Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Christophe Lepoint Sold (Undisclosed of course)

Comments

• decisive management, when things were going tits up.. they don't always work out of course
  • Alan Davies, away at Shrewsbury was the worst debut ever! Subbed off at h/t...
  • David Petrucci was pretty sh*t too! Remember Tom Adeyemi waltzing past him when we lost 2-0 to Brum at home last year, one of the slowest players I've seen in a Charlton shirt in recent times
  • Addickted said:

I'm not quite sure whether I'm still in shock for this guy having one of the worst debuts I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt,

Not even in the same league as Eggert Jónsson's debut.

That was truly awful.
    Agreed, it was pretty bad, the fact that the stand wolves put us I was half a mile up in the sky I was too busy attending to my sons nosebleed to notice!
    I thought the egg-man's appearance was at Burnley or Barnsley (some god-forsaken northern outpost beginning with B anyway where a relatively small number of us had a huge stand behind the goal to ourselves) but not Wolves.

If I'm wrong, who was the clown I'm thinking of?
  • David Petrucci was pretty sh*t too! Remember Tom Adeyemi waltzing past him when we lost 2-0 to Brum at home last year, one of the slowest players I've seen in a Charlton shirt in recent times

I'm not sure on Petrucci. I think there's more to him than we saw. Didn't get a proper chance.
  • Tom Hovi was pretty grim as well, though there was also home grown rubbish like Paul Bacon...
  • I thought he was only on loan to us. Obviously not. Still a little bit of cash for him won't go a miss.
  • Throw enough shit at a wall that some will stick seems to be this regimes tactics. The few gems, ala TW etc., don't make me forget the sheer utter recruitment otherwise as a whole. You NEED some form of hit-rate in terms of quality, this network doesn't provide that, especially when you are experimenting with unfit players and the likes.

Consistency is key, Liverpools fall from grace is mostly part to some poor recruitment, one or two gems within it - Suarez; but utterly poor as a whole.

P.s. Thanks for everything Lepoint. Unforgettable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Throw enough shit at a wall that some will stick seems to be this regimes tactics. The few gems, ala TW etc., don't make me forget the sheer utter recruitment otherwise as a whole. You NEED some form of hit-rate in terms of quality, this network doesn't provide that, especially when you are experimenting with unfit players and the likes.

Consistency is key, Liverpools fall from grace is mostly part to some poor recruitment, one or two gems within it - Suarez; but utterly poor as a whole.

P.s. Thanks for everything Lepoint. Unforgettable.

Agreed. Even if the sympathisers argue that the success rate isn't that bad, the bad ones have been absolutely horrendous.
  • Players like Lepoint and Petrucci hardly played. The real poor ones in my mind are players like Brendan O'Connell who kept it going week in, week out for a whole season!
  • Addickted said:

I'm not quite sure whether I'm still in shock for this guy having one of the worst debuts I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt,

Not even in the same league as Eggert Jónsson's debut.

That was truly awful.
    Burnley away?
  • Simonsen said:

Players like Lepoint and Petrucci hardly played. The real poor ones in my mind are players like Brendan O'Connell who kept it going week in, week out for a whole season!

Scored the winner against palice at The Valley though.
  • Thats what I thought. He was useless.
  • Oggy Red said:

Don't forget that Le Point had a very promising career, capped at youth and U21, plus 2 full caps for Belgium, in which he scored on his debut.

Then he had a serious car crash, threatening to end his career completely.
    He recovered but apparently has never been the same player since.

Charlton were in freefall at the time he signed, no wins in God knows how many matches.

No doubt Le Point was signed because of his reputation in Belgium as a battling player with physical presence - and the club hoped he would bring those qualities to a lightweight team engulfed in a desperate relegation struggle..

Once we'd started the brilliant run and confidence was high - there was no place for him.

Nope. Don't believe that for a second. Too much logic in that post!
  • Oggy Red said:

Don't forget that Le Point had a very promising career, capped at youth and U21, plus 2 full caps for Belgium, in which he scored on his debut.

Charlton were in freefall at the time he signed, no wins in God knows how many matches.

No doubt Le Point was signed because of his reputation in Belgium as a battling player with physical presence - and the club hoped he would bring those qualities to a lightweight team engulfed in a desperate relegation struggle..

Once we'd started the brilliant run and confidence was high - there was no place for him.

All very true... He still ran about like a headless chicken though, almost like a 10-year old who had won a competition to play for Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

No ive played FIFA and Football Manager, and that means that all players have to be good once thoroughly scouted. Absolutely no other factors can affect how good or bad they are once they've joined a club.
  • Simonsen said:

Players like Lepoint and Petrucci hardly played. The real poor ones in my mind are players like Brendan O'Connell who kept it going week in, week out for a whole season!

Alan McCormack was horrendous as well. I still recall him jumping out of that tackle in the middle of the pitch when it was a 50/50. I seem to remember PP removing him at half time. Pawel Abbot was also horrific, apart from one 45 mins (I think against Peterborough).
  • dead wood out = squad improved
    onwards and upwards
    keep smilin'
  • dead wood out = squad improved
    onwards and upwards
    keep smilin'
  • Simonsen said:

He was the man in the hole though
  • Will be back as manager by next week
  • Simonsen said:

Scored the winner against palice at The Valley though.
    Matt Spring?

O'Connell got a couple of goals...home to Brum and away to Oldham.
  • At least with the network we can get shot of dodgy signings relatively quickly rather than being lumbered for years with a poor player. The problem is that the network appears to be very successful in finding us utter turkeys (with the odd honourable exception) in the first place.
  • At least with the network we can get shot of dodgy signings relatively quickly rather than being lumbered for years with a poor player. The problem is that the network appears to be very successful in finding us utter turkeys (with the odd honourable exception) in the first place.

It would be even better if we didn't sign dodgy players in the first place...especially when most of those dodgy players come from within the network in the first place.