Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Luzon Confirmed Charlton Head Coach - Deal to 2016 - Praise the Lord, Work Permit GRANTED (pg 24)*

Comments

• PL54 said:

RD has done exactly as expected - my question is the situation with Katrien.

Either she lied or was duped. Can't be good either way

Solly to Palace I am hearing.

Funny you should mention Solly to Palace. I heard exactly the same thing a couple of hours ago.
  • purdis said:

I hope he does the business and puts a smile on the faces of all of you who are so upset by this.
    If he does then we'll all be happy and nothing to moan about at all in our lives ever again.
    If he doesn't then at least he had a go.
    I very much doubt Roland would employ him if he expected anything else than a positive outcome.
    ..........and they lived happily ever after.

In other words it's a positive thing if he succeeds and still a positive thing if he doesn't? Your cup is positively overflowing never mind half full :-)
  • Swisdom said:

Anyone else find this thread largely embarrassing?

Luzon has a decent record and deserves our support. How long before Tal Ben Haim is our skipper

Yep. And you can see it inspiring the likes of Yoni, George and any other Liege cast offs from his past. The only time I'm gonna sit up and take serious notice is IF he gets us playing attractive and incisive football, or IF he gets the funds to improve the squad with the appropriate players.
    2 very big ifs!
  • If he was that good he would of got the job before Two Bob Peeters.

He was the manager of Standard Liege until October 2014.
  • I don't like him. I have absolutely nothing fair and just to base this on. I have to cheer him and support him because I am supposed to, and I resent RD because I am now have to do something I don't want to do. I dislike RD for asking us to support whoever he decides to rotate in at his whim. If he put out a statement about how and why he chose to hire and fire BP, and take responsibility for the situation, I would be fine with it. Meanwhile, Curbs wants to come home. It's painful to think we've got a guy in charge who almost certainly doesn't understand what that means. Urgh. This sucks.
  • What a f##king joke
    Even if he was any good a deal to next year
    Like a man who like stability in his clubs
    Roland must realy rate him to offer him such a long contract
    Roland ur a knob and you wont be getting any more of my cash

He wasn't anyway according to your many posts.
  • DRAddick said:

purdis said:

I hope he does the business and puts a smile on the faces of all of you who are so upset by this.
    If he does then we'll all be happy and nothing to moan about at all in our lives ever again.
    If he doesn't then at least he had a go.
    I very much doubt Roland would employ him if he expected anything else than a positive outcome.
    ..........and they lived happily ever after.

In other words it's a positive thing if he succeeds and still a positive thing if he doesn't? Your cup is positively overflowing never mind half full :-)
    I can only foresee a positive beginning. The proof of the pudding will lie in whether the players can still be arsed after the honeymoon period is over.
  • Will give the guy a chance, but there is massive frustration that we're so obviously being given the cheap/easy options from network rather than RD and Katrien looking for the best options, no.matter what they say in carefully worded press releases etc.

Definitely in managers but pretty much with the squad too.

A huge worry for the future of our club.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's a little hard to see all this as the work of a football club master tactician. Ok, so Powell goes, Yann goes, Riga goes, Bob goes mid season (he was YOUR choice Roly) and now we have yet another glorious new beginning.
    I wish this new bloke well. Let's hope the team is now strengthened to give the man something to fire us all up with, and the slide down the table is halted.
    Otherwise it will be hard not to start thinking that our new owner might be a complete tit.
    And no one wants to think that, Roland.
    I hope it works.

• "we want our Charlton back"

Only when Roger Alwen and then Richard Murray (Pre Dowie)
    did we ever have our Charlton.

For 50 years we had the Gliksten family. i'm sure Henry or Red chaser will let you know how they
    missed the oppotunity for Cafc to be the Arsenal of south London.

sorry guys for most of our history it's been a battle for the fans to accept what the management has done.

good luck Guy Luzon, your need it.

Yep Glikstens milked it for all I was worth, cashed in on promising players and spent little on the ground or facilities allowing it to fall into disrepair. My old Dad never had a good word for them.
  • Uboat said:

If Solly goes to Palace...bloody hell.

Next time RD is at a game someone needs to get close enough to him to give his face a good pull. The mask will come off, Scooby Doo style, to reveal the manic grinning face of Simon Jordan.

Jordan or Jezza Beadle.
  • Uboat said:

If Solly goes to Palace...bloody hell.

With his knee? Unlikely surely.
  • Will give the guy a chance, but there is massive frustration that we're so obviously being given the cheap/easy options from network rather than RD and Katrien looking for the best options, no.matter what they say in carefully worded press releases etc.

Definitely in managers but pretty much with the squad too.

A huge worry for the future of our club.

Without any new players to fill the gaps,Brian Clough would not be able to turn this side into a successful one. The problem is RD's crap business plan.Until he sells the club it will be the same pattern repeated. Let us hope another buyer sees this turmoil as a buying opportunity before we sink too low.
  • We have been well and truly networked up the arris.
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

RD has done exactly as expected - my question is the situation with Katrien.

Either she lied or was duped. Can't be good either way

Solly to Palace I am hearing.

Funny you should mention Solly to Palace. I heard exactly the same thing a couple of hours ago.
    Won't pass the medical. Roland won't sell for the amount of money Palace would be prepared to pay for a crocked knee.

• I cannot shake the feeling that we're definitely the club that doesn't fit in the Championship. Every other club in our division is at least in the running for buying or loaning players or for getting a manager from another club within the country. Not us though, we will only deal with players and managers within the network, with very few exceptions. This is not a sustainable model and no player or manager will take our club seriously until RD shakes his myopia as far as investment in players and personnel goes.

Against my better judgement I'll give Luzon a chance but it's hugely depressing that our owner has forced us down this path.
  • seth plum said:

Is it this charming bloke from March last year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qroJLsECsFY

Luzon says he has no interest in Charlton in that video ... Lets hope he shows some bloody interest now
  • edited January 2015
    barstool said:

Katrien had to say all that stuff to protect the business and the club. Of course he was tapped up but that's illegal so the MD has to make the right noises to protect the club

No she didn't. Luzon wasn't "tapped up". He was already under RD's employment doing scouting work and the like for the network. He wasn't employed by anyone else let alone managing another team. She lied (because she was told to) to try and pretend they were making a concerted effort to look around for a manager when the uncomfortable reality is and that RD was just employing someone that he likes and wanted and there was no consideration to anyone else or whether he really is the best available for the job.
  • edited January 2015
    Katrien Meire/Roland Duchatelet:
    “We know how important it is to make sure this next appointment is the right one because I understand that this club needs and deserves a Head Coach who can plan and take charge for the long-term.''
    Gives a contract of just over a year and we all know he'll be gone in less than that.

• vinnie said:

seth plum said:

Is it this charming bloke from March last year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qroJLsECsFY

Luzon says he has no interest in Charlton in that video ... Lets hope he shows some bloody interest now
    Comes over very badly in that. Disrespectful and arrogant.
  • Katrien Meire/Roland Duchatelet:

“We know how important it is to make sure this next appointment is the right one because I understand that this club needs and deserves a Head Coach who can plan and take charge for the long-term.''
    Gives a contract of just over a year and we all know he'll be gone in less than that.

Has it occured to you that perhaps Luzon didn't want to commit himself to more than a year given the way he had been previously treated under RD?
  • edited January 2015
    I only caught it on Sky News with no volume but they had them in a room with external windows in the back of the West - is that right?