I have written above, is to my mind you making a judgement about me, and though you feel able to judge me, you also rather hypocritically state 'I have no feeling of superiority to anyone'.
    May I suggest you re-visit that? You judge me, yet that does not reveal that you feel superior to me in order to do so? I don't think so.
    As for the Germany/Greece thread, I can only think you have mistaken me for somebody else, because my sole contribution in that direction is to try to pin point whether a negative balance of payments for a country is an issue. Perhaps you could quote me chapter and verse from the Germany/Greece thread that reveals me as a wind up merchant there.
    Please don't be concerned if you don't wish to respond, because if we politely ignore each-other then it might well be for the best, although I admit that when you continue to make snide personal attacks against me, then I will respond.
    As an aside, I don't think judging someone, necessarily, makes that person feel superior.

I can judge Stephen Hawking, as a wonderfully intelligent man. But I certainly don't feel superior to him.

In fact quite the opposite. He is obviously superior to me. #justsaying.
  • I have just looked at it. Seems simple to me. You have obviously not booked for Greenwich Picturehouse which is hell
  • So the sensible suggestion at this time is, if you would like to purchase tickets, make sure only one payment is taken, your CON details are given over, (Yourself and other people you are purchasing for) would be to take a trip to SE7.

Until the teething problems have been rectified of course.
  • shirty5 said:

So the sensible suggestion at this time is, if you would like to purchase tickets, make sure only one payment is taken, your CON details are given over, (Yourself and other people you are purchasing for) would be to take a trip to SE7.

Until the teething problems have been rectified of course.

I think CON numbers have been scrapped, but it's not something that's been shared.