Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Matthew and Roberts back in charge at Charlton as Luzon misses out on work permit

Comments

• Spookily I am looking at an ad in the middle of this thread. It says

" EEA family permit for the UK"

Seriously.
  • Spookily I am looking at an ad in the middle of this thread. It says

" EEA family permit for the UK"

Seriously.

That's how paid adverts on t'internet work, Prague. The thought police are looking at you and it's all AFKA's fault.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

So let me get this right, your owner 'sacks' a manager, re-employs him at his other club...and now he hasnt qualified for a work permit?

Words fails me. Seriously, WTF is going on at your club now?!

No-one knows.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

So let me get this right, your owner 'sacks' a manager, re-employs him at his other club...and now he hasnt qualified for a work permit?

I wish I knew, it has turned into a Circus, with Meire and Duchatelet as the clowns.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

No, it just hasn't been issued yet. But if it does actually get rejected, which isn't beyond the bounds of possibility given what various people have posted about the visa requirements, that'd be immensely embarrassing.
  • vffvff
    edited January 2015
    JohnBoyUK said:

Rearrange these words for the answer - brewery piss up a organise in couldn't
  • What is it with Charlton and work permits? Do these ever get denied anywhere else in football (other than on Football Manager)? This is the third time for us now isn't it? Alex and Bolanos being the other two.
  • Sponsored links:

• What is it with Charlton and work permits? Do these ever get denied anywhere else in football (other than on Football Manager)? This is the third time for us now isn't it? Alex and Bolanos being the other two.

Spurs failed in a couple in the days of Martin Jol. We tries to buy some American full back but he didnt have enough caps (think he went on to play for Reading, cant remember his name now!)
  • JohnBoyUK said:

What is it with Charlton and work permits? Do these ever get denied anywhere else in football (other than on Football Manager)? This is the third time for us now isn't it? Alex and Bolanos being the other two.

Spurs failed in a couple in the days of Martin Jol. We tries to buy some American full back but he didnt have enough caps (think he went on to play for Reading, cant remember his name now!)
    That would be Chuck Randy Parkinson Junior 3rd

Phil to his mates...
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Would have been ok, if he had a Gross travel card.
  • I've just seen this as been in hospital yet again. Is this a wind up ( I haven't read the whole thread) ???
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Not exactly true, the paperwork and so on simply missed the deadline - not the same as he doesn't qualify AT ALL, or was rejected (though that is not impossible still). Roland clearly fully expects the permit to be issued without further issue, rightly or wrongly we'll see.
  • Imagine the uproar on here if he had the permit because the application went in last week.
    Would be serious popcorn time.
  • edited January 2015
    Storm in a teacup, he needs work permit, may well get it in a week or two ... if not, those most upset ought to be happy as they're often the same ones set against him anyway.
    Seems that 90% of Charlton fans online are in wail-only mode now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hold on ... has the team bus been booked for tomorrow?
  • Ok, so I've got no hair left, my clothes are a bit ripped, and my chest really hurts... What have I missed?
  • If it is in doubt the club is hardly going to admit that and I wouldn't expect them to do so until they had exhausted the process.
  • edited January 2015
    KINSELLA7 said:

Imagine the uproar on here if he had the permit because the application went in last week.
    Would be serious popcorn time.

Exactly!! The same people who were "tearing their hair, beating their chests and renting their clothes" because everything was set up days or weeks ago, are now doing the same because it wasn't!!
    One (or at most two) games when he's behind the scenes but not officially shown as manager..so what?
    Because the club is publicly breaking the law??
  • Hardly insight from a guy who admits to knowing bugger all about immigration law.

Tier 2 is not the only starting option and almost certainly not the one that has been instigated.
  • seth plum said:

Clem_Snide, are you now my official stalker after PL54 gave up?

• Nothing surprises me anymore