Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez rumours (ed. Signed for Liverpool)

Comments

• Options
    The big thing for me here is whether we've got a sell on clause. If Joe turns out to be the megastar we hope, Liverpool won't be able to hang on to him either and the even bigger boys will pay a kings ransom. Now if it's, say, 15% of any profit and he goes for, I don't know, 30million, that gives us about 4 million more if he went for an initial 3.5.
    All guesswork of course, I don't pretend to be in the know at all, but I hope we'll see a headline about a massive windfall for Charlton in about 4 or 5 years time.
    Of course, we want funds now, but more money a bit further down the line can't hurt can it?
  • Options
    Sadly he is too good for us at the present time. Good luck Joe, hoping to see you in an England shirt before too long.
  • Options
    Hugely frustrating to see 3.5m figure being bounded about as fact. Totally incorrect.... #cafc Olly Groom
  • Options
    Did Joe sign his 3 year deal before he'd played a first team game ?
    Was Poyet only offered a shorter deal at that stage ?
    Was it only once Poyet started smashing it up that a new deal was offered
    If Joe was in the same position would he have signed the charity contract for us or gone the same route as Poyet
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Never have we had such a divided fan Base

I blame modern technology. No wonder pubs are closing on a frequent basis these days.
  • Options
    Laters Joe
  • Options
    Question about this undisclosed fee business, will these figures eventually come out in the wash when the accounts are published or are they all aggregated up in in a Chuck Blazer sort of way so that it would take the FBI to unravel it?
  • Options
    Spot on mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

In my eyes the deal fell exactly how the club expected.

They offered a contract to the lad and he signed (thank you joe)

He could have walked last year but stuck it out for year got us our fee and moved

It was never in question of if he moved more when

He done good by us and I wish him the best more than can be said of matey at West Ham

What is the difference between Gomez and Poyet though? Both signed their first contracts the club gave them, neither stayed long enough to sign a second one and both played 20 games and had big impacts. Only difference to me is that with Poyet we did not play him early enough and by the time we did his contract was almost up.
  • Options

Did Joe sign his 3 year deal before he'd played a first team game ?
    Was Poyet only offered a shorter deal at that stage ?
    Was it only once Poyet started smashing it up that a new deal was offered
    If Joe was in the same position would he have signed the charity contract for us or gone the same route as Poyet

Gomez didn't start gobbing off like a little prick on Twitter about 'the truth'. Poyet did.
  • Options

He could have walked last year but stuck it out for year got us our fee and moved

He done good by us and I wish him the best more than can be said of matey at West Ham

What is the difference between Gomez and Poyet though? Both signed their first contracts the club gave them, neither stayed long enough to sign a second one and both played 20 games and had big impacts. Only difference to me is that with Poyet we did not play him early enough and by the time we did his contract was almost up.
    See my last post
  • Options

See my last post
    When Poyet left he got dogs abuse before the tweets though which Joe does not seem to have got so not sure I buy that.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ross1 said:

Hugely frustrating to see 3.5m figure being bounded about as fact. Totally incorrect.... #cafc Olly Groom

Facts have never stopped Charlton fans from moaning like girls before. It won't stop them believing what suits their opinions now.

RD out.

• Options

Joe signed a deal that meant if someone wanted him they had to buy him, Poyet didn't

They both signed one deal. End of. If we hadn't played Gomez for the first 2.5 years of his then played him for 20 games right at the end and suddenly realised he was fantastic and Liverpool came knocking then do you really think he would have signed another one?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We paid 2.5m for Francis Jeffers and now sell Joe Gomez for 3.5m
    When will this madness ever end

Jeffers had some ability but obviously enjoyed the booze more than he enjoyed training
  • Options

No point in ever expecting transfers in or out to have a consistency... Why not compared Jeffers with Darren Bent... Jeffers looks absurdly expensive against that benchmark, and DB looks a steal against Gomez...
  • Options
    Loaned to Derby? Havent read all the posts, but why haven't we had him back on loan?
  • Options

Joe signed a deal that meant if someone wanted him they had to buy him, Poyet didn't

They both signed one deal. End of. If we hadn't played Gomez for the first 2.5 years of his then played him for 20 games right at the end and suddenly realised he was fantastic and Liverpool came knocking then do you really think he would have signed another one?
    No, sorry, these are two different situations. Diego received a deal when he was young and nowhere near the squad. He then broke into the squad at a time when we couldn't even renew our first team players' contracts. Subsequently we were able to offer new contracts when Roland came in and Diego stuck two fingers up and walked away with his POTY trophy for peanuts having given us half a season. Once Joe started appearing in the team it was clear as day we wouldn't have him for long, and he was in a situation where he knew big teams would come in for him and he still signed his deal.

It's not about the number of deals the players signed, it's about the stage of development they were at. Both players reached the point where they were ready to break into the first team, and one agreed to secure a decent deal for us knowing he would move on and the other decided he wasn't too bothered about that. Which was his choice, but let's not pretend that they both made the same decision.
  • Options

No, sorry, these are two different situations. Diego received a deal when he was young and nowhere near the squad. He then broke into the squad at a time when we couldn't even renew our first team players' contracts. Subsequently we were able to offer new contracts when Roland came in and Diego stuck two fingers up and walked away with his POTY trophy for peanuts having given us half a season. Once Joe started appearing in the team it was clear as day we wouldn't have him for long, and he was in a situation where he knew big teams would come in for him and he still signed his deal.

It's not about the number of deals the players signed, it's about the stage of development they were at. Both players reached the point where they were ready to break into the first team, and one agreed to secure a decent deal for us knowing he would move on and the other decided he wasn't too bothered about that. Which was his choice, but let's not pretend that they both made the same decision.
  • Options
    Has someone just made up this 'loan to Derby' crap out of thin air, and now everyone thinks it's gonna happen????
  • Options

Has someone just made up this 'loan to Derby' crap out of thin air, and now everyone thinks it's gonna happen????

Reported by the BBC and the press.
  • Options

2.5m for Jeffers??? We never learn do we?
  • Options

They both signed one deal when young men (aged 17). One stayed the entire length of his contract so could be argued he was the more loyal of the two yet he gets the abuse.

(I am by no means having a go at JG who I have no problem, just pointing out a certain hypocrisy).