Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Christophe Lepoint Sold (Undisclosed of course)

Comments

• 90% stonking great financial loss and waste of money

10% break even

0% profit

Waste of time, money and oxygen
  • We'll use the cash toget sterling
  • freak show of a club

Is that better, worse or the same as parody ?
  • Whoever scouted him needs to follow him out of Charlton.

Bit harsh on roly.
    Do people actually think he scouts players?

More likely his scouting committee picks and chooses who goes where, and he simply signs it off as long as its in the budget.
    Errrrrr in a word - no.
  • edited June 2015
    Whose decision was it to spend money on the guy? Who scouted him? It's not his fault he was shite but if we're on such a tight budget perhaps these choices should be taken a bit more seriously? We could maybe have signed an up and coming player like Wallace from Pompey for the kind of money we've lost.

There's ticks in both the good decisions and the bad decisions columns for Roland, but this has to be firmly in the bad.
  • Hope we bring someone in soon to reduce the blow of losing such a great player

I am available and have a similar skills set/hair style.
  • Addicted said:

Whose decision was it to spend money on the guy? Who scouted him? It's not his fault he was shite but if we're on such a tight budget perhaps these choices should be taken a bit more seriously? We could maybe have signed an up and coming player like Wallace from Pompey for the kind of money we've lost.

There's ticks in both the good decisions and the bad decisions columns for Roland, but this has to be firmly in the bad.

A lot of players scouted have not been either good enough or not suited to the Championship. Sooner or later the penny must drop and the system by which we scout players must change or at least the people scouting must.

• Bollocks. Only yesterday was in in the club shop getting his name and number on my shirt.

I bet the club thought that as well, only they had to buy away strips as well.

Bit harsh on roly.
    Do people actually think he scouts players?

More likely his scouting committee picks and chooses who goes where, and he simply signs it off as long as its in the budget.
    This one seems different though. The Belgian posters who told us about Lepoint said he'd never been the same since his car crash and he seemed like a player on the way down. I was expecting him to go to a Network club but it's weird that he's gone to some other team. Are the scouts so useless they didn't know that he was finished or did they just sign him to sell him? Did we make a profit? I doubt it. Nutcases.
  • Sponsored links:

• First of many bizarre deals.

Were you asleep when we signed Anil Koc...? ;) - Lepoint isnt the first, he's currently one of a few :)
  • First of many bizarre deals.

Were you asleep when we signed Anil Koc...? ;) - Lepoint isnt the first, he's currently one of a few :)
    Not to mention Polish Pete, Tucudean, Thuram, Nego...
  • Wonder if he'll come on CharltonLife and thank the fans for the love and affection he received in his short period at the club
  • Uboat said:

Damn. Looks like I need a new picture.

No, keep it. It will increase in value over time.
  • Simonsen said:

Uboat said:

Damn. Looks like I need a new picture.

No, keep it. It will increase in value over time.
    plus in years to come people will wonder who he was.....actually many are probably wondering that now.
  • dizzee said:

We'll use the cash toget sterling

I think a smarter move would be using it to buy US dollars.
  • dizzee said:

We'll use the cash to get sterling

Well the Pound/Euro rate is currently 1.39282, so that would be about £21.53 we'll be getting in sterling.

(Less the £25 transaction fee of course....)
  • edited June 2015
    What a waste of a tatoo... Couldn't wank for six weeks after that!

RD out!!
  • Bye bye Nosferatu.

• Sponsored links:

• edited June 2015
    Reza
    Tucadean
    Koc
    Polish Pete
    Thurum
    Lepoint

Charlton's version of Rogue Traders with Matt Allwright, where they came, they put a shirt on, they run around a bit and then they left after someone finally twigged, that there was a better standard of player over Hackney Marshes.

What a six a side team since January 2014.

• shirty5 said:

Reza
    Tucadean
    Koc
    Polish Pete
    Thurum
    Lepoint

Charlton's version of Rogue Traders with Matt Allwright, where they came, they put a shirt on, they run around a bit and then they left after someone finally twigged, that there was a better standard of player over Hackney Marshes.

You missed out Nego
  • shirty5 said:

Reza
    Tucadean
    Koc
    Polish Pete
    Thurum
    Lepoint

You missed out Nego
    Thanks, just shows how easily forgotten they are.
  • I hope there is a proper sell-on clause in this transfer.... but we won't be told anyway.
  • Weirdest transfer in our history?
  • Valley11 said:

Weirdest transfer in our history?

If Diarra hadn't been signed at the time (can't remember who came first) then Lepoint was needed as cover for the injured Jackson. But with Bulot returning to form, meaning Cousins could be played in the middle and Diarra signing, then Lepoint wasn't needed.

I don't think he's a bad player and suspect he'll do fine at Zulte Waregem.

Bit harsh on roly.
    Not when he does it from the comfort of his office - without actually seeing the player in the flesh. Youtube has its uses but this isn't one of them.
  • Valley11 said:

Weirdest transfer in our history?

Maybe last season but we've definitely made stranger transfers. Mikel Alonso screams to me as the most strange

Bit harsh on roly.
    Not when he does it from the comfort of his office - without actually seeing the player in the flesh. Youtube has its uses but this isn't one of them.
    Try telling that to Alan Pardew.