Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Milos Veljkovic signs on loan until end of 14/15 season***

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    seth plum said:

Who is his agent?

@johnboy probably
  • Options
    When he was at 'Boro he spent a lot of time on the bench watching the 'Boro C D pair of Ayala and Gibson, one of, if not the best pair in the division .. he'll have learnt a lot from that as well as from the totally 'with it' 'Boro management and coaching staff
  • Options
    Good luck BDL and all other announcers reading out the teams.
  • Options
    Boro’s teenage loan star Milos Veljkovic was “the best player on the pitch” against Ipswich, according to head coach Aitor Karanka.

The versatile Spurs midfielder replaced Kenneth Omeruo shortly after the hour mark at Portman Road, and caught the eye of the Boro boss.

The 19-year-old has had to be patient since arriving at the Riverside in October, and has been restricted to only two substitute appearances to date.

His Boro bow came during the 5-1 demolition of Millwall, and that was followed by a 30-minute cameo in Saturday’s defeat.

With Veljkovic’s loan deal set to expire next month, Karanka again refused to be drawn on whether the Serbian or Chelsea goalkeeper Jamal Blackman will be extending their stay on Teesside.

“I know what I want to do but I haven’t spoken to the players and I need to speak with them,” Karanka said.

“I am very happy with both of them. Jamal has been unlucky because he’s had a few injuries.

“I am very pleased with Milos. I felt he was the best player on the pitch in the last game.

“He went onto the pitch at a difficult time and he showed everyone he is a mature player, even though he is only 19 years old.”

With Blackman’s only Boro appearance coming in the Capital One Cup shootout defeat to Liverpool, his future on Teesside appears far from certain.

But Karanka’s recent praise for Veljkovic could suggest he has a part to play at Boro, if Spurs agree to an extension.

The Serbian’s stay in the North-east could depend on the return of Rhys Williams, who will provide Boro with another option in the central positions.

The Australian has been out since January with a serious Achilles injury.
  • Options
    Asked two Spurs fans at work about him. Received a collective shrug and an 'oh yeah, I think he played for our first team a couple of times. Defender?' Obviously a well thought of prospect over there.
  • Options
    Who's idea to sign him have we got any one in charge at the moment
  • Options

surprised Spurs are allowing a youngster to join us at the moment,what with all the negativity surrounding our club.

Yeah.
    They usually wait for the euphoric days in SE7. Like when we got obika and parrett.
  • Options
    I'd forgotten about Dean Parrett.
  • Options
    Jon Obika - christ, he was awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'd forgotten about Dean Parrett.

easily done

• Options
    Alan McDonald was alright for us on loan at 18. Let's this lad has the same impact.
  • Options

I thought we had a very good young central defender called Gomez - this is crap news

He'll probably play in midfield in the "Coquelin" role.
    then he should have the number 12 shirt
    Ray Kennedy Arsenal & Liverpool used to wear the number 5 shirt Lancs in midfield later on in his career .
  • Options

Asked two Spurs fans at work about him. Received a collective shrug and an 'oh yeah, I think he played for our first team a couple of times. Defender?' Obviously a well thought of prospect over there.

Sound like typical armchair fans to me.
    One of them's a season ticket holder actually. I suppose when you support a club that can actually afford to buy players with feet you spend less time poring over the academy than we do. I'm hoping that's the case anyway as otherwise he clearly hasn't stuck out as one for the future.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

All this doom and gloom.

How well known was Coquelin when we signed him? He turned out ok and everybody would like him back.

Why not give this player a chance? If we'd signed Messi every one would be grumbling why not Ronaldo.

Dead right. Ronaldo is taller.
  • Options
    for anyone who's interested, i actually have Katrien's email address should you like to send her a letter to explain how we all feel. might want to send her a list's of Do and Don't when signing players as well as its quite clear they have no bloody idea in how to add strength in depth!
  • Options
    At least he's very experienced and we've tied him down to a nice long contract so when he keeps us up we can move onwards and upwards next season.

:smile:
  • Options
    I actually couldn't care less that we've signed this guy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isn't milo one of the Tweenies
  • Options
    I would like to see Gomez play centre back and Cousins defensive midfielder. Not sure how this guy will fit in in either position without stunting the development of one of our own. He will have to be very good to get in the starting 11 - and I am quite amazed at that statement myself!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    CAFCDAZ said:

for anyone who's interested, i actually have Katrien's email address should you like to send her a letter to explain how we all feel. might want to send her a list's of Do and Don't when signing players as well as its quite clear they have no bloody idea in how to add strength in depth!

wait is it katrien.meire@cafc.com(or .co.uk) damn you're so lucky to privy to that sort of info!
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I would like to see Gomez play centre back and Cousins defensive midfielder. Not sure how this guy will fit in in either position without stunting the development of one of our own. He will have to be very good to get in the starting 11 - and I am quite amazed at that statement myself!

Cousins could do with a rest for a start, or at least some cover. Gomez at the moment is mainly playing at RB
  • Options

Actually I have heard from a reasonably interesting source that we are seriously looking outside the network and in the UK. It will be interesting to see if this is the case here, or not. Based on the tweets it seems most likely to be Vejlkovic, though, who sounds like a decent young player.

If we are looking outside the network it needs to be for permanent singings. And fast. i.e this month.
  • Options
    Just what we need, another relatively unknown bench warmer.
  • Options
    Welcome.

Maybe the success of Coqulin made Spurs more favourably at the idea of loaning him to us.

Do Spurs have any others like Harry Kane hanging around their squad not getting games.
  • Options
    Seeing as he replaced Paulie(nho) and Sandro in the two Spud matches I guess he's more a holding midfielder than a defender in their eyes.
  • Options
    So our CEO isn't even using a CAFC email address. This is outrageous.

Where might I ask did you get her private email? Don't say plenty of fish. If you have obtained it from an unofficial source, I'd be very careful about emailing her.