Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimmy Stone on twitter...

Comments

• edited January 2016

PL54 said:

That was at least a 5 liner. And no I don't.

I simply offer a bit of crap on here.

There sorted it for you.
    Comedy genius / penis
  • Indeed it has often been said that I have a comedic penis
  • Fumbluff said:

I'd rather see a PL54 post than Colin1961.

Do you think we'll ever see a post from each at the same time?
    Multiple LOL's
  • PL54 said:

PL54 said:

He must spend a lot of time, whilst being employed by West Ham, gobbing off about Charlton. It'd annoy lots of The Furious on here if it was the other way 'round.

A very badly received interview from Richard Murray and someone having a pop at Jimmy Stone all in the same day. It must feel like your birthday!
    I don't think so, but I am still staggered by the amount of hate and tears about all this.

"I'm so angry I can hardly write / breath" etc.

Writing "Open letters" to the person who isn't going to read them but please slap my back and applaud my venting

This poster doesn't say the same as me - he must be mad / get a grip / head sand etc

It doesn't seem like grown up rational behaviour - and as for the sofa....
    Richard Murray reads Charlton Life you ignoramous.
  • Bit much asking other fans to 'do one'.

It's all a bit silly bickering with one another in this way, especially when the real problem is the owner, the board and the management team.
  • mogodon said:

PL54 said:

It's peculiar - I assume it's mostly grown adults with jobs, families, commitments, a life etc crying about something so relatively unimportant. Half of you want to go and support Welling, Notts County or Bromley by way of protest anyway. Yesterday's pro-protest article in the Evening Standard showed a picture of the protagonist selling his latest book and tonight it's a dirt-rag playing along with the Belgians to appease Spurs fans.

I find it all very funny.

I am pleased you derive amusement from people caring about something close to them.

People on CL have lives and families and know their priorities. That does not exclude them feeling passionately about a football club, nor from wanting to take a stand when they feel things are not going well. If you find it unimportant then that's fine. Go and spend time involved in something that is important to you. And yes, people on CL disagree with each other as well, but largely that is civil and light-hearted.

You find people are rude to you because you seem to have no other pleasure than winding them up and posting comments designed to piss people off. Your views are valid. The way you goad people just for the hell of it are not.
    Now you've really upset me.
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

mogodon said:

PL54 said:

It's peculiar - I assume it's mostly grown adults with jobs, families, commitments, a life etc crying about something so relatively unimportant. Half of you want to go and support Welling, Notts County or Bromley by way of protest anyway. Yesterday's pro-protest article in the Evening Standard showed a picture of the protagonist selling his latest book and tonight it's a dirt-rag playing along with the Belgians to appease Spurs fans.

I am pleased you derive amusement from people caring about something close to them.

People on CL have lives and families and know their priorities. That does not exclude them feeling passionately about a football club, nor from wanting to take a stand when they feel things are not going well. If you find it unimportant then that's fine. Go and spend time involved in something that is important to you. And yes, people on CL disagree with each other as well, but largely that is civil and light-hearted.

You find people are rude to you because you seem to have no other pleasure than winding them up and posting comments designed to piss people off. Your views are valid. The way you goad people just for the hell of it are not.
    Out of interest, and I'm not trying to dig you out or anything, could you explain why you are so happy with what is going on at Charlton? Genuine question, as I assume you are happy the way you keep having a go at those that aren't.
  • PL54 said:

mogodon said:

PL54 said:

Out of interest, and I'm not trying to dig you out or anything, could you explain why you are so happy with what is going on at Charlton? Genuine question, as I assume you are happy the way you keep having a go at those that aren't.
    He is a troll, simple.

• I'd rather see a PL54 post than Colin1961.

That's like saying I'd rather have hemeroids instead of gout.
    Or a dictionary.

PL54 said:

mogodon said:

PL54 said:

I have at no point offered an opinion on the goings on at the club; some bits post acquisition have been an improvement on the previous massive underinvestment but there are plenty of important bits which have not worked and they are shown in some of the recent results - in stark contrast to the results at the beginning of the season.

What I really find annoying is how some people think it really is a matter of life and death and the constant "I'm more upset than you" bullshit....let me write a letter....I'm so angry I could crush-a-grape stuff. Some perspective is required.

Sure, some people get all emotional and teary about the club and I love a good last minute winner and tunnel jump like anyone, but moaning about selling tickets to families in the West Stand - really ?....a sofa in the corner which doesn't matter one little bit...really ?...Calling the CEO a slut...Really ?...in the scheme of things ?

And what is the required outcome of the protest ? It is still not agreed and there are lots of different opinions, some of which are borne from personal agendas.

Keep the passion, lose the emotion.

• PL54 said:

Or a dictionary.

PL54 said:

mogodon said:

PL54 said:

I have at no point offered an opinion on the goings on at the club; some bits post acquisition have been an improvement on the previous massive underinvestment but there are plenty of important bits which have not worked and they are shown in some of the recent results - in stark contrast to the results at the beginning of the season.

What I really find annoying is how some people think it really is a matter of life and death and the constant "I'm more upset than you" bullshit....let me write a letter....I'm so angry I could crush-a-grape stuff. Some perspective is required.

Sure, some people get all emotional and teary about the club and I love a good last minute winner and tunnel jump like anyone, but moaning about selling tickets to families in the West Stand - really ?....a sofa in the corner which doesn't matter one little bit...really ?...Calling the CEO a slut...Really ?...in the scheme of things ?

And what is the required outcome of the protest ? It is still not agreed and there are lots of different opinions, some of which are borne from personal agendas.

Passion without emotion? That's an oxymoron.
  • PL54 said:

Or a dictionary.

PL54 said:

mogodon said:

PL54 said:

Change.

That may mean different things to different people, but ultimately it means change for the better.

The fact that many have their own idea of what needs to happen to effect that change is immaterial, there is one goal, and that is to improve upon what we have.
  • PL54 said:

Or a dictionary.

PL54 said:

mogodon said:

PL54 said:

Emotion gets in the way of rational thought - you can be passionate about something without getting all emotional
  • is there somewhere on this thread that tells me what Jimmy stone said on twitter ?
  • PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Or a dictionary.

PL54 said:

mogodon said:

PL54 said:

Emotion gets in the way of rational thought - you can be passionate about something without getting all emotional
    If you have no emotions towards something you clearly don't have a real passion for it tbh, passion is born through emotion.
  • lolwray said:

is there somewhere on this thread that tells me what Jimmy stone said on twitter ?

Just go here https://twitter.com/JimmyStone_ far quicker than rooting through the thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedPanda said:

PL 54 on his way to work this morning:

My hair is green
  • PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Or a dictionary.

PL54 said:

mogodon said:

PL54 said:

If you have no emotions towards something you clearly don't have a real passion for it tbh, passion is born through emotion.
    You should try it - it'd save kicking the cat every time the club say anything
  • PL54 said:

Or a dictionary.

PL54 said:

mogodon said:

PL54 said:

That's a moron.
  • PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Or a dictionary.

PL54 said:

mogodon said:

PL54 said:

Passion is an emotion.
  • Where's the PL54 of circa 3 years ago , he was much more chilled
  • lolwray said:

is there somewhere on this thread that tells me what Jimmy stone said on twitter ?

Just go here https://twitter.com/JimmyStone_ far quicker than rooting through the thread.
    thanks much appreciated ....i enjoyed that much better than the above

• Where's the PL54 of circa 3 years ago , he was much more chilled

He seems to have gotten all emotional...
  • Take out the "alone" and add a comma after the "leave" and you're bang on!

:-)