Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimmy Stone on twitter...

Comments

• #moveon
  • You've been boycotting games ever since. ;-)
  • What was his role at the club? Why would RD tell this guy such things??

I've got no reason to not believe what Jimmy is saying, I'd just like to know how and in what capacity he was told this info. He also left quite a while ago didn't he? Why is he only saying this now?

Like I say I'm not calling him a liar but I've been on Twitter long enough to know that some people get carried away at times.

If it is true then the not caring about winning worries me greatly.

He was the fan engagement and content manager until he left three weeks ago. So he produced the videos and jointly ran the fb and Twitter accounts with Ian. He was in close proximity to the players, the coaching staff and with the ownership and like others have said is a fan. He isn't making this stuff up.

Duchatelet told him about replacing Powell in second half in this interview which he held with the owner http://t.co/0HXJG2WwQO which the team were then instructed to heavily cut.
  • So Guy Luzon likes to win, doesn't like to lose, we are told that Mr Peeters was sacked because of results, yet Mr Duchatelet supposedly says results don't matter, which we witness with our own eyes when we see the games and observe the transfer policy.
    Whether results matter or not the bald fact is we're not getting them anyway, and that is driving fans away.
  • What was his role at the club? Why would RD tell this guy such things??

I've got no reason to not believe what Jimmy is saying, I'd just like to know how and in what capacity he was told this info. He also left quite a while ago didn't he? Why is he only saying this now?

Like I say I'm not calling him a liar but I've been on Twitter long enough to know that some people get carried away at times.

If it is true then the not caring about winning worries me greatly.

If your going to believe anyone with as a credible source its Jimmy and I have backed Roland all the way
  • This "not caring about winning" thing. Can I just play devils advocate here? I'm in no way a supporter of RD by the way, just I think perhaps I think this is probably getting lost in translation.
    I think the point he was probably trying to make (badly) is that it's about a long game. He's emotionally detached from the week to week grind and emotions of winning and losing games. He has a plan. A long term one at that. Losing a game has no impact on that.

That's just my interpretation of what that would mean. But who knows? RD is probably the only one.

Right from start from bits he said I thought his view was that it was a match day experience he wanted to build and that did not include winning football. It is all about the player pool with the costs of buying in spread across all his clubs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would have to sell a lot of players..
  • razil said:

Would have to sell a lot of players..

Not really. Couple of youngsters from the network at a million each a year perhaps.
  • Easy for Jimmy to come out now and say this. He cares that much about Charlton that he was perfectly happy to pedal out any old nonsense from Duchatelet and co. at the time despite knowing it was rubbish. It's all a bit self-indulgent to me.

That was his job. And with Duchatalet's track record, go against him or if he doesn't agree with you he will sack you there and then.
    That's not journalism then is it? Why not quit earlier if it bothered him that much? I appreciate him coming out with this now but it's a year too late.
  • kentred2 said:

razil said:

Not really. Couple of youngsters from the network at a million each a year perhaps.
    But we're losing about £5ma year so we need to produce more than a couple of youngsters a year to cover our running costs and pay for players to replace the sold youth. If you look at Southampton in the summer they cashed in on good young players, but could not replace them from within their academy, so had to shell out on new player replacements.

We don't have players that will bring in the type of money southamptons did and we don't the youth coming through that will command the fees we need.
  • Sponsored links:

• Easy for Jimmy to come out now and say this. He cares that much about Charlton that he was perfectly happy to pedal out any old nonsense from Duchatelet and co. at the time despite knowing it was rubbish. It's all a bit self-indulgent to me.

That was his job. And with Duchatalet's track record, go against him or if he doesn't agree with you he will sack you there and then.
    That's not journalism then is it? Why not quit earlier if it bothered him that much? I appreciate him coming out with this now but it's a year too late.
    He wasn't a journalist, he was content manager & involved in fan management I believe. Probably because it was his only source of income, and something he loved - do you easily leave something you love in life? I doubt it.. easier said than done.
  • He's a bloody splitter!
  • Kap10 said:

kentred2 said:

razil said:

But we're losing about £5ma year so we need to produce more than a couple of youngsters a year to cover our running costs and pay for players to replace the sold youth. If you look at Southampton in the summer they cashed in on good young players, but could not replace them from within their academy, so had to shell out on new player replacements.

We don't have players that will bring in the type of money southamptons did and we don't the youth coming through that will command the fees we need.
    Across the network. Aim is the network clubs breaking even by cutting costs and not spending for points then player sales for his profit. My opinion from day 1 but getting more and more solid. Moving money between clubs must be part of it too. Lots of questions eg why was charltons books used to but peter the pole for st truiden
  • Kap10 said:

kentred2 said:

razil said:

You are absolutely right Kap!

I must say, I was dissapointed that the window didn't produce us a new number 9, but what those people who are crying out for RD to leave the club conveniently forget is that we are losing around £5 million a year and he is bankrolling it!
  • Also, for RD to say he is not bothered about winning, I find it very strange that we are now on our 4th manager in a year if that was the case!
  • Essex_Al said:

Also, for RD to say he is not bothered about winning, I find it very strange that we are now on our 4th manager in a year if that was the case!

I think that's because the other 3 would not play who they was told and nothing to do with winning. If so Riga would have been kept.
  • Its no real surprise that manager's heads roll either during or just after a transfer window,