Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Luzon Confirmed Charlton Head Coach - Deal to 2016 - Praise the Lord, Work Permit GRANTED (pg 24)*

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Paul Jewell has left West Brom after being there for one week.
    Apparently Roly has employed him to be Guy's language coach.
  • edited January 2015
    Uboat said:

If Solly goes to Palace...bloody hell.

Next time RD is at a game someone needs to get close enough to him to give his face a good pull. The mask will come off, Scooby Doo style, to reveal the manic grinning face of Simon Jordan.

Jordan and Luzon both seem to like a sunbed.
  • just read his wiki. Laughed when i read "During the 1990s, Guy worked in an off-licence in Harborne, Birmingham"

Did he get out of Birmingham after Fox News said it was a no go area?
  • Hope he is successful. Trying to be positive. Just not feeling it at the moment. Lets see who he is allowed to bring in as well.
  • Any news on his assistants?
  • Well at least I've said from day one this network stuff is a joke and all we did when the mad Belgian took over was jump from the frying pan into the fire.

All those saying "get behind the team, we support the boys etc" just don't get it. RD has quite deliberately ripped the heart out of this club - from the long-standing office staff to all those players who could be associated with Chris Powell. (Christ, he's even got rid of the programme sellers who have been there for years!) In their place we get a series of duff players from his other network sides and now a further re-cycled manager.

The heart is going out of this club. Where are the players like Kinsella, Robinson, Brown, Rufus - good old British pros who clearly had an association with the club that went far beyond a pay cheque? Instead, we are just being lumbered with a series of loanees or players who are obviously just passing through. And l wouldn't be at all surprised to see the last remaining players from the Chris Powell era - Jackson, Wilson and Wiggins - shown the door this transfer window.

I feel nothing but contempt for RD and KM with this appointment. Luzon is just another placeman who, no doubt, will do exactly what RD tells him.

I can only suspect our feathered friends down the road must be loving this.

You mean the blue t*ts at Millwall ?

• So much contagious misery around here. I choose to be positive... there's enough other shit in the world to get upset about. Football is one of my escapes. I just want to see decent football and to hold our own in this division.
  • Far from the most important aspect I realise but does anyone know if he is a "guy" rhyming with "bye" or a "ghee" rhyming with "me"?

As for his appointment, ultimately it's not his fault that it has been handled quite so badly by the club and for that alone he starts with a clean slate and my best wishes. Time will tell if he's got the know-how, man management skills and is given the wherewithal to be the success we all hope for...regardless of whether you are pro-Roland or anti.

Lots still to play out and as someone once said, it's going to be a bumpy ride but there's little doubt the board's made an utter hash of the start of Guy's appointment and there's a lot of previously supportive fans feeling let down and angry.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    Redrobo said:

God there are a lot of wrist slashers on here.

I want my Charlton back? Get a grip. Just how many of the names on the Sky bet list did you actually want? More importantly, how many did you actively NOT want? How many did you REALLY think he would actively consider given his record?

Why are you all calling them liars? They had their main target and paused to consider if there was anyone else. You obviously do not believe this to be true. However, why the wait? They could have appointed without the wait and without the press release -so why the wait and the press release? Just to wind us up? I do not think we rank that high!

I would suggest a name came up that they wished to consider. I also would suggest the possability that this would also be a name we may not have heard of. Given RDs history it was never going to bè a local boy, was it? Mathews was the only local family candidate, but I do not think it was him.

I suspect that there was another candidate that was considered and interviewed (video conferencing? ), but was not better than Guy.

Whatever, we have what we have. The only way is up!

You suspect wrong. Roland got rid of Peeters to bring Luzon in.
  • Well at least I've said from day one this network stuff is a joke and all we did when the mad Belgian took over was jump from the frying pan into the fire.

All those saying "get behind the team, we support the boys etc" just don't get it. RD has quite deliberately ripped the heart out of this club - from the long-standing office staff to all those players who could be associated with Chris Powell. (Christ, he's even got rid of the programme sellers who have been there for years!) In their place we get a series of duff players from his other network sides and now a further re-cycled manager.

The heart is going out of this club. Where are the players like Kinsella, Robinson, Brown, Rufus - good old British pros who clearly had an association with the club that went far beyond a pay cheque? Instead, we are just being lumbered with a series of loanees or players who are obviously just passing through. And l wouldn't be at all surprised to see the last remaining players from the Chris Powell era - Jackson, Wilson and Wiggins - shown the door this transfer window.

I feel nothing but contempt for RD and KM with this appointment. Luzon is just another placeman who, no doubt, will do exactly what RD tells him.

Kinsella? I think you'll find Kins used to wear green on international duty. I know what you mean though.
  • Any news on his assistants?

I read that as assailants.

• scidbox said:

Well at least I've said from day one this network stuff is a joke and all we did when the mad Belgian took over was jump from the frying pan into the fire.

Kinsella? I think you'll find Kins used to wear green on international duty. I know what you mean though.
    Must be tired - sorry but I don't understand ....

I was referring to our feathered friends down the road.

• So now we know who our new manager is we can get on with the excitement of signing the Championships best players.......oh.
  • edited January 2015
    Since the news broke that Luzon was installed as the Head coach ive read every point posted. There's a lot of unhappy people on here and they are all entitled to their opinion.
    What is blindingly obvious though is that they are all hurting....and more so is everyone's passion and love for this club. RD may be the one who bought this club but we are the ones who own it. I dont give a rats arse about RD and his network....
    What i do care about is the team ..the players that put that shirt on with that badge , who put a shift in......
    .THAT'S why i will never stop following and supporting this team ..this club...my Charlton .....shouting n singing from The Covered End,travelling home with no voice .
    ..lets get behind the players and show them that passion...and show RD and whoever what this club means to each and everyone of us
  • I wonder if the timing of this has anything to do with the fact we do not have any games at the Valley for 21/2 weeks. With two away games at Watford and Wolves, the next home game is against Rotherham which is a must win game. If we were playing at home this Saturday and lost the doom and gloom would be even greater.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    Absolute joke. Maybe more of a joke that I thought for a split second that it might not be someone from the network. At the end of the day it's RD's money that he will be losing if we get relegated.
  • I'm surprised & disappointed with someone like RD handling this matter in this way. Even if Luzon does well (not his fault), RD should look out for another hobby, 'cause this isn't serious.
  • Just got in on this. Let it not be said that Roland ever surprises us. He's more predictable than a dog that's just been let out into the garden after having had it's dinner.

Oh at least Roland is consistent, even if it is at pissing off the fans of every club he has owned. Let's hope the novelty of being a billionaire's play thing wears off pretty quick, then we can have OUR Charlton back.

The new Guy get's the benefit of the doubt, but there will be shed loads of doubt's if Lifer's are representative of the rest of our support. As for Roland, he's the boss and he makes the decisions, yet we pay all the wages. Odd thing football!

• I think the bounce of a new manager could stop the rot and ultimately ensure survival and (optimistically) bring the play offs.

As others have said, it will probably be someone new in Aug anyway.

• I wonder if Roland is actually a bit senile.
  • Charlton owner Roland Duchâtelet said: "I think the appointment of Guy Luzon will prove to be a very good one for the club.

"I regard him as an extremely talented coach who has already achieved a lot in his career so far.

Well.....if you rate him that highly Mr Know it all ....why did you sack him from Stanfard Liege?

Why didnt you give BP 3decent players to complete this team...2 quality midfielders and a winger....thats all it would have taken

If Rd is any businessman and wants more dosh.....get 2 midfielders and theres still time to get promoted and £70 million quid....wak up you muppet!!
  • I wonder if Roland is actually a bit senile.

He strikes me as a potential Howard Hughes type character
  • I am really disappointed with this appointment, not because Luzon is foreign but because I feel that Roland should have taken his time and interviewed a number of candidates before making a decision. Fair enough, Guy Luzon should be given a chance, but I just can't see him being much better than Peeters. I am sure RD wants Charlton to be successful (why would you buy a club/business and let it go to pot) but he goes about it in such a stupid way. I know he wants Charlton to break even but a successful business needs some investment and he needs to look outside his little empire. If Luzon is a failure he will be given the chop, there will be no continuity at the club and who will want to work for RD. I also think that RD has underestimated English football. One cannot do things here in the same way as you would in Belgium or say Switzerland. I know they work a lot on technique in Belgium, particularly with the youngsters, but the Championship is not far below the top Belgian league for quality, and the Premiership is miles ahead, after all, most of the Belgian players are playing here.