Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimmy Stone on twitter...

Comments

• edited February 2015
    PL54 said:

Jimmy Stone ‏@JimmyStone_ 8m8 minutes ago
    Among the many things forced on CP during the last few weeks of his time as #cafc manager was a sports psychologist favoured by RD. #cafc

Jimmy Stone ‏@JimmyStone_ 7m7 minutes ago
    After interviewing staff and players I was told by more than one person that he 'threw CP under the bus'. Good news - he's back. #cafc

Why is he putting that shit out at 1.30 in the morning ?
    Don't think anyone's responded to you mate, he's in New York.
  • Perhaps the latest information is simply a reaction to the latest events. If the psychologist is now being rushed back then the twitting is suitable for this moment, the post about Guy Luzon 'arm twisting' happened at his appointment/work permit time, not at a time that was unrelated to current affairs.
  • Assume Jimmy won't be wanting a reference from his previous employer then?

Whilst it doesn't make great reading the piece meal nature of what he is doing really irks.

It feels like someone with an ax to grind getting pissed and venting on Social Media.
  • I think it's all quite staged if I am honest might not sit well with some

But a few words on forums that breed a different opinion to that held by others and then outcomes a drip feed of info to reignite the fire,

Cheap and lousy and loses the message, causing damage to the source and it's credibility
  • edited February 2015

I agree I that I'd rather see a longer article as opposed to tweets.

But that MY preferred style but maybe not Jimmy's.

The tweet is by its nature short and of the moment so can give an instant take on a currently developing situation ie the trick cyclist has returned.

Not everyone is Grapevine : - ) or likes to read long articles especially on a PC or phone.

Carry on Jimmy

It may not be his preferred style, but what are we actually finding out here? These are basically sound bites which don't actually tell us much at all. At a time when people are calling for the club to communicate with the fans properly, we are seeing tweets from a former employee who clearly has some info yet isn't willing to share it fully. To me it just looks like shit stirring as he knows that many of the fans are unhappy. This type of thing leads to more speculation and the fans end up inventing more scenarios about what's going on. We need proper communication, from everyone who is willing to speak up. At least then we can build a more realistic picture of what's happening to the club.

I'd rather he said nothing at all than keep teasing us with these titbits.
  • edited February 2015

I agree I that I'd rather see a longer article as opposed to tweets.

But that MY preferred style but maybe not Jimmy's.

The tweet is by its nature short and of the moment so can give an instant take on a currently developing situation ie the trick cyclist has returned.

Not everyone is Grapevine : - ) or likes to read long articles especially on a PC or phone.

Carry on Jimmy

It may not be his preferred style, but what are we actually finding out here? These are basically sound bites which don't actually tell us much at all. At a time when people are calling for the club to communicate with the fans properly, we are seeing tweets from a former employee who clearly has some info yet isn't willing to share it fully. To me it just looks like shit stirring as he knows that many of the fans are unhappy. This type of thing leads to more speculation and the fans end up inventing more scenarios about what's going on. We need proper communication, from everyone who is willing to speak up. At least then we can build a more realistic picture of what's happening to the club.

I'd rather he said nothing at all than keep teasing us with these titbits.
    Unfortunately, free speech at CAFC was banned under Slater & Jimenez. Anyone doing so gets "taken out."
  • It's being orchestrated 100% it will be denied but there's a method behind it, all of it could have come out at the same time weeks ago
  • Sponsored links:

• I understand fully how twitter works, but without context or detail it's very difficult to ascertain whether this information even has any credibility. I'm not asking for a dossier on all of his experiences, but it would be nice if he would give some clarity to the few points that he has been compelled to tweet about.
  • anyway know if Jimmy will be at the meeting?

• It's being orchestrated 100% it will be denied but there's a method behind it, all of it could have come out at the same time weeks ago

How could this have come out weeks ago when clearly Jimmy has either just found out this new information, or it has only just happened.
  • the message is right the delivery flawed

Why? Jimmy tweeted some of his (well informed) thoughts last week. Now some new information has come to him and he has tweeted it as well.

Don't really understand all the shooting the messenger, conspiracy theories about how he delivers the message etc.

Seems very simple to me. Jimmy is a Charlton fan that used to work for the club. Like many of us, he doesn't like what is going on at the club. Unlike many of us, he actually has seen a lot of what we don't like at first hand, and is now he does not work for the club, is passing that info on.
    He's not claiming it's new information though. He's saying he knew at the time.

Why? Jimmy tweeted some of his (well informed) thoughts last week. Now some new information has come to him and he has tweeted it as well.

Don't really understand all the shooting the messenger, conspiracy theories about how he delivers the message etc.

Seems very simple to me. Jimmy is a Charlton fan that used to work for the club. Like many of us, he doesn't like what is going on at the club. Unlike many of us, he actually has seen a lot of what we don't like at first hand, and is now he does not work for the club, is passing that info on.
    But what is he passing on? The 'thrown under a bus' business just throws up more questions, as does the 'Duchatelet doesn't care about winning' tweet. These things do not tell us anything at all. I would encourage any kind of information sharing, but why does he have to be so cryptic?

Well not really. He clearly has just found out this psychologist is back at the club and has let us know.

But what is he passing on? The 'thrown under a bus' business just throws up more questions, as does the 'Duchatelet doesn't care about winning' tweet. These things do not tell us anything at all. I would encourage any kind of information sharing, but why does he have to be so cryptic?
    It's the quotes he is reporting that are "cryptic" (although the use of that word here is frankly ridiculous) not his tweets. Any elaboration on what RD has said to him in that instance would simply be his own opinion.

• Sponsored links:

It's the quotes he is reporting that are "cryptic" (although the use of that word here is frankly ridiculous) not his tweets. Any elaboration on what RD has said to him in that instance would simply be his own opinion.

As I've already stated, without context, these quotes are completely pointless, and it just looks like he is shit stirring in my opinion.

Well not really. He clearly has just found out this psychologist is back at the club and has let us know.
    But the knew the main part a year ago, i.e. that he was originally brought in to undermine Powell. Which is the only part anyone cares about.
  • edited February 2015

the message is right the delivery flawed

But the knew the main part a year ago, i.e. that he was originally brought in to undermine Powell. Which is the only part anyone cares about.
    Jimmy was working for Charlton until one month ago. The information is now relevant again now that the psychologist is back at the club.

Struggling to understand how that is cryptic. Seems perfectly obvious to me what Jimmy is telling us.

-This psychologist joined the club as another trusted advisor to RD, he obviously reported back to RD about Powell which only helped further undermine Powell eventually leading to his sacking.

-Said psychologist is now back at the club.
  • edited February 2015

Struggling to understand how that is cryptic. Seems perfectly obvious to me what Jimmy is telling us.

-This psychologist joined the club as another trusted advisor to RD, he obviously reported back to RD about Powell which only helped further undermine Powell eventually leading to his sacking.

And the 'thrown under a bus' part? There is nothing obvious about that at all.
  • edited February 2015

And the 'thrown under a bus' part? There is nothing obvious about that at all.
    He's sharing the general impression of a number of staff after they met with the guy. Maybe he doesn't think it right to go into details of how that occurred as it isn't his information to share. The general impression that this guy undermined Powell is the important info surely, not going into exact detail about how he did.
  • We're going around in circles it seems, I've stated exactly why I think context is important here. I'll just leave it :smile: