Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Christophe Lepoint Sold (Undisclosed of course)

Comments

• edited June 2015

First of many bizarre deals.

Were you asleep when we signed Anil Koc...? ;) - Lepoint isnt the first, he's currently one of a few :)
    Not to mention Polish Pete, Tucudean, Thuram, Nego...
    Some of the finest players to be on the clubs books. I for one am proud that players of that calibre have worn the badge.
  • Clearly, the club reached le point of no return with him.
  • Sorry... Gonna have to delay my visit to the Charlton Museum now, seeing Christophe Lepoint there as our first legend in wax-work form was the only reason I wanted to go
  • We didn't waste money on Koç or Thiram. They were both loans. Can't imagine we paid much for Lepoint... Can't imagine we sold him for much either. No big loss.

Thanks for coming.
  • cafc4life said:

Strange scenes All round really. I know it's still only early but as each day' goes on and talk of more players leaving with no incomings can't help but feel we will struggle big time this year

Too much of that Spanish air young man.
  • Still to get rid of Reza, George (I know he is on loan, but he is not coming back), Polish Pete
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not quite sure whether I'm still in shock for this guy having one of the worst debuts I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt, literally looked like he'd been pulled out of a Sunday league Pub team, or am shocked that he's barely had time to unload his suitcase.

Whatever the case may be.... What a crap transfer this has turned out to be.

Whoever brought this guy in needs getting shot of.
  • Some times it doesn't work out for players but he's done no worse than, dean Sinclair , Bally smart, Stewart fleetwood ect but people just like to moan a bit more because of Roland. I'm sure people forget the crap we had under parkinson and Pardew.
  • This proves how good the network is.

When Karel Fraeye makes yet another mistake and foists yet another player unsuitable for the championship on whichever head coach we can sell or loan them to another network club.

Only it's not a network club.

We bought in haste and sold at a loss, wasting money and the opportunity to buy or loan someone decent.

But fear not Karel Fraeye is still advising Roland and he'll carry on getting us more bargains like this with the Gomez money.

You're banging that drum a bit hard, Henry.
    Yep, maybe Karel or Roland will hear it on Belgium

• We bought in haste and sold at a loss, wasting money and the opportunity to buy or loan someone decent.

Did we?

Have we?

"Decent" is a bit vague isn't it?

• Thought we got him on a free? Assume we have most likely now released him so probably the cost to us was wages and I should think he was comparatively cheap. Gave us some cover when we all thought we needed it. Fortunately our injury position improved and he was never needed. Hope it means we have opened up a squad place for someone better rather than another filler or young gun.
  • Addickted said:

We bought in haste and sold at a loss, wasting money and the opportunity to buy or loan someone decent.

Did we?

Have we?

yes

yes

better that Le Point is vague I agree as it covers such a huge number of players
  • I'm not quite sure whether I'm still in shock for this guy having one of the worst debuts I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt,

Not even in the same league as Eggert Jónsson's debut.

That was truly awful.
  • edited June 2015

Addickted said:

Did we?

Have we?

yes

yes

better that Le Point is vague I agree as it covers such a huge number of players
    Evidence for both 'Yes'
  • Addickted said:

Did we?

Have we?

yes

yes

Evidence for both 'Yes'
    'Yes' is good enough for me.

Takes a few attempts to learn lessons does our Chairman. What he really needs is some local knowledge and experience.

What's Mr Murray up to these days?

• Sponsored links:

When Karel Fraeye makes yet another mistake and foists yet another player unsuitable for the championship on whichever head coach we can sell or loan them to another network club.

But fear not Karel Fraeye is still advising Roland and he'll carry on getting us more bargains like this with the Gomez money.

Yep, maybe Karel or Roland will hear it on Belgium
    It's Katrien's job to tell them, isn't it?

Henners is quite evidently feelin a little fraeyed around the edges
  • edited June 2015

Thought we got him on a free? Assume we have most likely now released him so probably the cost to us was wages and I should think he was comparatively cheap. Gave us some cover when we all thought we needed it. Fortunately our injury position improved and he was never needed. Hope it means we have opened up a squad place for someone better rather than another filler or young gun.

I don't think so, but if we did it would be odd to give someone of his age - and history - a two and a half year contract in that situation.
  • I thought we paid over £1M for him, although I've no idea why I think that.
  • Never again can we make a double substitution and say Watts LePoint.
  • Addickted said:

I'm not quite sure whether I'm still in shock for this guy having one of the worst debuts I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt,

That was truly awful.
    Agreed, it was pretty bad, the fact that the stand wolves put us I was half a mile up in the sky I was too busy attending to my sons nosebleed to notice!
  • Addickted said:

I'm not quite sure whether I'm still in shock for this guy having one of the worst debuts I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt,

That was truly awful.
    Agreed, it was pretty bad, the fact that the stand wolves put us I was half a mile up in the sky I was too busy attending to my sons nosebleed to notice!
    Pouso?
  • Alonso v Brentford in the league cup or JPT.

Now that was woeful

I had tried to forget that performance.
  • Alonso v Brentford in the league cup or JPT.

Now that was woeful

True. He was even worse than Lepoint if that's possible.