Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jack Grealish

Comments

• Options
    Who the hell is Bugzy Malone when he (if he ever did) is at home.
    Fought a turf war with Fat Sam and Dandy Dan

There were rivers of custard

Who is fat sam and dandy dan....are they others that sing poems to a computerised beat like that stormzy fella, and call themselves artists.
  • Options

Who is fat sam and dandy dan....are they others that sing poems to a computerised beat like that stormzy fella, and call themselves artists.
    Are you joking? They are characters in a classic film. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    iainment said:
    Oh no a young man does something stupid!!

What is the world coming to?

Hang him. 😇
    Mate, if it’s drink driving it’s beyond inexcusable.
    There’s so much worse than that. Get a grip on yourself and find something really important to get worked up about.
    This is one of the weirdest comments I’ve ever seen on Charlton Life.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

No had no idea.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

No had no idea.
    Check it out, life changing stuff

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugsy_Malone
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    iainment said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    iainment said:

Hang him. 😇
    There’s so much worse than that. Get a grip on yourself and find something really important to get worked up about.
    It's not weird 
    Worse things things to get worked up about??
    Realy What than driving while under the 'influence ' killing or injuring innocent people then often fleeing the scene
    Yeah I see no reason to get worked up about this at all
    But I bet of if one of your family or close friends was the innocent victim you might view it differently 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    iainment said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    iainment said:

Hang him. 😇
    It's not weird 
    Worse things things to get worked up about??
    Realy What than driving while under the 'influence ' killing or injuring innocent people then often fleeing the scene
    Yeah I see no reason to get worked up about this at all
    But I bet of if one of your family or close friends was the innocent victim you might view it differently 
    Plus the timing when we're meant to be in lockdown. 
  • Options
    I think what @iainment was getting at albeit clumsily, was that everyone is going overboard because it’s Jack Grealish. Yes he’s a twat for drink driving especially during lockdown but he didn’t kill/injure anyone thankfully. He’ll be punished and rightly so
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I think what @iainment was getting at albeit clumsily, was that everyone is going overboard because it’s Jack Grealish. Yes he’s a twat for drink driving especially during lockdown but he didn’t kill/injure anyone thankfully. He’ll be punished and rightly so
    People are going overboard because A&E's don't need extra bods coming in at the moment whether it was him or the victims of his drink driving.
    there weren't any victims ..... luckily

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    People are going overboard because A&E's don't need extra bods coming in at the moment whether it was him or the victims of his drink driving.

Exactly, he was lucky. 

Don't think Iainment was getting at that all personally. he was specifically defending drink driving by saying "there's so much worse than that". Which in itself is a stupid post. 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:

Exactly, he was lucky. 

Don't think Iainment was getting at that all personally. he was specifically defending drink driving by saying "there's so much worse than that". Which in itself is a stupid post. 
    Thank you for telling me what I meant. If I need that service again I’ll give you a call.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:

Exactly, he was lucky. 

Thank you for telling me what I meant. If I need that service again I’ll give you a call.
    Ok what did you mean by "there's so much worse than that" and "it's not the end of the world" then?

You would benefit from giving me a call, seeing as you're clearly an idiot. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:

Exactly, he was lucky. 

Ok what did you mean by "there's so much worse than that" and "it's not the end of the world" then?

You need to calm down pal. I think this lock down is getting to you.

There is much worse in the world than a young idiot driving in drink.

Which is reflected in the sentences courts give for various offences but if you think this is the worst that can happen you need to lobby for a change in the law.

I don’t think that at any point I condoned drink driving, just tried to point out that there’s a huge overreaction to this. Because it’s a footballer.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:

Exactly, he was lucky. 

Which is reflected in the sentences courts give for various offences but if you think this is the worst that can happen you need to lobby for a change in the law.

I don’t think that at any point I condoned drink driving, just tried to point out that there’s a huge overreaction to this. Because it’s a footballer.
    I'm perfectly calm. But as someone who has had a friend permanently disabled at 23 because of a drink driver, I think it's serious. 

Just because there is worse, does not make it acceptable in anyway shape or form. Saying he's young and made a mistake doesn't cut it, IF drink driving, it's not just about the Law, it's about risking lives. 

I agree you didn't condone it, but IMO, you should have just kept your mouth shut because saying anything hinted at exactly that. Undeniably there is an overreaction. Dave from Number 23 wouldn't get the same level of press, but Dave didn't record a message telling everyone to stay at home, nor does he have the same level of responsibility. 
    I’m sorry for what happened to your friend but you can’t expect everyone to mute their opinions in case it offends someone. It’s one of the golden threads of our country - free speech. Argue with me if you need to but being abusive to me won’t have any effect on my opinions.

As to levels of responsibility it’s great when public figures embrace being a role model but it can’t be expected and people shouldn’t be judged for their lack of this but just for what they might do/have done.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:

Exactly, he was lucky. 

I'm perfectly calm. But as someone who has had a friend permanently disabled at 23 because of a drink driver, I think it's serious. 

Just because there is worse, does not make it acceptable in anyway shape or form. Saying he's young and made a mistake doesn't cut it, IF drink driving, it's not just about the Law, it's about risking lives. 

I agree you didn't condone it, but IMO, you should have just kept your mouth shut because saying anything hinted at exactly that. Undeniably there is an overreaction. Dave from Number 23 wouldn't get the same level of press, but Dave didn't record a message telling everyone to stay at home, nor does he have the same level of responsibility. 
    I’m sorry for what happened to your friend but you can’t expect everyone to mute their opinions in case it offends someone. It’s one of the golden threads of our country - free speech. Argue with me if you need to but being abusive to me won’t have any effect on my opinions.

As to levels of responsibility it’s great when public figures embrace being a role model but it can’t be expected and people shouldn’t be judged for their lack of this but just for what they might do/have done.
    I'm not expecting you to mute your opinion, I'm criticising it. Even aside from my friend, I find it astounding that anybody can even remotely defend anyone drink driving. 

Maybe you are right about the public figure and responsibility, but in that case Grealish did not need to do the video telling everybody to stay at home. As far as I'm aware, he wasn't asked to do that, so he took the responsbility on, and then let himself down a few hours later. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    When I was 24 (the same age as Grealish) I went to a party and drove. It was two miles from my home. I woke up on the couch the next morning and simply could not remember how I got home. I could not believe it when I saw my car parked outside my flat.

I had driven back from a party that was two miles away! I could have walked it. I could have got a taxi. But I didn't. Anything could have happened. This was over 35 years ago and times were a bit different but it was so wrong. And I knew it.

Since then I have never driven when I have had more than two lager shandys. In fact I hardly drink ever and this serves to explain why I am so popular with my friends when we go out! And also why, I suspect, the wife is still with me - because she drinks and in 20 years has only had to drive twice (and not drink much to her frustration) when we've been out. I'm a standing joke in that respect with friends and family.

But I digress. I got away with one. So did Grealish. We both got extremely lucky. He has been punished and his actions should not detract from his ability as a footballer. Neither should the fact that he gets more abuse than most excuse them in any shape or form - although he will undoubtedly get shed loads more now.

The fact that he didn't do a runner but left his details with a member of the public and has publicly apologised for his actions suggests that he has recognised how stupid he was. It's up to him to prove to himself and not everyone else that he has learnt from the experience.  I sincerely hopes he does and comes out of it a better and stronger person for it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was rather unfortunate only 24 hours before he'd done a video or been told to do one telling people to stay indoors etc....

And he then smashed up a few cars along the way.

He did say sorry but wasn't great timing really and certainly must have been out of control to hit other cars.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    iainment said:

Hang him. 😇
    Presume you're a drink driver then, or at least you see no problem with it ?
    That's twice tonight you've condoned it after not getting a response first time.
    Oh get a life. He did something stupid. It’s not the end of the world or the worst he could do. How old is he? 23 or 24? Don’t put the ills of the world on his shoulders. 
    Yes he did wrong, he apologised, he’s been punished by his employer and been pilloried by public opinion. Let it go.
    FWIW I don’t drive often as I don’t have a car. Of course drink driving is wrong but he’s getting piled on not because of that but because he’s an alleged drunk driving footballer.
    Get a life....!!!,   This twat if drunk could have taken a life,he decided as does anyone who drinks & drives to basically take a weapon & literally take a chance with life or death,(got lucky this time)..& il tell ya know it’s always the innocent ones that get killed/hurt...so don’t give a fuck if it was a footballer ,a shelf stacker or the fucking Queen...he is supposed to be a role model...age shouldnt even come into it,so what diddums,he gets thrown at him....deserves it...!!!,question d&d driver kills/injures someone close to u...would you be able to just Let It Go...
  • Options
    Drink driving kills
    End of
  • Options
    I would be interested to learn why the police chose not to take any further action. Even if not drunk (or proven to be so) one would have thought "driving without due care and attention" would have been applicable? 
  • Options
    Doing well but Villa are going to want crazy money for him. Can see Spurs going for him but they might be better to wait and hope Villa go down. 
    Levy refused to pay £25m for him last August.  Don't think he'll be coming to Spurs any time soon.
    And yet Levy paid more than double that for NDombele. Arsenal paid three times that for Pepe and he's scored once and had two assists in the PL for that.

There is no doubt that there is a premium for buying a British player. But, in Grealish's case, you have someone who is tried and tested in the PL and who will not need a season or two to get used to the pace of it which so many foreigners seem to require. And in many cases they never do manage to cope and end up being sold for a loss. The name Vincent Janssen springs to mind.
    Last season 10 goals and 9 assists last season in a side that had no finisher. This season 4 goals and 4 assists in 450 minutes for Villa and England.

That £25m Levy refused to pay for a player who only reached 25 last month looks a snip especially when compared to Pepe who cost £72m, is slightly older and has scored just once and and had no assists in 390 minutes of football this season.

• Options
    He still needs to pull his socks up though!
  • Options
    had a good game last night

but for some reason I just can't stand him, can't put my finger on why - but he's got one of those faces you just wanna smash in