Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez rumours (ed. Signed for Liverpool)

Comments

• Options
    I suspect there will be a number undisclosed deals to muddy the waters
  • Options
    Good luck Joe.

Thanks for your comments, I just know you will go on to bigger and better things and as an Englishman, I can't wait.
  • Options

Rothko said:

Who says the undisclosed fee is anything to do with Charlton, suspect that is driven by Liverpool. But hey, they'll be a front page made of it

Must just be a coincidence that every single signing under RD with a fee has been undisclosed, presumably at the insistence in every case of the other club - even when that's owned by RD too.

I know you are desperate to defend anything and everything that the club does under this regime, but the policy has consequences positive and negative. Blaming the "lazy" media and the fans for negative consequences is just silly.
    Beyond parody
  • Options
    As long as a few decent signings start arriving in the next 10 days, all comments about how much we got for Gomez will be put on the back burner. Whether RD spends £3m, £5m or £10m (some hope), it will be because RD wants to and not because we squeezed another million out of Liverpool, sometime in the future, as add-ons will be some time in the future!
  • Options

masicat said:

Good luck Joe. Glad our Valley Gold money has once again bought through a good youngster like Shelvey and Jenkinson. Anyone know the total amount of first team games played by these three youth products?

Jenkinson. 8
    Gomez. 21
    Shelvey. 42
    Palmer. 0
    Huddart. 0
    Ajayi. 0
    Poyet. 20
    Cousins. 84

Probably our best youth players of the last few years and Shelvey and Cousins apart we have barely seen them.
    No Solly?
    Being a bit pedantic but Lawrie Wilson, Danny Green and Danny Haynes were all youth products with us as well.
  • Options
    Good luck Joe, and thanks.

Incredible talent, and I've never seen a 17 year old who looked so at ease at Championship level.

Definitely has all the ingredients to be a top player, as long as he is nurtured properly and PLAYS.

Part of me wishes he would have gone to a club like Southampton or Stoke to build himself up further.

Not going to get my knickers in a twist about how much the fee is anyway considering we've no idea how/if it will be spent. We will just have to wait and see won't we!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Being a bit pedantic but Lawrie Wilson, Danny Green and Danny Haynes were all youth products with us as well.

MK Dons being offered (as reported) £100,000 by the Sheffield clubs for Danny Green
  • Options

Rothko said:

Rothko said:

Who says the undisclosed fee is anything to do with Charlton, suspect that is driven by Liverpool. But hey, they'll be a front page made of it

Must just be a coincidence that every single signing under RD with a fee has been undisclosed, presumably at the insistence in every case of the other club - even when that's owned by RD too.

I know you are desperate to defend anything and everything that the club does under this regime, but the policy has consequences positive and negative. Blaming the "lazy" media and the fans for negative consequences is just silly.
    Beyond parody
    Airman is spot on.
    Katrien said CAFC like the fee to be undisclosed. she said this at the Bromley Meeting. I find this just adds to the wild speculation.
    So what is beyond parody Rothko ?

On the undisclosed fee it's not really something RD/Katrien brought in, it was the same under Slater/Jimenez.
  • Options
    didn't Spurs only pay 3.5mil for Trippier which make me think Gomez will only be about the same,lets hope the add onns are decent
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Good luck Joe, and thanks.

Incredible talent, and I've never seen a 17 year old who looked so at ease at Championship level.

Definitely has all the ingredients to be a top player, as long as he is nurtured properly and PLAYS.

Part of me wishes he would have gone to a club like Southampton or Stoke to build himself up further.

Not going to get my knickers in a twist about how much the fee is anyway considering we've no idea how/if it will be spent. We will just have to wait and see won't we!

Lee Bowyer.
  • Options

Good luck Jo , £10m is a great deal for us so we gotta be grateful for that
    Helps balance the books , what's not to like
    Good times

Is the £10 Mil a guess? Because that sounds just right for me
  • Options
    He wasn't that good anyway.
  • Options
    I hope we got a friendly next season with Liverpool out of the deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe Murray will come out and tell us how we've formed a special 'link up' with Liverpool as part of the deal. "No, no" he'll say "really, this time it is a real link-up. Not like the last two times."

3.5 million is a ridiculously poor amount of money for a talent like Gomez. What an absolute bargain of the century for Liverpool. Seriously, though: what is the point of having a youth academy if you get a once-in-a-generation player and end up selling him for a few million?

What a load of shit.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Love threads like this , exposes some of the weirdos within our fan base.

7 million is a great amount and if reinvested into the squad like we'd assume .

I'd venture to suggest that only a weirdo would assume that the owner will reinvest £7m in the squad.
    Would love to be proved wrong
  • Options
    Chunes it's been said that 3.5 million is not the fee
  • Options
    How many of us would have been happy getting £3.5m for Poyet last season?
  • Options

Rothko said:

Most fees these days are undisclosed. You can understand why from the viewpoint of both selling and buying Club but the lack of transparency infuriates fans because they either believe they have paid too much or sold themselves short but that's how it is unfortunately.

• Options
    It's definitely 5.2 up front
  • Options

Rothko said:

Fucking hell, can people stop wanking on about £3.5m, the truth is more, from multiple sources close to the club. Lazy people believing lazy reporting from Sky

This is where the "undisclosed fee" nonsense gets you in the end. Briefing reporters off the record while at the same time telling fans it's none of their business.

I can see that RD would probably look quite ridiculous if some of the other deals were in the public domain, but he can't have it both ways. No point blaming the media.
    Spot on.

• Options
    Never have we had such a divided fan Base