Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• A claim for the world's tallest strike force? Would fancy a few at corners.
  • Bulot does seem to be a wage issue more than anything. But to put a more positive spin on things... whilst they are 'only' replacements for players we lost, Bauer and Ba are both permanent signings not loanees, which suggests they are seen as being viable long term players or at the very bare minimum we will see money for them if they do go. The big striker we also have first dibs if he turns out to be great, again a sign perhaps the 'squad per season' approach is being phased out somewhat. Bulot is also intended to be a permanent signing when it happens, and of course Luzon has two whole seasons on his contract so the (current) intent must surely be for a longer term project.

A statement of intent would be very reassuring about now. Whether that's a real blockbuster signing from elsewhere or getting JBG/Cousins (or dare I dream of both?) onto another three or four years under contract, I for one would be much happier. But I don't think we need to worry just yet.
  • A claim for the world's tallest strike force? Would fancy a few at corners.

You got me...
  • I was sick in my mouth a bit looking at the title of this thread.
  • Thread title = not funny

• That title needs to be changed I'm not even looking on the tread till it is
  • cafc-west said:

Strip back and withdraw any hate we may have towards em.

Make no mistake, Palace are building a decent team, made all the more painful by being orchestrated by a bloke who was so woefully dogshit for us. I expect them to have a decent season. Zaha, Jedinak, Cabaye, Bolasie, Puncheon, Austin looks a tasty set up

Thing is - much as most on here hate Pardew - and he did a poor job for us that few would dispute. That was very nearly 10 years ago. He's since been forced to learn (especially at Newcastle) and Palace now have a manager with a lot more experience...making him an even more (but knowledgeable) arrogant git!
    Cabaye supposedly being offered £100,000 a week by the Nigels. Sounds like Pardwash all over, but on a grand scale. Hopefully the implosion will be equally spectacular!
    Although I have to hand it to Pardew for how he stuck it out at Newcastle and what he has done in his short time at Palace, he does have it and he will implode. Meyler, touch of a rapist, he is an arrogant prick. He has the palace connection but if they start to struggle and things get on top of him, his attitude could see him spiralling downward again.

The Richard Murray talk a few years back supported what I already knew about him and yes give him credit for recent achievements, but just wait I reckon....
  • That's better :smiley: )
  • Just seen a tweet saying Cardiff have accepted our bid for Adam Le Fondre ?
  • What was the title lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Palace rumours
  • @Wheresmeticket? The post before me suggested Peter Crouch on loan, who with Makienok would be a pretty tall strike force...
  • Gary Hooper in talks with Sheffield United apparently. Worth a bid?

I very much doubt that. Norwich have already said he won't go unless they get the money they paid for him back. I believe that was in the region of 6m.

That's someone from here isn't it.

More chance of them signing Brian Hooper

That's someone from here isn't it.
    No idea. @Elthamaddick said they saw a tweet about it so I went and found a link for it.
  • @swfc: SWFC have signed Portuguese attacking midfielder Marco Matias. Full details at http://t.co/Ofdb15PbKK #swfcpreseason http://t.co/cyvcMWS7V5

That's quite a signing from those chaps
  • Adam the Fondler is linked with Wolves on Twitter. Not us
  • Sponsored links:

• Adam Le Fondre will not be coming to us, get real people.
  • Swisdom said:

@swfc: SWFC have signed Portuguese attacking midfielder Marco Matias. Full details at http://t.co/Ofdb15PbKK #swfcpreseason http://t.co/cyvcMWS7V5

Shame. Good player, will do well.
  • Swisdom said:

@swfc: SWFC have signed Portuguese attacking midfielder Marco Matias. Full details at http://t.co/Ofdb15PbKK #swfcpreseason http://t.co/cyvcMWS7V5

Shame. Good player, will do well.
    I have never even heard of him before now. Just looked him up - an U21 international who spent last year at a mid table top flight club in Portugal. Same calibre of signing as Bauer I guess.
  • edited July 2015
    Sp. Anderlecht news ‏@Sporting_AND 5m5 minutes ago

Charlton want to take Nathan Kabasele on loan. #rsca #cafc [Het Laatste Nieuws]

The above was on Twitter and the following was a website called Anderlecht-Online....

TRANSFERS Saint Pauli and Charlton come knocking for Nathan Kabasele . Although a move to Charlton very difficult, because of the difficult relationship between Anderlecht and Roland Duchâtelet .

Duchâtelet is in fact still owns the English Charton .

Previously Kabasele already offered at Mouscron- Péruwelz, which is still deliberating internally , or the arrival of Kabasele is appropriate .

• If any of our resident Dutch speakers could translate the piece that'd be amazing. :-)
  • Was on loan at polish Petes old club and only scored 9. Polish Pete scored loads for them and hasn't been any good

• If any of our resident Dutch speakers could translate the piece that'd be amazing. :-)
    Being totally fluent in Google translate it says.....

Two new clubs report for Nathan Kabalase. Moskroer Peruwelz, where the attacker is offered deliberating internally or turn a loan with option to purchase is appropriate. Charlton himself came knocking. It probably is more difficult in view of the difficult relationship between Anderlecht and Roland Deuchatelet still owns the English club. The second division St Pauli is still interested.
  • edited July 2015
    Is today supposed to be the day that a signing is coming in? (or going out, or both - depending on how we look at it).
  • Is today supposed to be the day that a signing is coming in? (or going out, or both - depending on how we look at it).

That was apparently the word on the street, according to a cat. But we never did establish just which street...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!