Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jack Grealish

Comments

• Options
    had a good game last night

but for some reason I just can't stand him, can't put my finger on why - but he's got one of those faces you just wanna smash in
    Really? I like him, think he’s a very good player too. If he continues his progression he could be destined for great things.
  • Options
    I always previously thought James Maddison was a better player, but there's no denying Grealish's talent.
  • Options
    I always previously thought James Maddison was a better player, but there's no denying Grealish's talent.

I was torn between them both at the start of last season but now I think it's clear Grealish is ahead of him
  • Options

I was torn between them both at the start of last season but now I think it's clear Grealish is ahead of him
    Grealish is also a lot more versatile as well. 
  • Options
    The talent we have for the positions in and around the main striker is ridiculous: 

Grealish
    Mount
    Foden
    Maddison
    Barnes
    Sancho
    Alli (arguably)
    Greenwood

Add that to the striking talent:

Kane
    Rashford
    Sterling
    Abraham
    Calvert-Lewin
    Ings
    Wilson

I’m sure I’m missing one or two others too.
  • Options
    I didn't really rate him much before this season, always thought overhyped, preferred Maddison etc. But after his recent form and last night i am a fan. Should be the starter for England now and its his to lose, creative/ works hard, plays with experience. Really coming on to be the player people expected when he was younger was highly regarded, hopefully he can have a good season and continues playing well for England. 
  • Options
    Certainly helped my dream team out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's something quite old fashioned about somebody learning his trade at his local team, and by playing games there, getting better and better each season, and finally reaching the England team aged 25 when ready

So many players these days seem to be fast tracked and hyped up far too young, when they're still really raw

Totally agree. You used to have to be something really special to get an England cap under the age of 23. These days any English player that plays for a top half Premier League club seems to be in the England frame.
  • Options
    Grealish is now at the age where his next move is going to be key. Does he stay at his boyhood club and be the shark in the goldfish bowl or take a chance on becoming a smaller fish in a bigger pond but potentially reaching bigger heights in terms of ability and trophies?
    He's a hometown hero at Villa who look a much better team this season but there is potentially a glass ceiling if he stays there too long.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Grealish is now at the age where his next move is going to be key. Does he stay at his boyhood club and be the shark in the goldfish bowl or take a chance on becoming a smaller fish in a bigger pond but potentially reaching bigger heights in terms of ability and trophies?
    He's a hometown hero at Villa who look a much better team this season but there is potentially a glass ceiling if he stays there too long.
    I think he’ll be ok if Villa carry on improving. 

He will probably need to play in Europe soon, actually thought he’d do well at Spurs. Hope he doesn’t just chase the big move though, doesn’t always work out and I don’t agree he’ll need to move to keep improving as a player. 
  • Options
    Grealish reminds me of a young Gascoigne, can't believe one of the top premiership teams havnt taken the risk 
  • Options
    doronron said:
    Grealish reminds me of a young Gascoigne, can't believe one of the top premiership teams havnt taken the risk 
    It's also because he hasn't been pushing for a move himself. If he had wanted to leave Villa in the summer, Man U would probably have signed him
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I think he is great, a breath of fresh air. Modern footballers play like robots, there’s something individual and 90s-esque about his style of play. 

absolutely spot on - people rave about players like greenwood and Sancho - i don't even notice they're on the pitch - identikit players - grealish has got a touch of the ginola's about him and he's done exactly the right thing staying at villa - if he went to Chelsea or man u he'd be 'joe cole'd' and be made into a workhorse
    Sancho for Dortmund is superb.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Grealish will do more for England in the Euro finals than Sterling, IF he's given the chance. 

Leapfrogged Mount, Barclay, Maddison and Greenwood.

Calvert Lewin very impressive too.

Front 5 to choose from 

Grealish
    Rashford
    Kane
    Calvert Lewin
    Sterling
    Sancho

Happy with all of those.

Foden
    Henderson ideally 

Not sure I fancy Rice, Dier or Phillips over one another.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I think he is great, a breath of fresh air. Modern footballers play like robots, there’s something individual and 90s-esque about his style of play. 

absolutely spot on - people rave about players like greenwood and Sancho - i don't even notice they're on the pitch - identikit players - grealish has got a touch of the ginola's about him and he's done exactly the right thing staying at villa - if he went to Chelsea or man u he'd be 'joe cole'd' and be made into a workhorse

take your word for it - never seen him do anything for England
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Grealish will do more for England in the Euro finals than Sterling, IF he's given the chance. 

Leapfrogged Mount, Barclay, Maddison and Greenwood.

Calvert Lewin very impressive too.

Front 5 to choose from 

Grealish
    Rashford
    Kane
    Calvert Lewin
    Sterling
    Sancho

Happy with all of those.

Foden
    Henderson ideally 

Not sure I fancy Rice, Dier or Phillips over one another.  

sterling and grealish should both play - rice, dier and phillips are crap - not interested in any players who can't play and are just there for their defensive qualities
  • Options

the top top sides always have holding midfielders who are primarily comfortable on the ball - not semedo types

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

take your word for it - never seen him do anything for England
    I agree that he’s not reached his club form with England. But that’s not a rare thing. Still early days with him.
  • Options
    doronron said:
    He'd have gone to United if Villa went down.

Ironic really he sorted his own immediate future by keeping Villa up.
  • Options
    doronron said:

To be fair to Villa they also backed up their intentions by spending £80m. Which is about £80m more than Burnley did.
  • Options
    doronron said:

To be fair to Villa they also backed up their intentions by spending £80m. Which is about £80m more than Burnley did.
    Indeed.  I've got a feeling that things are on the verge of imploding at Burnley.  Their manager doesn't seem to be happy, for a start.  It could easily cost them their PL place this season, I think.

Glad to see Grealish succeeding for England; he is a very talented player and it's time our national side learned to embrace this rather than going for 'safe' options.  We actually have a lot of young talent in the squad at the moment; I'm looking forward to seeing how things develop in the next few years.
  • Options
    Saw him play in the friendly against Charlton - seemed a class above most of the players. Great balance and never seems rushed.
    Yeah he was better than anyone else. I know he does gets fouled alot but he did/does go down very easily. He is the kind of player who would always piss off the opposition's fans to the joy of his own fans.
  • Options
    This. Reminds me of Paul Merson.