Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Matthew and Roberts back in charge at Charlton as Luzon misses out on work permit

Comments

• He'll soon have his permit .. but the whole affair is embarrassing and amateurish
  • vffvff
    edited January 2015
    Luzon will in all probability get a work permit. Though I would be happy if he didn't.

The whole thing is a bit symptomatic of the half arsed and not properly thought through way that business is done at the club. It is likely due to a lack of coherent and effective communication and disconnect between management and employees. These people do not inspire confidence.
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

@Rothko @Clem_Snide @Swisdom so what is the normal length of time to gain a work permit? You all appear to be well informed.

When you say that an FAPL club would have had this sorted out quickly, are you implying that money smoothes the path of a work permit? That's a pretty serious allegation, if so.

You are presumptuous about your fellow Lifers to assume that their reaction is part of a witch hunt against Katrien. Personally I would be surprised to learn that a work permit would normally be processed in less than a working week. Perhaps Katrien counted on that, but suddenly found she was in a situation where she had rather less than a week.

Steady on - I am absolutely not insinuating bribes take place - but players and coaches move around all the time and visa issues are as rare as a rocking horse poo.

Riga was straightforward, Peeters, Kiala, Meire numerous players. Why should this be so drastically different. But it is and it's being used as a stick to beat the club with again.
    All European citizens though.
    Reza
    Tal Ben Haim

I think Reza had a Dutch passport and TBH is a regular International player who has been resident in the UK for 10 years.

If he was a player I doubt if Luzon would qualify for a permit. He was only employed in Belgium for 18 months and his only International experience is U21.
  • Below, some key points from @Oakster's useful post:

your employment will develop your sport in the UK at the highest level

You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

On that basis I see no grounds for claiming the Home Office has fessed up.

On that basis, is it possible the club applied for his visa more than a few days ago? I.e. before Peeters was sacked?
  • @Rothko @Clem_Snide @Swisdom so what is the normal length of time to gain a work permit? You all appear to be well informed.

When you say that an FAPL club would have had this sorted out quickly, are you implying that money smoothes the path of a work permit? That's a pretty serious allegation, if so.

You are presumptuous about your fellow Lifers to assume that their reaction is part of a witch hunt against Katrien. Personally I would be surprised to learn that a work permit would normally be processed in less than a working week. Perhaps Katrien counted on that, but suddenly found she was in a situation where she had rather less than a week.

I think the problem was that they had not set up the chap as a replacement before sacking Bob.

Bit tin pot organisation really. Any club worth its salt has someone lined up before sacking their manager - especially in the transfer window.
  • edited January 2015
    Good point, Red Robin.

Reza probably has a Dutch passport = EU Citizen.

And TBH would have been granted his UK work permit years ago and renewed regularly.

• Oggy Red said:

Good point, Red Robin.

Reza probably has a Dutch passport = EU Citizen.

And TBH would have been granted his UK work permit years ago and renewed regularly.

OK for you Swisdom?
  • I thought the pantomime season was over......
  • Sponsored links:

• Posting without reading but on what basis can it simply be assumed that he would qualify for a work permit? He's a football manager with a modest CV, not one of the world's leading brain surgeons.
  • Absolute farce.

I'm beginning to think RD is intentionally making us even more of a laughing stock off the field than we are on it.
  • Posting without reading but on what basis can it simply be assumed that he would qualify for a work permit? He's a football manager with a modest CV, not one of the world's leading brain surgeons.

Exactly, @kap10 early on reminded us of Christiano Bolanos, whom we saw in action in Brazil. We couldn't get a permit for him.
  • Oh no, we might be forced to employ a British manager!! What a travesty.
  • NYA makes a good point. Taking a quick look at the list of club managers I reckon only the following are non-EU or British citizens:

Pellegrini
    Pochettino
    Jokanović (potential Spanish passport).

And that is it. It ain't many and Luzon on paper is far less qualified than the other 3.
  • Oh no, we might be forced to employ a British manager!! What a travesty.

Only if we pull out of the EU otherwise we are being forced to employ a mangager only from the EU
  • NYA makes a good point. Taking a quick look at the list of club managers I reckon only the following are non-EU or British citizens:

Pellegrini
    Pochettino
    Jokanović (potential Spanish passport).

And that is it. It ain't many and Luzon on paper is far less qualified than the other 3.

Pellegrini and Pochettino may have Spanish passports too. Both worked there long enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do people now think we might actually have a chance of beating Watford now?
  • Do you reckon they suspect he is a terrorist?

We only want a manager.
  • EU residence rights are after 5 years. I'm not sure if that's continuous in one country; thought it was. So Pochettino would have got it as a player years ago at Espanyol. Tal Ben Haim must have struggled through to it arounnd his Pompey days. Belgium was always said to be very easy to get a work permit, hence Arsenal used to get their players there first.
  • Heaven help him when he tries to get the Eurostar at Ebbsfleet !!
  • Doh, I'm too late.

Back to jokes on Twitter for me !