Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Milos Veljkovic signs on loan until end of 14/15 season***

Comments

• Options

Actually I have heard from a reasonably interesting source that we are seriously looking outside the network and in the UK. It will be interesting to see if this is the case here, or not. Based on the tweets it seems most likely to be Vejlkovic, though, who sounds like a decent young player.

Around this time last year (or perhaps early February) a very well placed source said we would get two or three loans from the FAPL to see us through the season...and the rest is history as they say.
    Luzon would be nuts to take us on without a guarantee of more quality in midfield and upfront! And after last week, I think it's asking way too much of the fan base to be drip fed rumours of signings.
    We need a win and a decent signing asap. The simple fact is the club should have been looking in December so as to line up a deal by now. The way we're going it's going to be a lot harder to get a deal across the line simply because we are no longer in touching distance of the top eight. That moment has gone.
    "Seriously looking outside the network and in the UK" doesn't mean anything to me until names, rumours and signings show up.
    Ahem

Signing : Vejlkovic
    Rumour: Fortune

I'm so fed up with these glass half empty people constantly slagging the club off and not seeing the bigger picture

:-)
    how can you judge glass half empty when you have never seen him play?

give GHE a chance, he will come good.
  • Options

Providing he's any good, this would be a starting line-up I would like to see? ...

----------GK*----------
    Solly---TBH--Bikey---Wiggins
    --------Veljkovic--------
    ----Cousins---Jackson-----
    ------Gudmundsson-------
    -----Watt-----Vetokele-----

*Who knows out of Dmitrovic and Etheridge?! (Well, Ben Roberts I suppose!)

Not a bad team.. I'd quite like a 4-2-3-1 with

......Velj..Cousins
    Gud Vetokele Harriott
    ............watt

Velj holding, cousins going box to box but dropping in front of defense when it's needed.
    igor has the pace to come from deeper and I believe he spent some time on the wing a couple years back so should be able to adapt to that role.. We may just find he is more effective there!

This would give us a strong defensive base with plenty of pace to hit on the break!
    Can I please have some of whatever you're on? Such optimism would be a great relief.
    Didn't think I was being that optimistic... just what I would do if I was picking the team...
    Were you interviewed? I think you should have been! I'm not knocking optimism just rueing that I don't have any myself right now.
  • Options

Providing he's any good, this would be a starting line-up I would like to see? ...

----------GK*----------
    Solly---TBH--Bikey---Wiggins
    --------Veljkovic--------
    ----Cousins---Jackson-----
    ------Gudmundsson-------
    -----Watt-----Vetokele-----

*Who knows out of Dmitrovic and Etheridge?! (Well, Ben Roberts I suppose!)

Not a bad team.. I'd quite like a 4-2-3-1 with

......Velj..Cousins
    Gud Vetokele Harriott
    ............watt

Velj holding, cousins going box to box but dropping in front of defense when it's needed.
    igor has the pace to come from deeper and I believe he spent some time on the wing a couple years back so should be able to adapt to that role.. We may just find he is more effective there!

This would give us a strong defensive base with plenty of pace to hit on the break!
    Can I please have some of whatever you're on? Such optimism would be a great relief.
    Didn't think I was being that optimistic... just what I would do if I was picking the team...
    Were you interviewed? I think you should have been! I'm not knocking optimism just rueing that I don't have any myself right now.

CAFCDAZ said:

Dazzler21 said:

CAFCDAZ said:

for anyone who's interested, i actually have Katrien's email address should you like to send her a letter to explain how we all feel. might want to send her a list's of Do and Don't when signing players as well as its quite clear they have no bloody idea in how to add strength in depth!

wait is it katrien.meire@cafc.com(or .co.uk) damn you're so lucky to privy to that sort of info!
    Actually no it wasn't Dazzler21, although being quite a generic email address that is monitored by IT at the club, chances are your email wouldn't reach her inbox, no i actually have her personal hotmail account email.
    @CAFCDAZ‌ no posting of personal emails please, ta
    no problem, sorry didnt realise that was a nogo.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Well, this time last year we welcomed a certain 19 year old into the team who went on to become our player of the year. Let's hope, no pray, that young Milos can have the same impact.

The way Coquelin was playing, if he had continued at that level for the season and stayed at Charlton, he was shaping up for candidate for player of the season.

Milos looks like a promising player but Charlton still need at least 2 quality players added to the team to secure a Championship place. One of those should be a creative attacking midfielder. Milos is not that. Good luck to him and all that.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Lets cut the lad some slack, make him feel welcomed and supported and who knows he might flourish.

Where's the fun in that? Let's just boo him everytime he touches the ball. In fact lets boo him when his name is read out in his debut.

Seriously, good luck to him. Hopefully he'll do a job and lift a bit of doom and gloom.
  • Options
    Milos may be the Diego Poyet type player we need to get us going again!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's the midfield INFRONT of CDM we are missing, essentially with JJ JC & YB they were all playing a somewhat defensive roll, a lot of Championship teams load up midfield with box to box midfielders and in that they can control the game. Because they don't lack numbers going forward, or back to retrieve it

Could one of Jackson or Cousins become one of those forward thinking players though with a competent holding player behind them? I suppose there's Moussa too if he ever gets himself fit.
  • Options
    So he's either a complete waste of time and amother example of RD's euroconspiracy to bring English football to it's knees, starting with Charlton, like you do, OR he is going to turn around a team of older more experienced demoralised players with his Premier league magic balls. Sorry. Boots.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

It's the midfield INFRONT of CDM we are missing, essentially with JJ JC & YB they were all playing a somewhat defensive roll, a lot of Championship teams load up midfield with box to box midfielders and in that they can control the game. Because they don't lack numbers going forward, or back to retrieve it

Could one of Jackson or Cousins become one of those forward thinking players though with a competent holding player behind them? I suppose there's Moussa too if he ever gets himself fit.
    Cousins could but it'd take a fair a lot of adapting, considering he's been playing on the left in the middle and all over the place, he'd be marked in a completely different way pushing up in their half centrally. JJ I'm not too sure, as Gerrard has done seemingly the older he's got the further he's dropped understandably. We need some fresh faces in CM or this struggle won't end IMO. Gudmundsson is the ideal sort of player IF you have a strong midfield to support him, what usually happens is when he collects the ball he's low on options, low on overlapping runs and similar.

As Coquelin showed (who's a CDM mould), he's a Premier League asset (and we were bloody luck to get him) but did our results improve? No. Not at all. So I'm not too sure why we're doing the same here. I think the managing/coaching/scouting staff are thinking if we improve defensively our results will improve but I don't think that's the case, I think we need to strengthen our core and in that it'll give Bikey & TBH a bit more confidence and the strikers also, because they'll essentially get more space/chances. Centre park is crucial and ours is terrible at this level no offence to JC, JJ and co.
  • Options
    Franck Moussa what a steaming pile of dogshite of a purchase he has been...
  • Options
    Would have been interesting to see how things had turned out if Moussa had been fit and had been playing upfront with Igor all season.

I think his style of play suited our early season passing game better than George.

But it wasn't to be. Maybe it was the injury but he didn't impress that much when he did play.

Injuries and suspensions. Who'd have thought that might happen? : - )
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Would have been interesting to see how things had turned out if Moussa had been fit and had been playing upfront with Igor all season.

I think his style of play suited our early season passing game better than George.

But it wasn't to be. Maybe it was the injury but he didn't impress that much when he did play.

Agreed he never set the world alight but he wasn't afraid to get on the ball and run at defenders. Where he was lacking was his decision making and when to release it. A big pile of a Dog Poo is a bit OTT though.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Agreed he never set the world alight but he wasn't afraid to get on the ball and run at defenders. Where he was lacking was his decision making and when to release it. A big pile of a Dog Poo is a bit OTT though.
    Yep correct Red
    Always tried to be positive on the ball, did not always come off but deserves a run when fit.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

Franck Moussa what a steaming pile of dogshite of a purchase he has been...

Eh? Free transfer mate and he's been injured for ages with not that many full 90 mins under his belt to judge him on but let's not let the facts get in the way of another character assassination. :wink:
    Have I slated the man in anyway? No but his injuries have rendered him a total waste of money.

This to me makes him a steaming pile of dog shite of an acquisition. If I had said he was a steaming pile of dog shite of a player, then fair enough!

Also Free Transfers often get heavy loaded sign on fees, so don't kid yourself that he was free!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks, Spurs_Dave. Really enjoyed reading that.

• Options
    He looked very composed on the ball. Looked like he has been playing professionally for a long time. I think his going to be the calm head like Diego Poyet was last year.
  • Options
    Thanks Spurs Dave.
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing him Saturday
  • Options
    what happens with loan players who get injured? are we stuck with them or can we send them back?
  • Options
    braydex said:

what happens with loan players who get injured? are we stuck with them or can we send them back?

They normally go back to their parent clubs for treatment if there doesn't seem to be a chance that they will play for us again.
  • Options
    We're destined to not have a holding player this season. Poyet's up for loan...
  • Options
    Massive blow...only real CDM we have... need to get a replacement on loan.. He was effective in screening the back four and dropping in to allow the full backs forward.. or play cousins on that role...