Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Matthew and Roberts back in charge at Charlton as Luzon misses out on work permit

Comments

• edited January 2015
    This is on one of the advice sites, relating to Tier 2 visas for elite sports people. To be clear, posting it is not intended as a criticism of GL's English, just information that could be relevant.

http://www.skillclear.co.uk/uk/tier-2-visa-sports-people.asp

English Language
    You will usually be required to demonstrate that you can communicate effectively in English. This requirement can be met by being a Citizen of certain English-speaking countries, holding a suitable degree-level qualification that was taught in English or holding a qualifying English Language test to the required standard. You might also be exempt if you are in the UK with certain visas.
  • Re the thread linked above regarding work permit rules, and also the notion of UEFA pro-licence.
    Am I right in thinking that a UEFA licence is only required in the Premier League in English Football? Is it a requirement in the championship, alternatively is it a requirement by the Home Office in order to qualify for a work permit under the rules?
    If having a UEFA pro licence is significant, does anybody know whether Guy Luzon has a UEFA licence, or a coaching licence that is recognised as equivalent?
  • Looks like it's back to the day job Guy

• Saw this theory earlier tonight that this may be a cover up because the player have vented their disappointment of Luzon's appointment and even refusing to play. Just something I have seen and not my words.
  • edited January 2015
    Song for Saturday? "Que sera sera....whatever will be will be....

Saw this theory earlier tonight that this may be a cover up because the player have vented their disappointment of Luzon's appointment and even refusing to play. Just something I have seen and not my words.

Oh wonderful! This just gets better and better! FFS
  • Saw this theory earlier tonight that this may be a cover up because the player have vented their disappointment of Luzon's appointment and even refusing to play. Just something I have seen and not my words.

Bollox. That is made up rubbish. Maybe not by you but you're perpetuating it. Fantasy.

If that's the case, I'm taking my boots tomorrow.

• Did I really just read this? Well at least heel have another week to train before his first game
  • Addickted said:

Saw this theory earlier tonight that this may be a cover up because the player have vented their disappointment of Luzon's appointment and even refusing to play. Just something I have seen and not my words.

If that's the case, I'm taking my boots tomorrow.

Mine I think are in the garage if not my waldrobe. But they are moulded studs and I'll probably have to borrow screw ins because of the pitch. Surely there will be a spare of size 8 boots with screw in studs going.
  • Sponsored links:

• Size 8?

Bound to fail the Charlton height test.

RD would probably just get rid of the players in that situation, so I doubt it.

Jeez Airman, give it a rest.
  • It might snow at the weekend and we might not have to go to school on Monday!

Dream on boys & girls.
  • edited January 2015
    Valley11 said:

Bollox. That is made up rubbish. Maybe not by you but you're perpetuating it. Fantasy.
    Don't shoot the messenger Valley11.
  • Come on then....where did you hear that? What makes it credible enough for you to think it worth being the 'messenger'?
  • Facebook I think
  • edited January 2015
    Seems there is something called a Super Premium Service in which they will process the application on the same day and come and collect all the documentation for a £6,000 fee, although you have to make an appointment.

Jeez Airman, give it a rest.
    I'm quite serious about that. No owner would or could allow the players to overturn a manager/coach appointment before he'd started, however bonkers it was. The point isn't specific to RD.

Good. I hope it's true.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he doesn't get the work permit he might have to throw those publicity photo's away.

I doubt this somehow. If the Home Office are getting a barrage of nonsense on Twitter over a decision that they haven't actually made I suspect the truth would come out pretty quickly.
  • Who is to know if the team for Watford is unofficially chosen by Luzon?

• colin1961 said:

Let's be honest he was not picking the team tomorrow anyway. He can still be there

"He can still be there" yeah, on a bloody tourist visa !
  • se9addick said:

colin1961 said:

Let's be honest he was not picking the team tomorrow anyway. He can still be there

"He can still be there" yeah, on a bloody tourist visa !
    I have a spare if he needs a ticket :)

• Matt Wright ‏@mattjobob 1h1 hour ago
    People talk about 4 managers in 12 months, but 3 HR managers in 2 years can hardly help either. Especially when you need a work permit #cafc

Jimmy Stone ‏@JimmyStone_ 5m5 minutes ago
    Considering he's been twisting Roland's arm over the #cafc job for weeks I'm amazed Luzon's work permit hasn't been sorted yet #cafc

Jimmy Stone ‏@JimmyStone_ 3m3 minutes ago
    On the other hand at least two respected #cafc men are in charge tomorrow. Wish Ben, Damo and the lads all the best.

Very very telling. Especially from jimmy, who always sounds like an honest guy (strange you can get that just from a guys voice). Luzon sounds like a prick if that's true.