Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• wmcf123 said:

smiffyboy said:

Talal said:

smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

Why would Luzon wanna start the season with a midfielder playing his unnatural role as a centre back, square pegs round holes again, look at cousins when you play a player in their proper position, you don't get an electrician to plaster your house just coz he's ok at it you get the right man for the job in.

It's a fair comment but this guy has played in a World Cup final. I doubt there is much that he doesn't know about defending and has the stature to play cb in what will be the lowest standard he has played at for years and years.
    What position did he play in the World Cup final?
    Substitute
    Came on in the 56th minute for Viera and played in central midfield. All the way to the pens so played in well over half te final. Didn't realise his contribution was so significant.
    So we are gonna play a man that played in midfield in a World Cup final in central defense, logical
    It was 9 years ago
    Glad to hear that ?

I thought it was the 1998 WC in France when they beat Brazil in the final !

Now i know he's not 42, Centre back in the Championship should be a stroll for him, plus he's good in the air.

Exactly
  • If Luzon decides to play 3 at the back you generally need a centre half who can pass well or bring the ball out from defence, Diarra fits that role very well as would have TBH.
  • smiffyboy said:

Why would Luzon wanna start the season with a midfielder playing his unnatural role as a centre back, square pegs round holes again, look at cousins when you play a player in their proper position, you don't get an electrician to plaster your house just coz he's ok at it you get the right man for the job in.

That's not always the case - just look at Marcel Desailly. Diarra has a wealth of experience so it's a natural step into the back 4. Did it myself when I started playing vets football - loved it! :smile:
    You never lose the magic

;9)

• smiffyboy said:

That's not always the case - just look at Marcel Desailly. Diarra has a wealth of experience so it's a natural step into the back 4. Did it myself when I started playing vets football - loved it! :smile:
    You never lose the magic

Assuming you had the magic in the first place, never to lose :-)

• These 4 sgnings are amazing.

I can't believe we actually got Honda! Or was it Yamaha?

Sorry no it's Mitsubishi Electronics isn't it?
  • edited July 2015
    I know it has been a brilliant day with JBG, but have to say I was expecting a really exciting week transfer wise and it just hasn't materialised up to now. Still desperately need 2 x CBs, 1 x RB cover, and a left winger. One CB and Left Winger are critical. Was hoping to have them for the game tonight - surely this thread will start waking up with big updates in the next 12-24 hours.
  • Reza or Kag our 4th striker?.
  • Reza or Kag our 4th striker?.

As of now it has to be KAG - but that isn't a locked down spot so if Reza comes in and works hard at Sparrows then he has the opportunity to get himself in the picture - I'd say Vetokele is the only guaranteed starter in that position at the moment.
  • se9addick said:

Reza or Kag our 4th striker?.

As of now it has to be KAG - but that isn't a locked down spot so if Reza comes in and works hard at Sparrows then he has the opportunity to get himself in the picture - I'd say Vetokele is the only guaranteed starter in that position at the moment.
    Watt is surely. We dont yet know how sturdy Igors achilles is.
  • edited July 2015
    I'm a bit worried Duchatelet is going to force Luzon to play / rely on Reza, Nego and Parzyszek as backup players. None of whom are good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm a bit worried Duchatelet is going to force Luzon to play / rely on Reza, Nego and Parzyszek as backup players. None of whom are good enough.

I seriously doubt that either will feature this season or ever again.

• I'm a bit worried Duchatelet is going to force Luzon to play / rely on Reza, Nego and Parzyszek as backup players. None of whom are good enough.

I would have thought that all three are here for Luzon to have a look at regarding fitness, attitude and ability. Would have thought that anyone he doesn't fancy (possibly these three, Bikey etc) will try to be moved on either on loan or permenent by the end of the transfer window. If they don't they'll be stuck in the stiffs until January.

Whatever way you look at it they are our players and on our budget. Luzon didn't agree to them coming, but you could say that about half the squad. Miere did though so we will have to take it on the chin unkless we can move them on or make them useful.
  • I hope you guys are right.
  • As good as it is that Johann is staying, I'm getting a bit worried about the lack of signings so far this week, the number has already gone down from 4 to 2. We were meant to have signed at least 1 by now. I'd think we'd want to have our first team playing v West Ham, and with that 3 days away I'd say we're still at least 3 short.
  • I'd give polish pete a go what did he play before was it half a game if that? The chances of him being any good are slim but definitely worth a punt after all he was spoken of very highly when we brought him in
  • As good as it is that Johann is staying, I'm getting a bit worried about the lack of signings so far this week, the number has already gone down from 4 to 2. We were meant to have signed at least 1 by now. I'd think we'd want to have our first team playing v West Ham, and with that 3 days away I'd say we're still at least 3 short.

When did the number go from 4 down to 2?
  • It wasn't posted on this forum, and like every other rumour may not be true, but I was told we were looking at 4 by the end of this week, that's now gone down to 2. There is nothing to say that tomorrow we won't sign 3-4 players, but for the time being I still think we're short a few.
  • It wasn't posted on this forum, and like every other rumour may not be true, but I was told we were looking at 4 by the end of this week, that's now gone down to 2. There is nothing to say that tomorrow we won't sign 3-4 players, but for the time being I still think we're short a few.

So if we signed 2 players this week, and 2 next week, that would still be fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• tajaddick said:

Free agent and right back Stephen Kelly was supposedly pencilled in as a trialist for tonights game with daggers until he was delayed due to traffic problems. Source, my uncle has private transport firm in reading and was due to arrange meeting today betwwen player and club.

Experienced.
  • Kelly unable to agree terms with Reading.

Too old.
  • edited July 2015

Too old.
    He's 31. You think 31 is too old for a reserve right back?
  • @soccer_sauce: Been informed Charlton are in initial discussions with Swiss club FC Thun for DF Michael Siegfried #CAFC
  • sammy391 said:

@soccer_sauce: Been informed Charlton are in initial discussions with Swiss club FC Thun for DF Michael Siegfried #CAFC

Only thing that worries me about this rumour is the title of the twitter account, i.e. surely it should be @soccer_source?
  • sammy391 said:

@soccer_sauce: Been informed Charlton are in initial discussions with Swiss club FC Thun for DF Michael Siegfried #CAFC

Only thing that worries me about this rumour is the title of the twitter account, i.e. surely it should be @soccer_source?
    Only thing that worries me about this is that the player is 27 and has played 29 games his whole career!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!