Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

new ticket site

Comments

• I will add to my moaning, tickets arrived today. Although postage has gone up from £1 to £2, they were sent 2nd class instead of 1st, as all others have been. Also whoever should have sealed the envelope only managed to tear off a small corner of tape, meaning envelope was almost totally unsealed. Our five tickets plus five Millennium passes could have all fallen out en route. Not impressed!
  • CAFC site shows Derby tickets as being on sale but gives no Valley Away information and the link provided doesn't work; no one at CAFC seems bothered to reply to emails (including Mandy Anderson-Myers) and I'm bu**ered if I am going to ring them when they cannot get their online communication functioning properly! Rant over!!

• seth plum said:

All of you moaners, don't you realise we're building a better tomorrow together?

Indeed we all need to pull together on this. Even those part of the extended Charlton family.
  • A minor thing I know, but I lost a glove at the stadium last season, so emailed the general email address but got no reply. Tried again the following week but still didn't get a reply. Perhaps I should have followed it up with a phone call but didn't bother.

However I do regularly email Ravi, who is in charge of hospitality and he always replies very promptly.
  • Issues with the new site still not sorted. I even asked to speak to the technical team direct, so that I can list all of the faults, in order to help them, but nothing. They're now not even reply to tweets. So a real total breakdown in comms.
  • edited July 2015
    Simon E said:

Issues with the new site still not sorted. I even asked to speak to the technical team direct, so that I can list all of the faults, in order to help them, but nothing. They're now not even reply to tweets. So a real total breakdown in comms.

Amateur hour. Has Katrien got a summer holidays work experience 12 year old in charge of comms and ticketing at the moment? You'd think they'd be putting out updates by now or at least have taken the ticket site off-line.
  • Seems like it's going to be hassle buying tickets...on-line or over the phone, I'll stick to my usual way...buying tickets on the day of the game at the ground (unless my mate goes who lives in Lewisham and pops down there after work).
  • cafcfan said:

Simon E said:

Issues with the new site still not sorted. I even asked to speak to the technical team direct, so that I can list all of the faults, in order to help them, but nothing. They're now not even reply to tweets. So a real total breakdown in comms.

Amateur hour. Has Katrien got a summer holidays work experience 12 year old in charge of comms and ticketing at the moment? You'd think they'd be putting out updates by now or at least have taken the ticket site off-line.
    Waiting for her to come back and tell them what to do, I would guess.
  • Replying to email is a ral bugbear of the modern age in my view, ignoring them seems to be all too easy, although sometimes I think spam protecting is a bit to blame.

Speaking to at tutor at uni the other day she revealed that hotmail and gmail all end up in her junk mail

anyway if you know how you can usualy add a read or delivey receipt to messages
  • Sponsored links:

• Question for you guys, my girlfriend is going to be in a wheelchair for the next month or so, what's the best way to go about tickets, do you need a blue badge to buy wheelchair spaces? And I'm guessing there will be something we can do to arrange it for our season tickets for the first games of the season. I don't know if I should contact the disability co ordinator or the main ticket team
  • sam3110 said:

Question for you guys, my girlfriend is going to be in a wheelchair for the next month or so, what's the best way to go about tickets, do you need a blue badge to buy wheelchair spaces? And I'm guessing there will be something we can do to arrange it for our season tickets for the first games of the season. I don't know if I should contact the disability co ordinator or the main ticket team

Either should be able to help you.
  • sam3110 said:

Question for you guys, my girlfriend is going to be in a wheelchair for the next month or so, what's the best way to go about tickets, do you need a blue badge to buy wheelchair spaces? And I'm guessing there will be something we can do to arrange it for our season tickets for the first games of the season. I don't know if I should contact the disability co ordinator or the main ticket team

Had similar to you when my wife needed a wheelchair for the last 4-5 months of pregnancy five years ago (couldn't walk much further than 20 yards).

We arranged with Club for a pass to access down Floyd Rd so she could be dropped off by the turnstiles. Then same again for after (though you natuarally have to wait until all crowd have gone). Good luck.
  • MrsAfka - ' I am starting to struggle with the twins. Gonna stop going Charlton for a while'

MrAfka ' If I have to go, then so do you. You are not getting out of it, I will arrange access down Floyd Road if need be'
  • OS now says additional matches have been added to the ticketing site.

So, I thought, what the hell, I'll book some Derby away tickets. Got a long way through the process (including getting a password reminder - I hadn't forgotten it - they had just changed it) only to get to the "select valid delivery method page" where the only option was "collection".

No I'm not driving from Essex to SE7 just to pick up tickets - where's the "mail" option for heaven's sake??

BTW, the log on now seems to be your email address rather than your CON number.
  • And it still won't let you buy without linking tickets to members!! Just tried with Derby tickets. Same problem.

This booking site simply isn't fit for purpose!
  • I'M SHOUTING THAT I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE 2 POSTS.

I'VE SPENT THE LAST 1 HOUR, SINCE CAFC FAN POSTED, TRYING TO BUY DERBY TICKETS.

IF YOU WANT TO GO BY YOURSELF, YOU CAN.

BUT IF YOU WANT TO BUY FOR SOMEONE ELSE, YOU HAVE TO LINK TO THEM.

THERE IS NO OBVIOUS FACILITY, TO ENTER, THAT THEY TOO ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER.

SO YOU PUT IN ALL THEIR DETAILS AND THEN IT SAYS THEY ARE ALREADY ON THE SYSTEM.

BUT YOU CAN'T PROCEED. REALLY IS AMATEUR HOUR.

SORT IT OUT CHARLTON PLEASE. THIS REALLY IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH !

WE'VE GONE FROM NOT BEING ABLE TO BUY PROGRAMMES, TO NOT BEING ABLE TO BUY TICKETS.

Now maybe you'll believe me !!!!!

• I've forwarded a link to this page to the people involved. Fingers crossed, it should get sorted soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've forwarded a link to this page to the people involved. Fingers crossed, it should get sorted soon.

Thanks Olly. I forwarded a link of this page, last week, to Mandy. Obviously didn't work.
  • edited July 2015

I'M SHOUTING THAT I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE 2 POSTS.

I'VE SPENT THE LAST 1 HOUR, SINCE CAFC FAN POSTED, TRYING TO BUY DERBY TICKETS.

IF YOU WANT TO GO BY YOURSELF, YOU CAN.

BUT IF YOU WANT TO BUY FOR SOMEONE ELSE, YOU HAVE TO LINK TO THEM.

THERE IS NO OBVIOUS FACILITY, TO ENTER, THAT THEY TOO ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER.

SO YOU PUT IN ALL THEIR DETAILS AND THEN IT SAYS THEY ARE ALREADY ON THE SYSTEM.

BUT YOU CAN'T PROCEED. REALLY IS AMATEUR HOUR.

SORT IT OUT CHARLTON PLEASE. THIS REALLY IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH !

WE'VE GONE FROM NOT BEING ABLE TO BUY PROGRAMMES, TO NOT BEING ABLE TO BUY TICKETS.

Now maybe you'll believe me !!!!!

I did believe you. That's why I e mailed Mandy on the 16th and attached a link to this thread.
  • I tried to book 2 seats in Zone 2 Block E of the East stand for thr QPR match. I ended up with a choice of zones ESD or ESE - so where are these zones, just a load of little squares but no explaination of where it was within E.
    I have emailed the ticket office and await a reply
  • I tried to quickly see how much the qpr tickets are today for where I want to sit and couldn't find a map showing where the zones were to explain what prices were for what part of the ground.
  • A minor thing I know, but I lost a glove at the stadium last season, so emailed the general email address but got no reply. Tried again the following week but still didn't get a reply. Perhaps I should have followed it up with a phone call but didn't bother.

However I do regularly email Ravi, who is in charge of hospitality and he always replies very promptly.

Ravi was good when I wanted to know how to dedicate a half time message once. Failing that Id try the blonde lady in bartrams as she runs that place single handed so can probably sort ticket issues as well!
  • drewman said:

A minor thing I know, but I lost a glove at the stadium last season, so emailed the general email address but got no reply. Tried again the following week but still didn't get a reply. Perhaps I should have followed it up with a phone call but didn't bother.

Ravi was good when I wanted to know how to dedicate a half time message once. Failing that Id try the blonde lady in bartrams as she runs that place single handed so can probably sort ticket issues as well!
    She's a star
  • Olly said elsewhere:

'The ticketing site is run by Green 4, so we rely on them to ensure any errors are rectified.'

Now I suspect that Green 4 might well be run by geek idiots who use the word 'ought' and 'should' a lot.

I can see their looks of incredulity, and hear their tones of distain as they say 'it ought to work, you should know this or that thing', and bounce the blame to either the club, or eventually the fan who ought to be able to decipher the original algorithm of Java and understand 'A Brief History of Time', 'obviously, duh sheesh'.

This is their site:

http://www.green4solutions.com/

...and they tell Charlton Athletic 'Understand your customers, grow loyalty and maximise revenues.'

they also say this:

'We understand the unique challenges faced in sport

Green 4 understands the complexities and unique nature of sport compared to other industries. In fact, that's the very reason Green 4 first started as a business.

The various touchpoints and accompanying systems in sports are often far too fragmented. Our Go solution gives you a single platform to ensure that your systems are talking to each other.

The transactional functions, from ticketing and merchandise, to F&B and Corporate Sales, feed the exceptional CRM and Customer Loyalty platform, allowing you to maximise the use of your powerful data.'

Do they to buggery?

My advice to myself is to never ever ever touch Green 4 with a bargepole even as long as Simon Makienok's, they are seemingly not fit for purpose, the system has been initiated with no apparent testing or no adequate training...but I bet they have already banked Roland's cheque.

As you probably know, I did my best to get this to Mandy's attention for some discussion/resolution 7 days ago but to no avail.

I think AB sums up the feeling of most of us on here and I fear that this issue will only serve to widen the gap between fans & Club if not handled correctly and satisfactorily from hereon in.

• http://www.green4solutions.com/contact/

That's their contact thingy, head it off at the pass.