Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jack Grealish

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    I like him as a player, but he should have got a far harsher punishment. Mind you, everybody loves Ant and Dec so Ant can be forgiven for potentially killing somebody. 
    Not defending him, bit how did Ant 'potentially kill' anyone?

I think he means that by driving a car absolutely shit faced in the morning can potentially kill someone.
    Yes, agreed. But he didn't potentially kill someone.
    Interesting isn't it.

I wonder if people have the same view that anyone driving over the prescribed speed limit is "potentially killing someone"? 
    I think there is a difference between driving when over the alcohol limit and driving over the speed limit.

It's a proven fact that excess alcohol impairs judgment, which is why we have laws which make this illegal.  The potential damage this causes to other people is considered high enough to warrant severe penalties if you're caught under the influence.  I doubt many of us will disagree with that - although it's clear there are differing opinions about whether or not the sentence imposed is harsh enough.

Speed limits are different because they are set at the maximum permitted for a particular road, up to the national speed limit of 70mph.  That doesn't mean the road is safe at 70mph if you're driving in the middle of a torrential downpour, it's icy or there's heavy snow.  If you caused an accident or were observed driving at a speed which is deemed to be too fast for the conditions, then you're likely to get a careless driving, driving without due care and attention or dangerous driving charge against you.  Equally, if you're on an empty stretch of motorway where the surface conditions are excellent and you're doing 100mph, that may be relatively low risk - although the faster you are driving the more catastrophic the results will be if something fails (eg blowout).

I think it's probably a fair shout to say that anyone driving a car is "potentially killing someone".  What matters is how we mitigate the risk by driving carefully and considerately.  Important to note that Grealish was driving like a dick even if he hasn't been proved to break the drink-drive and road speed laws.

It was reported he exchanged details and cleared off. This seems wrong for a multiple car accident. 
    Totally get that it seems wrong, but if the police felt that there was a case to answer that would likely have been added to the charges he's faced. 
  • Options
    In terms of goals and assists, he wasn't involved much this season.

They paid £100million for a player who's not really contributed a lot. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    In terms of goals and assists, he wasn't involved much this season.

They paid £100million for a player who's not really contributed a lot. 
    He will in seasons to come, also it stopped other clubs buying him.
  • Options
    Don't think they necessarily valued him at £100m, but it was the release clause, Villa didn't play ball, and they have the money.

I think he'll do well next year, players like Bernardo Silva and Mahrez took a little time to settle properly at City then looked class.
  • Options
    Don't think they necessarily valued him at £100m, but it was the release clause, Villa didn't play ball, and they have the money.

I think he'll do well next year, players like Bernardo Silva and Mahrez took a little time to settle properly at City then looked class.

I hope so. 

In the run up to the world cup, we don't want him to be a squad player
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I hope so. 

In the run up to the world cup, we don't want him to be a squad player
    Think it will probably affect England either way as they’ve got Sterling (can definitely see him leaving admittedly) and Foden too. Personally I’d get rid of Mahrez if I was them. 
  • Options
    Not too concerned - I think he will become a stronger player for them as time goes on. Lot of people want to see him fail, it seems. 

Guess that comes with the territory of being England’s most recent golden boy though.
  • Options
    First year at a club with a pretty settled side. Jesus is leaving, Sterling might as well. He’ll be fine, quality player. 
  • Options
    Imagine what his assist count might look like if he’s supplying the bullets to Haaland on a regular basis next season.

That might put a few doubters back in their place.
  • Options
    Think Sterling will end up signing a new contract and staying - Jesus may be leaving, and Mahrez is getting on a bit now for a winger.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haaland is the game changer - he is essentially football's cheat code right now. Reminds me of Van Nistelrooy or Berbatov in his pomp. Grealish/Stirling get 20 plus assists next year regardless
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Haaland is the game changer - he is essentially football's cheat code right now. Reminds me of Van Nistelrooy or Berbatov in his pomp. Grealish/Stirling get 20 plus assists next year regardless
    How you putting Berbatov in there? Great player but doesn’t deserve that level of acclaim 

The man getting the assists will be De Bruyne
  • Options
    How you putting Berbatov in there? Great player but doesn’t deserve that level of acclaim 

This is a whole different debate, probably for another thread, but the way Berbatov could finish off an opportunity in his pomp (which is what I said) was off the scale. As i said, him and Ruud were the best finishers i've ever seen live. I haven't actually seen Haaland live so maybe i'm wrong- just the sense I get -but i ain't arm-chairing things about the other two.
  • Options
    Sterling/Mahrez and many others have taken a year under Pep before really kicking on, think Grealish will be fine and probably do the same.
  • Options

This is a whole different debate, probably for another thread, but the way Berbatov could finish off an opportunity in his pomp (which is what I said) was off the scale. As i said, him and Ruud were the best finishers i've ever seen live. I haven't actually seen Haaland live so maybe i'm wrong- just the sense I get -but i ain't arm-chairing things about the other two.
    Sorry just disagree. Berbatov was a good player but only scored over 15 Premier League goals once in 8 attempts. Not sure that makes his finishing "off the scale". Like I said undoubtedly a great player but wasn't as good as Rooney. 
  • Options
    Sterling/Mahrez and many others have taken a year under Pep before really kicking on, think Grealish will be fine and probably do the same.
    Rodri too, thinking about it.

Was good but not amazing that first season, and he's absolutely quality now.

Think it takes a bit of time to get used to such an intense way of playing.
  • Options
    Was interesting to hear him say how at times he wishes he'd been more attacking but was so fearful of giving the ball away (which Pep hates) he often takes a safety first approach.

I definitely think we'll see him kick on next season and do better.
  • Options
    I like him.

Always talks well - not seen the interview from weekend but seems to have matured from the silliness that got him in the papers for the wrong reasons when younger.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like Grealish, but am unconvinced whether (a) he was what they needed and (b) whether he actually suits playing there, especially when City have KDB running the midfield

Sterling offer something different, more pace and goals than Grealish
  • Options
    He's a good lad,  at the euro finals he saw me and my boys with our Charlton flag and immediately went to SCP and pointed us out to him and SCP give us a wave and pointed out the other Charlton flags around the ground .
    He didn't have to do that it was an hour or two before the final started but he knew it would be a nice thing to do , he gets the game 
    Absolute class.
  • Options

Sorry just disagree. Berbatov was a good player but only scored over 15 Premier League goals once in 8 attempts. Not sure that makes his finishing "off the scale". Like I said undoubtedly a great player but wasn't as good as Rooney. 
    He was a great finihser, he just generally couldn't be arsed to run to get into scoring positoins
  • Options
    Manchester City team is that good it changes every season, except the core of 3 or players. For example, John Stones was one of their best players last season and barely kicked a ball last year. Sterling was invisible in early 2021. Same about Silva etc. 
  • Options
    I think looking purely at his goals and assists doesn't tell the full story. When you watch City he's always involved. Driving forward, being tricky, keeping possession in tight areas, winning free kicks, being a general menace to defenders. He's always involved in their goals, it's usually the pass one or two before the assist though. Quality player.
  • Options
    He's a good lad,  at the euro finals he saw me and my boys with our Charlton flag and immediately went to SCP and pointed us out to him and SCP give us a wave and pointed out the other Charlton flags around the ground .
    He didn't have to do that it was an hour or two before the final started but he knew it would be a nice thing to do , he gets the game 

👌👌