Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Matthew and Roberts back in charge at Charlton as Luzon misses out on work permit

Comments

• Why don't they move the game to Belgium??
  • Think we need a bit of perspective here. If it was a player we were trying to sign we'd all be seething at the home office.
  • Got it now. The first question was:

'Speaking after your first training session as Charlton coach, how was it?'

....and the answer isn't 'I wasn't really working as I don't have permission yet'.
  • colthe3rd said:

Think we need a bit of perspective here. If it was a player we were trying to sign we'd all be seething at the home office.

But we're not because it doesn't suit the mob
  • End in disaster?
  • Does that mean he broke the law when he took training ?

Only if he is being paid for it
  • Sponsored links:

• Could the club just say he wasn't paid for taking that session?
  • WSS said:

It's a farce regardless of whose fault it is.

If it's the home office's fault it's a farce their end.
  • Rothko said:

colthe3rd said:

Think we need a bit of perspective here. If it was a player we were trying to sign we'd all be seething at the home office.

The problem, Rothko, is that this is pretty much how the club is being run day to day, it's just not visible to most of the supporters most of the time.
  • Now that's a good get out, it was voluntary work. Sorted.
  • If the Home Office call Luzon out, it won't be because they've been reading Charlton Life.
  • seth plum said:

If the Home Office call Luzon out, it won't be because they've been reading Charlton Life.

No, it will be because you have phoned them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Clem_Snide, are you now my official stalker after PL54 gave up?
  • LoOkOuT said:

Rothko said:

colthe3rd said:

C'mon, this has been handled awfully right from the start. Own goal after own goal. Nothing to do with the mob.

The issues here can't be seen individually, it's the totality.
    No you're right
  • @Rothko @Clem_Snide @Swisdom so what is the normal length of time to gain a work permit? You all appear to be well informed.

When you say that an FAPL club would have had this sorted out quickly, are you implying that money smoothes the path of a work permit? That's a pretty serious allegation, if so.

You are presumptuous about your fellow Lifers to assume that their reaction is part of a witch hunt against Katrien. Personally I would be surprised to learn that a work permit would normally be processed in less than a working week. Perhaps Katrien counted on that, but suddenly found she was in a situation where she had rather less than a week.
  • I really don't know whether to laugh or cry - I thought this was a wind-up when I just saw the thread title...
  • Macronate said:

Curbs must have a new job at the Home Office.

Or Paul Jewell
  • Surely the Roland network has it's own home office and permit system!

Anyone working from one Roland subsidiary to another is fine I'm sure.
    :-)