Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Christophe Lepoint Sold (Undisclosed of course)

Comments

• I'm looking for a positive here. I presume lessons will have been learned.

Did I hear someone looking for a positive?
    He only beat me too it ! :-)

• I'd imagine quite disheartening for the chap. But good riddance.
  • I heard Liverpool were interested.
  • shame.

youth system product who looked destined for great things until those photos of him on holiday in Sheppey materialised.
  • who knows, with 2 years to run on his contract we may have turned a profit on him
  • Cant say if he was even that shit as we saw so little of him.

I remember a few Belgians joined the forum and said he would suit the style of the league and be a good addition, although they could have been the same ones that think Luzon is a clown and crap coach.

Funny old game.
  • I'm looking for a positive here. I presume lessons will have been learned.

Let's hope so. Always seem a strange signing, 30 and never played over here. A slow CM known for effort over his ability on the ball wasn't anything like the player we needed at the time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just when it looked like we was getting some decent atmosphere in the West Stand
  • He'll be the answer to a quiz question in a few years...

Along with Pouso and Alonso.
  • freak show of a club
  • Bugger, Ive already voted for him as my POTY
  • Personally I thin he was right to be moved on. If Cousins goes one can only assume (hope) we are going to transform the make up of the team entirely over the summer.

Henderson
    Pope
    Dmitrovic

Solly
    Fox

Diarra
    JBG
    Jackson
    Moussa

Watt
    Vetokele

This is taking into account the players that are rumoured to be transfer targets or being moved on

Add to that the youth players that might come in, but that is what our first team squad looks like at the moment. I don't think RD would be as Kamikaze as to send us into the new season with just this. Whether the replacements are any good is another question entirely

Personally I see this cleanse as a good thing. We only have X amount of players capable of challenging for promotion, we need to clear the decks
  • Whoever scouted him needs to follow him out of Charlton.

Bit harsh on roly.
  • Jesus forgot that Franck Moussa existed until I saw that squad list
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2015

I genuinely have no idea what goes on with this club half the time. What was the process here? Who scouted him? Who decided we needed him? Was he ever here to be part of the squad or was it just a halfway house? I don't think there can possibly be another English club around that signs players just to then never play them or immediately move them on, no doubt at a financial loss. Anil Koc, Polish Pete, Lepoint, Reza, Nego, just random players who get dropped in and either are immediately found not to be good enough or barely even get a run out on the pitch. It's insane. I'd love to hear Katrien or someone explain what the thinking is behind some of these transfers

Thanks Garry, you saved me posting exactly the same. Another joke of a transfer.

I can't get too annoyed, as it's mid June & the season hasn't started.

But, if we're struggling near the relegation zone, then I readily admit, these amateurish decisions, will start to cause me pain.

But are they amateurish ? They seem nearly as bonkers as FIFA & the Qatar World Cup etc.

I hope to God, we're just being run by a bunch of fools and nothing more sinister.

There's certainly a lot of money moving via CAFC, for no apparent reasoning.

If this carries on we'll have The Feds on our case :smile:
  • Whoever scouted him needs to follow him out of Charlton.

Bit harsh on roly.
    Do people actually think he scouts players?

More likely his scouting committee picks and chooses who goes where, and he simply signs it off as long as its in the budget.
  • Goodnight sweet prince
  • cabbles said:

Personally I thin he was right to be moved on. If Cousins goes one can only assume (hope) we are going to transform the make up of the team entirely over the summer.

Henderson
    Pope
    Dmitrovic

Solly
    Fox

Diarra
    JBG
    Jackson
    Moussa

Watt
    Vetokele

This is taking into account the players that are rumoured to be transfer targets or being moved on

Add to that the youth players that might come in, but that is what our first team squad looks like at the moment. I don't think RD would be as Kamikaze as to send us into the new season with just this. Whether the replacements are any good is another question entirely

Personally I see this cleanse as a good thing. We only have X amount of players capable of challenging for promotion, we need to clear the decks

Henderson - injury prone
    Pope - about to be loaned out / sold
    Dmitrovic - suspect

Solly - injury prone / can't play back-to-back

JBG - likely to be sold
    Jackson - not really up to it anymore and is picking more and more injuries
    Moussa - is he still alive?
  • Gutted we will never see his full potential.

Where have you been Killer?
    How many have posted on CL -

What is Lepoint? :wink:
  • First of many bizarre deals.
  • Hope we bring someone in soon to reduce the blow of losing such a great player
  • cabbles said:

Personally I thin he was right to be moved on. If Cousins goes one can only assume (hope) we are going to transform the make up of the team entirely over the summer.

Henderson
    Pope
    Dmitrovic

Solly
    Fox

Diarra
    JBG
    Jackson
    Moussa

Watt
    Vetokele

Henderson - injury prone
    Pope - about to be loaned out / sold
    Dmitrovic - suspect

Solly - injury prone / can't play back-to-back

JBG - likely to be sold
    Jackson - not really up to it anymore and is picking more and more injuries
    Moussa - is he still alive?
    Which is why I reckon we will see numerous new arrivals. As above though, based on since when RD took over, whether they cut it or not is the issue.

Personally I've listed the flops and the ones I think are good below

Flops

Thuram
    Nego
    PP
    Reza
    LePoint
    Koc

Good

Buyens
    Bulot
    TBH
    Bikey
    Watt
    Vetokele
    JBG
    Henderson

I can't really call Johnson/Eagles etc as they were short term fixes. This is open to interpretation, but it goes to show it really is 50/50 with what comes in. As mentioned, I'm pleased we're having a clear out, but tentative about what is on the horizon