Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jack Grealish

Comments

• Most underrated player in the PL. Should 100% be in the squad over Mason Mount. Would fit in perfectly at Spurs/Arsenal/Man Utd
    I'm the total opposite here, personally I think he's one of the most overhyped / overrated players I've ever seen
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Doing well but Villa are going to want crazy money for him. Can see Spurs going for him but they might be better to wait and hope Villa go down. 
    Levy refused to pay £25m for him last August.  Don't think he'll be coming to Spurs any time soon.
    And yet Levy paid more than double that for NDombele. Arsenal paid three times that for Pepe and he's scored once and had two assists in the PL for that.

There is no doubt that there is a premium for buying a British player. But, in Grealish's case, you have someone who is tried and tested in the PL and who will not need a season or two to get used to the pace of it which so many foreigners seem to require. And in many cases they never do manage to cope and end up being sold for a loss. The name Vincent Janssen springs to mind.

Wasn't overly impressed with his performance at the start of the season against Spurs, he was directly at fault for the second goal, losing the ball in a silly area.  Pretty much what Eriksen does week in week out for the last year.  He's found some form and consistency now and has been looking much much better.

I'd love to see him at Spurs.  He's the kind of player we're crying out for at the moment BUT we're talking about Levy here.  He wont pay over the odds for anyone.  Everyone knows that.  He wanted Grealish on the cheap last summer, he's always sniffing round the clubs in trouble to get a bargain.  Aaron Lennon (£1m from Leeds United when they were in bother), Gareth Bale (bought Southampton out of their sell on clause when they were struggling) and Villa were in trouble last summer.  He's a horrible little git...and thats putting it politely.  There are more examples to back that up.

I just dont see Levy paying anywhere near the value what Villa would rightly put on him.

As for Ndombele, he's going to be an absolute star.  Well, he would if he wasn't left on the bench by Mourinho.  When he's been given minutes, he's looked unplayable at times but there seems to be some question mark over his fitness at the moment.  Same could be said for a lot of the Spurs squad having said that.

• edited January 2020
    Of the 29 goals scored by Villa, Grealish has 7 goals and 5 assists to date. That's playing in one of the worst two or three teams in the PL. 

Villa almost certainly wouldn't sell now but United could offload Pogba for double what they'd have to pay for Grealish and a miles better player for it - simply because Pogba doesn't want to play for them anyway
  • My son keeps buying Grealish on Fifa. Maybe it’s going to happen. 
  • Lovely player to watch, makes the game look effortless and so easy when running with the ball
  • Of the 29 goals scored by Villa, Grealish has 7 goals and 5 assists to date. That's playing in one of the worst two or three teams in the PL. 

Villa almost certainly wouldn't sell now but United could offload Pogba for double what they'd have to pay for Grealish and half a miles better player for it - simply because Pogba doesn't want to play for them anyway
    Clubs would probably prefer to wait and see if Villa go down as if they do get relegated he'd a) want to leave and b) cost less.

If they sell now or do stay up, i can't see Villa selling for much less than 60m.
  • He would start in every single team in the EPL apart from maybe Man City, he is an absolute baller. Should be playing for England, it's criminal that he's not
  • He would start in every single team in the EPL apart from maybe Man City, he is an absolute baller. Should be playing for England, it's criminal that he's not
    i wonder if he will regret not sticking with Ireland?
  • Sponsored links:

• Must be the only one who doesn't think he's all that... Good player, but no way top 4
    I wise Rice had stayed with Ireland! Grealish can’t be far off a call up. 
    He'll get a lot of caps soon I think. 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Must be the only one who doesn't think he's all that... Good player, but no way top 4
    I am with you on this one, falls over far too easily for me and runs into defenders looking for free kicks. 

Good player but I could not see him in the Liverpool or Leicester team plus Man City as above. England, maybe but we are not all that so would not surprise me.  
  • Far more depressed about losing him from Ireland than Rice, although any team we had would certainly have been built around the two of them for years to come.  

Agree with @eaststandmike about the top 3, but think he'd step into any of the teams below that.  
  • Rothko said:
    I like Grealish a lot, loves Villa, gives a shit, and has a lot quality about him. As for Declan Rice, I wonder if people would be so kind on him, if he hadn't switched to England, think he's a massively average player 
    Felt for a few games now that Southgate is having to play Rice simply because of the commotion caused when he switched Nations
  • Rothko said:
    I like Grealish a lot, loves Villa, gives a shit, and has a lot quality about him. As for Declan Rice, I wonder if people would be so kind on him, if he hadn't switched to England, think he's a massively average player 
    Weren't Man U interested in Rice? I bet West Ham wish they'd received a bloated transfer fee from Man U!
    He'll get a lot of caps soon I think. 
    I don’t think they’ll fit on his Barnet with that haircut.
  • Grealish inundated with praise by Jeff and co on Sky Sports atm 
  • Sponsored links:

• He’s a brilliant player, still love his reaction to the nonsense he had to put up with at the Brum derby last season. 
  • se9addick said:
    He’s a brilliant player, still love his reaction to the nonsense he had to put up with at the Brum derby last season. 
    Yep, that’s what elevated him in my eyes , he was really cool about it and then banged in the winner I think , doffs cap 
  • I think Danny Ings is a better choice for England at the moment.
  • Redrobo said:
    I think Danny Ings is a better choice for England at the moment.

They play in completely different positions
  • Surely Grealish and James Maddison are the future of England's midfield.
    this .. and they are the most fouled players in the prem .. opposition players take turns to tickle their shins and achilles 
  • he's no Jonny Williams....
    They have a role, but they'll need a decent Kante/Nididi type to allow them to look good. Maddison form has gone off the cliff (as have Leicester to be fair) with Nididi being out. 
    I'd have Foden in over both, the lad looks like his going to be another level. 
  • Outstanding last night and will now lead Villa out at Wembley.