Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez rumours (ed. Signed for Liverpool)

Comments

• Options

Am I the only that thinks we have gone back to the old days when we have agreed decent signings in private (nothing announced yet) the money raised from the sale of Gomez will be used to finance, if other clubs know we have the cash from this sale they will make theie transfer fees higher.

I think Standard already know the terms of the deal.
  • Options
    7 sounds about the mark, with add ons taking it in to the double figure mark, but that will be quite tough to reach, too me the % sell on fee is the most important inclusion in the deal
  • Options
    Not that I agree with undisclosed fees, but it prevents others from hiking their asking price in theory, not sure I agree thats true Insuspect what others are willing to offer is far more important; but perhaps more important stops our fans expecting x amount to be spent.

Didn't Murray say RD being here meant we could hold onto our younger players longer? So about a year longer then..

On another note where are debt figures people keep bandying about coming from?

He bought the club (not a debt)
    Long term debt, only if we return to the prem, and due to expire eventually and at this rate before well before reach it

Losses from last year or so? don't these things normally get written off against profits in the group? Mind you there may not be any..
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I understand the logic of this deal, for Joe and the club. So my head gets it but my heart still says no. I feel absolutely gutted that we had him for such a short period of time.

Good luck Joe. Future England player/captain in my humble view.

Will be absolutely fuming though, if the money isn't used to clearly strengthen the team. Also if Joe goes out on loan to another Championship side. That would be a real kick in the bollocks.

Spot on Davo, there's vastly to much money/power sloshing around the premier league now. Will follow your career with interest Joe.

IMO no way will Joe get in Liverpool's first team the coming season.
  • Options
    I figure the numbers that Crawley was giving during the week came from CAFC so that is as close as we are going to get to an "official" number.

He said 5 to 6m rising to 10m.
  • Options
    3.5 is dissapointing but not disastrous and therefore I beliieve it as being consistent with our dealings and performances of the last 3 years.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

I understand the logic of this deal, for Joe and the club. So my head gets it but my heart still says no. I feel absolutely gutted that we had him for such a short period of time.

Good luck Joe. Future England player/captain in my humble view.

Will be absolutely fuming though, if the money isn't used to clearly strengthen the team. Also if Joe goes out on loan to another Championship side. That would be a real kick in the bollocks.

Spot on Davo, there's vastly to much money/power sloshing around the premier league now. Will follow your career with interest Joe.

IMO no way will Joe get in Liverpool's first team the coming season.
    I doubt he'll have a chance to establish himself as centre half but he could easily get a run of games at right back.

• Options

Ketts has said the fee is around £7m

Well that's the losses sorted out. Best get on transfermarkt sharpish.
  • Options
    Good luck Joe!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gutted that another youth player has left us so early. The last player to ever leave us when he reached his full potential was Scott Parker and that was a controversial move itself, anyway that's another story.

Now I am just about to see whether Liverpool will destroy his career or whether they will handle him properly, only time will tell.

I don't blame Valley Gold members who are thinking on stopping their membership, youth players think far too big these days and don't think out of the box.
  • Options
    Please spend it on the cafc squad.....
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    cafc999 said:

Sadly I think you are right AFKA. That being the case, is there any point in supporting the club at all? After all whilst just being entertained is a part of what you pay your entry fee for, if all we can aspire to on top of that is cheering when our best players walk out the door, we might as well give up.

Algarve, every single club in the land is a selling club. Look at Man Utd when they sold Ronaldo to Madrid. This has gone on for years and will never stop.

When the big clubs come calling it is hard for a player to turn them down (Especially when their agent is chirping in their ear)
    I can see a bit of a difference between a player signed for £13m and sold for £80m, after six years, 196 matches and 7 major trophies, and player who plays half a season and goes for £3.5m and all we have to show for it is a new stall selling pulled pork sandwiches in the car park though mate...

If all we can aspire to is being a feeder club, why not just become that for one club alone, then at least we can have asecond team to cheer who have a chance of success.

I don´t blame Gomez, her did right by us signing a new contract, his agent shafted us by apparently revealing the minimum terms in his contract. I don´t blame the club either, they have done pretty well in the deal. I wish JG all the very best and hope he is the exception to the general rule that players leaving for big clubs end up elsewhere after a season or two on loan in the championship.
  • Options
    3.5 million for Joe Gomez is very disappointing. Southampton get 10s of millions for their players. Shows you that to get good value for decent young players, Charlton need to be in the Premiership.
  • Options
    I seem to think we made more money from the sale of Darren Bent who we bought rather than developed, at a time when we were the PL billy big bollox, than we have made from the sale of any of our academy produce. Also we should remember that most of the academy products get shown the door. We shouldn't be too hypocritical, but we can be disappointed without being hypocritical.

I add my voice to those who wish JG all the best with his career. He is a real prospect but we can't honestly say he is going to waltz into the Liverpool set-up, never mind England. I thought Poyet was superb and look what is happening to him now. I doubt if whatsisname, the big English centre forward who signed for Liverpool last summer from Southampton feels this past season has been fulfilling in football development terms!

Finally, before I butt-out, I thought Solly was better than Jenkinson - the problem is we have only a handful of lower league games upon which we can base a judgment.
  • Options
    Before add ons I'm told it's somewhere between £5m-6m which is a decent price for an 18 year-old.

If a significant chunk of that money isn't put back into the playing squad though you have to ask yourself what the point of having such a brilliant academy is.

And paying seven-figures for someone who will inevitably end up at Sint Truiden doesn't count.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited June 2015
    Rothko said:

Fucking hell, can people stop wanking on about £3.5m, the truth is more, from multiple sources close to the club. Lazy people believing lazy reporting from Sky

You need to adjust your post for language. @Rothko
  • Options

IT. WASNT. THREE. POINT. FIVE. MILLION. POUNDS.

There's no need to shout. How much it exactly ? Why are all the papers quoting 3.5 million ? Source of the figure would be helpful.
  • Options
    vff said:

IT. WASNT. THREE. POINT. FIVE. MILLION. POUNDS.

There's no need to shout. How much it exactly ? Why are all the papers quoting 3.5 million ? Source of the figure would be helpful.
    The 3.5m figure was leaked by Liverpool.
  • Options
    Love threads like this , exposes some of the weirdos within our fan base.

Lets be honest with a talent like Joe we were never going to be able to hold on for him for long.
    7 million is a great amount and if reinvested into the squad like we'd assume could go a long way to helping a top 6 finish we all dream of.
    Wish Joe the best and hope to see him progress even further at Liverpool.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Love threads like this , exposes some of the weirdos within our fan base.

Lets be honest with a talent like Joe we were never going to be able to hold on for him for long.
    7 million is a great amount and if reinvested into the squad like we'd assume could go a long way to helping a top 6 finish we all dream of.
    Wish Joe the best and hope to see him progress even further at Liverpool.

Weirdo.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    Jimmy said:

Before add ons I'm told it's somewhere between £5m-6m which is a decent price for an 18 year-old.

If a significant chunk of that money isn't put back into the playing squad though you have to ask yourself what the point of having such a brilliant academy is.

And paying seven-figures for someone who will inevitably end up at Sint Truiden doesn't count.

On Twitter the other day you indicated that he would have been happy to stay here for another season. Were you thinking of a possible loan back deal, and do you know if that was discussed?
  • Options
    £10m would be cheap. Why sell this early? Were the other top Prem sides aware he was for sale? Wonder who in the network valued him. Same person who paid £800k for Polish Pete?
  • Options

Jimmy said:

On Twitter the other day you indicated that he would have been happy to stay here for another season. Were you thinking of a possible loan back deal, and do you know if that was discussed?
    Also Jimmy, are you looking forward to promoting cheap tickets for West Ham's cheap new stadium across the water from The Valley? Exciting times.