Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Milos Veljkovic signs on loan until end of 14/15 season***

Comments

• Options
    Providing he's any good, this would be a starting line-up I would like to see? ...

----------GK*----------
    Solly---TBH--Bikey---Wiggins
    --------Veljkovic--------
    ----Cousins---Jackson-----
    ------Gudmundsson-------
    -----Watt-----Vetokele-----

*Who knows out of Dmitrovic and Etheridge?! (Well, Ben Roberts I suppose!)

• Options

Providing he's any good, this would be a starting line-up I would like to see? ...

----------GK*----------
    ------Gudmundsson-------

Not a bad team.. I'd quite like a 4-2-3-1 with

......Velj..Cousins
    Gud Vetokele Harriott
    ............watt

Velj holding, cousins going box to box but dropping in front of defense when it's needed.
    igor has the pace to come from deeper and I believe he spent some time on the wing a couple years back so should be able to adapt to that role.. We may just find he is more effective there!

This would give us a strong defensive base with plenty of pace to hit on the break!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Just another 5 or 6 to go to replace the junk we already have at the moment.
  • Options
    Well, this time last year we welcomed a certain 19 year old into the team who went on to become our player of the year. Let's hope, no pray, that young Milos can have the same impact.
  • Options
    Who decided to sign him - Luzon? Chapple? Matthew? RD?
  • Options

The cynicism in this thread is heart-breaking.

I notice you leave out "and not justified".
  • Options

I'd forgotten about Dean Parrett.

I think we'd all like to forget about Dean Parrett. And Frank Nouble.
  • Options
    Good spurs sauce told me he was getting rave reviews as a CB. Most promising young CB at the lane since Stephen caulker was the view.

Think he has good potential, whether it's what this team needs at the moment remains to be seen.

Good luck to him in his efforts to immediately perform in the CDM position we so badly need at the moment.
  • Options

He's tall, he's ugly and he's not from Belgium or that bloody Dudu network.

That's good enough for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

----------GK*----------
    ------Gudmundsson-------

I think JJ in the starting eleven is a ship that has sailed.
  • Options

I think we all know, it isn't haRD to guess.

• Options

----------GK*----------
    ------Gudmundsson-------

......Velj..Cousins
    Gud Vetokele Harriott
    ............watt

Velj holding, cousins going box to box but dropping in front of defense when it's needed.
    igor has the pace to come from deeper and I believe he spent some time on the wing a couple years back so should be able to adapt to that role.. We may just find he is more effective there!

This would give us a strong defensive base with plenty of pace to hit on the break!
    An interesting concept, I like the idea of Vetokele coming deep and maybe using his pace to run at defences, however I am not really sure he has the passing ability to play what would effectively be a 'number 10' role.
  • Options
    Where's @JohnBoyUK the Spurs fan?
  • Options

----------GK*----------
    ------Gudmundsson-------

I think JJ in the starting eleven is a ship that has sailed.
    Rather him than Buyens any day.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Why do you never quote people correctly?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Granpa said:

Why do you never quote people correctly?
    Age might have something to do with it, speaking from my experience with Technophobia Stu. Gramps just needs to get his Grandson to give him a tutorial on which buttons to push. :wink:
  • Options
    If he can do for us what Poyet did last year, then that'll be good enough for me. Welcome aboad. A youngster with a lot to prove certainly worth a try
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addicted said:

I dont get it, how does this improve our team?

Erm, he'll give you some bite. Have seen him play several times for the development squad (U21s). Will be interesting to see where you play him as Spurs play him both in midfield and the back four in the development squad but he plays predominantly as a centre-back for the Serbian U21 team.

He's decent on the ball though. His strengths are his passing and anticipation. He keeps the ball nicely ticking over in the middle. Pretty much like Bentaleb does for Pochettino. He's not as quick as Bentaleb though.

But dont get too carried away. Think this will be only his second loan spell without checking.

I noticed his loan spell at 'Boro had ended and I'd half expected him to be part of the first team squad if the rumours that Kaboul is to be off loaded are true, with the way Pochettino has integrated Kane, Mason, Bentaleb this season.

He's highly rated.

Do Spurs have any others like Harry Kane hanging around their squad not getting games.

Harry Winks and Josh Onomah have just made their debuts for the first team. Can see both of them going out on loan to get some game time in the near future. Think Pochettino would be looking to send out Alex Pritchard on loan to a PL team before not too long now his loan at Brentford seems to be paying dividends.

If you want any more info, @windycoys on Twitter is the man to talk to. He writes a youth/U18s/U21s and loans column for The Fighting Cock fanzine. He's seens a large number of games at the training ground and he'll give you an honest appraisal.
  • Options
    We already have a team full of youngsters "worth a try". What we needs is dependable experience.

I'm not saying he's shite, and I'll be backing him on the pitch and attempting to sing whatever song we manage to cram his name into (almost fits into scatman).

But we've got a torn ACL and Roland's grabbed a plaster from the first aid kit.
  • Options

Where's @JohnBoyUK the Spurs fan?

I'm here! Only just got back to the office this morning after a 5 day break!

• Options
    Harry Winks? Ace name.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    cafcfan said:

Good spurs sauce

• Options
    Chuck the lad straight into the team for Saturday.
    U21 captain, must have something about him, he'll do a better job than jacko
  • Options

Lets cut the lad some slack, make him feel welcomed and supported and who knows he might flourish.

...AND THEN slag him off?
  • Options

----------GK*----------
    ------Gudmundsson-------

......Velj..Cousins
    Gud Vetokele Harriott
    ............watt

Can I please have some of whatever you're on? Such optimism would be a great relief.
  • Options

----------GK*----------
    ------Gudmundsson-------

......Velj..Cousins
    Gud Vetokele Harriott
    ............watt

Can I please have some of whatever you're on? Such optimism would be a great relief.
    Didn't think I was being that optimistic... just what I would do if I was picking the team...