Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trust Calls Public Meeting of Fans - Woolwich Grand Theatre – Wed 18th Feb 7.30pm

Comments

• "Tonight was exactly what I expected. Big turnout of numbers (and that should not be played down in any way) of disenchanted people, but no singular approach and reason of why they are disenchanted and what should collectively be done about it."

So bar getting numbers together, what was the point?
  • Pleased i went, no masterplan tonight, but good to hear the different views.
    The pro Roland folk missed a trick tonight, you could have got your views across and you would have been applauded, mainly for having the bottle to speak.
    still don't worry you can go back to being keyboard warriors.

Some CL love to have a pop at Airman, you would have been disappointed tonight
    he didn't say we should storm his two chalets but keep on trying to put our points across for now.

The 71 year old chap who said we should by pass Katrien to get to Roland, by email or text or paper plane made a good case.

Covered end said we would have more chance with Murray than Katrien to get our message across.

Steve Dixon was very ani the network of clubs, and another couple of guys said they would rather us be in League 2 as long as we had a charlton fan/fans in charge. ? that would mean i would have to turn up and want us to lose,

sorry guys that not in my DNA to do that. But i do understand the sentiment.

Are all pro RD keyboard warriors then?
  • I thought it was a good meeting. I expect Roland will improve communication as a result of it, although I don't expect it to be very reliable. It's going to be interesting to see what the next step will be if things don't improve.
  • stonemuse said:

Proposed that the Trust takes on lead role in dialogue with club.

And the trust have been told by KM that she doesn't believe in you.

I think I've got this now, this is the trust's way of saying look at us, look at how important we are & we've but on a big meeting - added to the ego trip from disgruntled ex employees and it all makes sense
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015
  • stonemuse said:

Proposed that the Trust takes on lead role in dialogue with club.

And the trust have been told by KM that she doesn't believe in you.

I think I've got this now, this is the trust's way of saying look at us, look at how important we are & we've but on a big meeting - added to the ego trip from disgruntled ex employees and it all makes sense
    Did you go last night Ultra ? If so I'm surprised you could have come away with that opinion.
  • Don't mean to be cynical but having followed the event on this site and Twitter, it seems like all that was achieved was a platform for the usual suspects to play politician. I just hope that this doesn't drive a bigger wedge between supporters and the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't mean to be cynical but having followed the event on this site and Twitter, it seems like all that was achieved was a platform for the usual suspects to play politician. I just hope that this doesn't drive a bigger wedge between supporters and the club.

As that is the complete opposite of the desired objective, it's unlikely.

If you were there, you would have seen that was not the case. Sure there were some prepared speakers, but actually, there were some very articulate views/speeches from the general fans. Whilst I have respect for the guys at the front, it was the views coming from the floor that moved me most, because these were heartfelt opinions from the average supporter.
  • Some photos of the event.
    Just a small selection. more will be on the trust site late today........please click on them to expand
  • ^^

404 Not Found

Pics not working.
  • cant access any of those pics
  • razil said:

"Tonight was exactly what I expected. Big turnout of numbers (and that should not be played down in any way) of disenchanted people, but no singular approach and reason of why they are disenchanted and what should collectively be done about it."

perhaps you should have come along?
    maybe he didn't have the means to razil
  • An impassioned speech by Rick, BUT...

However others may feel, (and I am not going down the "disgruntled employee" route) he needs to take a step back.

There is an animosity there (not necessarily from his viewpoint) that will drive a wedge between the club and the fans if he remains so vociferous.
  • razil said:

"Tonight was exactly what I expected. Big turnout of numbers (and that should not be played down in any way) of disenchanted people, but no singular approach and reason of why they are disenchanted and what should collectively be done about it."

perhaps you should have come along?
    Why not answer the question?

Anyway, pleased that it seems it didn't get hi-jacked by a more militant sect.

But as Falconwood_1 has said Having read this thread I still don't get the point.

The club have already told you where the lines of communication are, but seemingly that isn't good enough so you are going to continue (maybe, because it doesn't appear to be confirmed anywhere) to bang your heads against a Roland sized brickwall. Sorry, but no amount of "tub thumping" is going to bring him to the table.

So I ask the same question, what was the point?