Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimmy Stone on twitter...

Comments

• Essex_Al said:

Kap10 said:

kentred2 said:

razil said:

Would have to sell a lot of players..

Not really. Couple of youngsters from the network at a million each a year perhaps.
    But we're losing about £5ma year so we need to produce more than a couple of youngsters a year to cover our running costs and pay for players to replace the sold youth. If you look at Southampton in the summer they cashed in on good young players, but could not replace them from within their academy, so had to shell out on new player replacements.

We don't have players that will bring in the type of money southamptons did and we don't the youth coming through that will command the fees we need.
    You are absolutely right Kap!

I must say, I was dissapointed that the window didn't produce us a new number 9, but what those people who are crying out for RD to leave the club conveniently forget is that we are losing around £5 million a year and he is bankrolling it!
    See I think this is a key point. RD is bankrolling the club and that is why I have been so keen to believe his model will work, not biting the hand that feeds you etc. However, based on the last month, is he the right man to run the club?

I would like to think that RD can perhaps change his ways and reassess the network model, but it seems unlikely. And because we are 1 of 6 clubs, it is just complete uncertainty at the moment. Then you have all the noise about Powell being told who to pick, Dyer's interview, Peeter's sacking and the farcical appointment of GL.

Now and between the end of the season is going to be really 'bumpy' (TM @Henry Irving) to say the least
  • kentred2 said:

Essex_Al said:

Christ knows what is happening behind the scenes. Wouldn't at all surprise me if that nutcase of an owner wanted to change manages at half time. Maybe we should give Luzon, Peeters and a random person 30 mins each on Saturday.

If I was the owner and saw the shite that was served up at Sheffield, I'd want to change the manager at half time as well!
    That shyte at Sheffield was down to Roland. The players and Powell obviuosly new before the game Powell had been sacked. That Roland could not give a shyte about Charlton fans was proved that day.
    sorry but that still doesn't excuse the players performance in my eyes. They were still getting paid for playing football. Also, wouldn't it make you more determined to go out and perform for the gaffer to show support for him and send him off with a win?

Yes, if we had won 4-0 and the players were cheered off to chants of Chris Powells red and white army, no way would RD have sacked the manager who earned the club a lucrative Wembley day out, he would have looked ridiculous.

Instead, they put up a pathetic display and made it very easy to sack Powell.

• kentred2 said:

Essex_Al said:

Christ knows what is happening behind the scenes. Wouldn't at all surprise me if that nutcase of an owner wanted to change manages at half time. Maybe we should give Luzon, Peeters and a random person 30 mins each on Saturday.

If I was the owner and saw the shite that was served up at Sheffield, I'd want to change the manager at half time as well!
    That shyte at Sheffield was down to Roland. The players and Powell obviously new before the game Powell had been sacked. That Roland could not give a shyte about Charlton fans was proved that day.
    No no no you're all wrong, it was all Powells fault that the players didn't perform as he's not a good manager, nothing to do with Roland's actions before and during the game. What a piss take to all the fan's that day was, that was the final straw for me - Roland couldn't give a toss, I was red with rage when someone involved in the club told me the going on's the next day.
    The players performances at Wigan, Doncaster, Middlesbrough, Leicester and at home to Birmingham before that didn't exactly give a good vibe that we would have got a result there anyway.
  • What a delicious outcome it would have been if we'd beaten Sheff U, and then - in a dignified way - Powell the next day revealed how he resisted RD's interference, picked his own team and asserted himself as the man in charge of the football team. That would have been Chrissy's ideal scenario, surely...

...but instead.. well you know the story
  • Rob62 said:

Well he did say it, I can tell you that with 100% confidence :)

Oh well in that case I completely believe it
  • edited February 2015
    WCA we the fans deserve more loyalty from players than anyone else in the club on any other game I would accept that view point but the qtr finals of the fa cup you do that over shit surrounding the mgmt

Then your not deserving of the title professional footballer nor the concern of the fans to your treatment within the club
  • colthe3rd said:

Rob62 said:

Well he did say it, I can tell you that with 100% confidence :)

Oh well in that case I completely believe it
    Glad that was sorted
  • Christ knows what is happening behind the scenes. Wouldn't at all surprise me if that nutcase of an owner wanted to change manages at half time. Maybe we should give Luzon, Peeters and a random person 30 mins each on Saturday.

http://youtu.be/oNNj3ZkjhSQ

In play manager sackings

• Sponsored links:

• If he's looking for work (and for all I know he is already in employment elsewhere), other companies aren't going to want someone who after leaving a position posts private conversations on social media between himself and his ex-employees.

Confidenciality seems to have been completely abandoned. Not just with Mr Stone, but the last couple of months, a day doesn't pass without someone posting on here that they've spoken to a friend within the club and found out this and that (I'm aware of those on here that are merely wind up merchants, but some are not). It's concerning that very little seems to stay private and once one has said something in a conversation it is then passed between several parties.
  • What a delicious outcome it would have been if we'd beaten Sheff U, and then - in a dignified way - Powell the next day revealed how he resisted RD's interference, picked his own team and asserted himself as the man in charge of the football team. That would have been Chrissy's ideal scenario, surely...

...but instead.. well you know the story

Powell could easily have detailed all the interference after he left the club, but he is a bigger man than that. In all the years I've followed Chris Powell, be it as a player or as manager, he has always acted in a professional and dignified way.
    Chris has/had dignity in abundance -- but that was not what was required on that day in Sheffield. To paraphrase the quote from Sven & the 2002 World Cup, perhaps: "we needed Churchill but we got Neville Chamberlain".
  • We got Neville Neville not chamberlain
  • He's well worth a follow if you don't already. Has been tweeting some very interesting/revealing stuff.

Would be grateful if you'd share anything especially significant at this worrying time for all us dinosaurs without a Twitter account.

Ta.

• Personal pride and respect to.your fans or hide behind the mask of disruption,

Cowards and not fit to wear the shirt if the latter
  • Nice to see the degrees and phd's in sports psychology getting trotted out as usual re the sheff utd game.

In professional football those extra % can make a world of difference, if one team is distracted, it clearly shows. As it did vs sheff utd. You have to be 100% focused, even if it's a career high on stake you can still be distracted.

But then again it's easier to use football manager as people's references for how focused the players should be.

Re jimmy stone, why would he lie? Plus if anything he said was not true I'm sure jimmy is the first one to know about libel.

Again, it's easier to dig your heads in the sand.

Do you hang your Sports Psychology PHD on the wall?
  • I don't need football mgr I understand the value of pride and self respect even when working through adversity and hardship within the work place, my team and my current employees all give everything even when invoices hadn't been paid meaning deferment on their bonus pay until it came through

Honesty respect integrity makes real men and women

No.need to hide
  • Sponsored links:

• Bubble said:

Its no real surprise that manager's heads roll either during or just after a transfer window,

But not, surely, during or after every one!

Monsieur Guillotine .

• Nice to know our players are lily livered cowards the clean out was correct then from top to bottom
  • He's well worth a follow if you don't already. Has been tweeting some very interesting/revealing stuff.

Would be grateful if you'd share anything especially significant at this worrying time for all us dinosaurs without a Twitter account.

Ta.

From a fellow dinosaur

https://twitter.com/jimmystone_

Google is your friend (sometimes)
  • Nice to know our players are lily livered cowards the clean out was correct then from top to bottom

You didn't read what I said did you? I said even with the best of intentions, your mind is still not in the right place and so underperformance by a few percent can happen which impacts the overall result. Also remember you're talking about a group of lads some of whom were still teenagers. Classy.
  • Yep I meant it, the senior pros melted in front of them and if the younger ones thought they would follow they have no place in a hard work place like football and would explain why players like harriot are so inconsistent and that I am 100% right that he will never match his ability with mind set and will end up in div 2
  • I wish someone took over at half time at Sheffield utd, we might not have lost

I felt at half time in that game we had done ok in the first half. It was only really after they scored that we lost our way tbf.
  • LenGlover said:

He's well worth a follow if you don't already. Has been tweeting some very interesting/revealing stuff.

Ta.

From a fellow dinosaur

https://twitter.com/jimmystone_

Google is your friend (sometimes)
    Wow ! Thanks, Sir Len !