Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Tbf I think that's the same account someone retweeted claiming they were monitoring Torres lol
  • they offered over 4m for Murphy today too
  • For daryl Murphy? 4 million? Hahahahahahahaha
  • If Massive are trying to buy all our players, I assume they finally acknowledge that we are actually "more massive" than them!! :sunglasses:
  • Sponsored links:

• Haha I thought it was quite a funny response to be honest.
  • Really would prefer it to be honest if we stopped giving these made up no-nothing accounts air space to be honest

We're like the new Palace - Brighton rivalry ... random/pointless and no-ones knows where it came from
  • edited July 2015

Really would prefer it to be honest if we stopped giving these made up no-nothing accounts air space to be honest

Are you being honest?
  • Really would prefer it to be honest if we stopped giving these made up no-nothing accounts air space to be honest

Stop spreading rumours
  • News from Dr Kish. Interesting about Bikey, if true we only have one centre half in Bauer. With youngsters Lennon, Obileye, and Thomas.

RAISING THE BA
    09-Jul 21:10, by Ketts
    Just ten weeks after the Addicks ended their 2014/15 campaign, they return to action in the traditional curtain at Welling.

Charlton normally field a completely different team after the break against Welling, and it is likely that Guy Luzon will continue with this policy.

Most of the available squad should get their first 45 minutes of the campaign, Andre Bikey, Marko Dmitrovic and Johnnie Jackson are the likely exceptions.

Bikey and Luzon do not see eye-to-eye, Dmitrovic was late reporting back due to his involvement in the Euro Under-21 Finals and Jackson is injured.

The Addicks could field these teams:

Henderson; Solly, Bauer, Lennon, Fox; Gudmindsson, Diarra, Cousins, Harriott; Watt, Vetokele.

Pope; Barnes, Obileye, Thomas, Wiggins; Muldoon, Ba, Holmes-Dennis; Pigott, Makienok, Ahearne-Grant.

After the match at Park View Road, Charlton will embark on a two match trip to Belgium, followed by a quartet of games in England, before facing Queens Park Rangers in the season opener at The Valley on 8 August.

• IF true then we need at least one more centre back as a matter of urgency, I would say. Even if Bauer takes to the league like a natural we're one injury away from playing a youth team central pairing and frankly that has so much potential to go badly it's really not worth the risk. Unless of course Diarra is intended to be a CB now we have Ba but I prefer Diarra in midfield if I'm honest.
  • edited July 2015
    I think Luzon's opinion of Bikey's football has been quite clear since he arrived at the club.

1st Bauer
    2nd
    3rd Diarra
    4th Lennon/Obileye

We only *URGENTLY* need one more centre back before the start of the season although I would rather we got two. I'd rather Diarra was fourth choice at best.

Does Luzon think Lennon or Obileye have enough to be third choice CB?
  • I think Luzon's opinion of Bikey's football has been quite clear since he arrived at the club.

1st Bauer
    2nd
    3rd Diarra
    4th Lennon/Obileye

We only *URGENTLY* need one more centre back before the start of the season although I would rather we got two. I'd rather Diarra was fourth choice at best.

Does Luzon think Lennon or Obileye have enough to be third choice CB?

Bikey was horrendous in the Rotherham game. I'm reluctant to play the "he didn't look interested" card, but he really didn't
  • Sponsored links:

• Bloody hell this squad is paper thin - and the 3 new signings don't have any Championship experience. Not good.
  • I have always been under the impression that we should have a squad of 25. That is 2 players for every position plus an extra keeper, central midfielder and striker. Youngsters should then supplement this. This would require an additional 7 players before anyone leaves.

However I can only see 5 or 6 come in along with players leaving. This would give us a squad size of around 18-20, meaning that some players will be filling two positions (Diarra for CM and CB for example), and youngsters will be supplementing the squad a lot more. Not ideal when injuries start to hit, and the youngsters lack first team experience.
  • Which translates as -

For those who ask: still no decision for the starters are Öztürk (which should stay at Kasimpasa),
    Bulot (who trains at Charlton but which also has other offers) and Viera (Las Palmas wants to keep it).

So Freddy has other offers it seems, which might explain the hold up?
  • Anyone got the line ups from the welling game last season ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!