Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimmy Stone on twitter...

edited February 2015 in General Charlton
I've seen some of his previous tweets being featured on here before; but there's two rather worrying ones from tonight...

If you go back through his feed there's even more food for thought.

Not sure how I feel, but it's a little concerning none the less - especially when other events and sentiments are taken in to account. It's even more concerning when a fair few of his tweets are more positive, and he seems very balanced in his views. (i.e That Morrison should've been allowed to leave, as he wanted to play and wasn't getting game time here. That Johnson may work out because he had little hopes for Ben Haim. That this team produced some of the best football at the Valley in years vs DCFC etc.)

Comments

• cafctom said:

Very worrying - and absolutely worth taking note of considering Jimmy worked for the club up until recently.

Christ, we are in the shit with this clown aren't we?

It is very worrying; especially considering he left of his own accord and you wouldn't usually attribute any bitterness to that kind of ending.

I've also updated my original post as well, just to give a fairer representation of how balanced he is as a fan - there doesn't actually seem to be any out-and-out bias. He openly admits that decisions may have been right, that the team is capable of playing good football etc. That's what worries me more, it's not someone else who's blindly attacking the regime.
  • edited February 2015
    He's well worth a follow if you don't already. Has been tweeting some very interesting/revealing stuff.
  • Nothing new there tbh.
    It's what we know.
    RD has no particular interest in winning games.
    He wants to use us and his other clubs as a shop window to advertise & then sell on the players for profit.
    It's clear as day.
  • Another bitter ex employee?
  • Another bitter ex employee?

LuckyReds said:

cafctom said:

Very worrying - and absolutely worth taking note of considering Jimmy worked for the club up until recently.

It is very worrying; especially considering he left of his own accord and you wouldn't usually attribute any bitterness to that kind of ending.

I've also updated my original post as well, just to give a fairer representation of how balanced he is as a fan - there doesn't actually seem to be any out-and-out bias. He openly admits that decisions may have been right, that the team is capable of playing good football etc. That's what worries me more, it's not someone else who's blindly attacking the regime.
  • I agree covered end but on the other hand I hope Jimmy has a new job.
  • LuckyReds said:

Another bitter ex employee?

LuckyReds said:

cafctom said:

Why is he stoking the fires?
  • edited February 2015

LuckyReds said:

Another bitter ex employee?

LuckyReds said:

cafctom said:

Why is he stoking the fires?
    Honestly? I have no idea. That's why I (rather bluntly, apologies ;)) bolded out part of my previous post.

Jimmy seems to strike me as "one of us"; a genuine fan who wants the best for the club. He's not bitter or blinkered enough to say "Getting rid of Morrison was a bad idea, and signing Johnson? What rubbish! This team is doomed and couldn't even finish off Rotherham.", that actually says more than a lot of CharltonLife - perhaps myself included.

At the same time though, he's going off of first hand experience with the enigmatic Mr. Duchâtelet (Hell, he can even spell the name!) and stating what the man has said, and based his opinions off of that. In fairness, that's more than most of us are basing our moods on!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015
    Well, if his quote is genuine about RD not caring about winning, then, what's it all about?? No matter how many fans meetings/protests are arranged, he won't give a shit. He who has the money calls the tune. ):
  • Roly Poly

The gift that keeps on giving
  • Well, if his quote is genuine about RD not caring about winning, then, what's it all about?? No matter how many fans meetings/protests are arranged, he won't give a shit. He who has the money calls the tune. ):

Players. Powell said the same thing.
  • Well, if his quote is genuine about RD not caring about winning, then, what's it all about?? No matter how many fans meetings/protests are arranged, he won't give a shit. He who has the money calls the tune. ):

Yeah but if you don't win, players will be worth a lot less.
  • edited February 2015
    He's taken the ball away. How sad is that? About sums it up for me. Goodnight.
  • edited February 2015

Well, if his quote is genuine about RD not caring about winning, then, what's it all about?? No matter how many fans meetings/protests are arranged, he won't give a shit. He who has the money calls the tune. ):

Let me state one thing: I don't like the look of where the club is going, and right now have very little confidence in KM and RD.

However, I think @Absurdistan is spot on here. Nobody wants to buy goods that look a bit naff.

Surely an astute businessman such as Roland can see that? Or in his terms, as an electronics magnate, no one wants to buy electronics components that have just caused a house fire. That kind of bad press leaves a bit of a taint on the desirability of an item.

Do people want to buy the components that are helping to power a very successful system? Yes. Just like people want to buy the defenders from the best defence and the strikers who are firing their teams up the league.*

*The exception being those who are hunting around the bargain basement and snapping up whatever they can afford; and there's not a great deal of cash to be made in that particular sales method.
  • Good timing the tweets should get a few more to.the meeting
  • LuckyReds said:

Let me state one thing: I don't like the look of where the club is going, and right now have very little confidence in KM and RD.

However, I think @Absurdistan is spot on here. Nobody wants to buy goods that look a bit naff.

Surely an astute businessman such as Roland can see that? Or in his terms, as an electronics magnate, no one wants to buy electronics components that have just caused a house fire. That kind of bad press leaves a bit of a taint on the desirability of an item.

Do people want to buy the components that are helping to power a very successful system? Yes. Just like people want to buy the defenders from the best defence and the strikers who are firing their teams up the league.*

*The exception being those who are hunting around the bargain basement and snapping up whatever they can afford; and there's not a great deal of cash to be made in that particular sales method.
    For many of the players we've had, just having a Championship side on their CV could push up their value. The English game is still very well regarded in the football world.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015
    Perhaps drawing a majority of your games makes a team considered good in Belgium
  • Can anyone paste the tweets, for of us (me) that don't have access to twitter.
  • Can anyone paste the tweets, for of us (me) that don't have access to twitter.

See start of thread.

• Nice pitch though.
  • edited February 2015
    What was his role at the club? Why would RD tell this guy such things??

I've got no reason to not believe what Jimmy is saying, I'd just like to know how and in what capacity he was told this info. He also left quite a while ago didn't he? Why is he only saying this now?

Like I say I'm not calling him a liar but I've been on Twitter long enough to know that some people get carried away at times.

If it is true then the not caring about winning worries me greatly.
  • WSSWSS
    edited February 2015
    He was a comms and media guy VG. Did the videos, interviews etc so would've been in conversation with most people at the club at all levels.

Pretty sure he only left a month or so ago as well.