Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Luzon Confirmed Charlton Head Coach - Deal to 2016 - Praise the Lord, Work Permit GRANTED (pg 24)*

Comments

• Where has everyone seen about solly??
  • Where has everyone seen about solly??

Don't worry. PL54's joke relying on gullible emotional fans.
  • After everything that has been said from the owner and what ever relation KM is to him in the last week

How can anyone be happy about this.

I do not want him here end off.

• Well, never saw that coming!! So, the board had to think long and hard before appointing the right person for the job. Think this Luzon bloke was informed about a vacancy at a small networking club weeks ago.
    Totally underwhelmed.
  • edited January 2015
    boggzy said:

"Curbishley hahaha! CURBISHLEY!!! Can you believe it?! Then they even started believing it could be some English bloke called Doug Freeman or something?! HAHAHAHAAAA!!!"

• I wonder whether,after Airmans' latest article [which I agree is a good one] the club withdraw their permission for him to sell his book in the club shop [sorry I meant superstore].
  • DRAddick said:

Where has everyone seen about solly??

Well right now @GreenieJunior is a sitting duck! :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it me or do these contracts Roland chucks about mean absolutely nothing anyway.
  • DRAddick said:

Where has everyone seen about solly??

Well right now @GreenieJunior is a sitting duck! :wink:
    You want gullible.. I'm your man. 10er skinter cos was told it would be Matthew as manager.

You want emotional I'm also your man. Along with half of this board. Take your best shot.

Ps how do you do emojis on here?! This could be revolutionary
  • Saturday 10th Janurary: Tango arrives home and throws season ticket in the bin.

Sunday 11th January: Upon hearing the news of sideshow Bobs sacking, Tango frantically goes bin dipping, recovers his season ticket and wipes off the left-over curry for the previous nights dinner.

Tuesday 13th January: Tango throws the season ticket back into the bin.........

Love it, LOL
  • Saturday 10th Janurary: Tango arrives home and throws season ticket in the bin.

Sunday 11th January: Upon hearing the news of sideshow Bobs sacking, Tango frantically goes bin dipping, recovers his season ticket and wipes off the left-over curry for the previous nights dinner.

Tuesday 13th January: Tango throws the season ticket back into the bin.........

ru a scouser?
  • Thats interesting Airman .So could the shop owners sell anything they want or is it restricted in some way?
  • timken said:

Thats interesting Airman .So could the shop owners sell anything they want or is it restricted in some way?

What were you looking for, some under the counter magazines? :wink:
  • Yesterday I thought there was a glimmer of hope, that has gone now. I love my club, but you can only be treated like a mug for so long.
  • I bought some there last week but just wondered whether the shop "agreement" had been beached and with Katriens legal background would be forclosing and opening a belgian brothel .
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

He's only been given an 18 month contract - until June 2016.

Katrien said something on the lines that the next manager was for the long term, didn't she?

That is long Oggy by Rolands STANDARDS.

Yeah but she's a liar. And a well paid liar
  • Redrobo said:

God there are a lot of wrist slashers on here.

I want my Charlton back? Get a grip. Just how many of the names on the Sky bet list did you actually want? More importantly, how many did you actively NOT want? How many did you REALLY think he would actively consider given his record?

Why are you all calling them liars? They had their main target and paused to consider if there was anyone else. You obviously do not believe this to be true. However, why the wait? They could have appointed without the wait and without the press release -so why the wait and the press release? Just to wind us up? I do not think we rank that high!

I would suggest a name came up that they wished to consider. I also would suggest the possability that this would also be a name we may not have heard of. Given RDs history it was never going to bè a local boy, was it? Mathews was the only local family candidate, but I do not think it was him.

I suspect that there was another candidate that was considered and interviewed (video conferencing? ), but was not better than Guy.

Whatever, we have what we have. The only way is up!

The only way is up?

I really wouldn't put money on that.
  • RedChaser said:

timken said:

Thats interesting Airman .So could the shop owners sell anything they want or is it restricted in some way?

What were you looking for, some under the counter magazines? :wink:
    Sssshhh - don't let on they're stocking the Voice, too!
  • Well the next few weeks will be interesting! If the Board were a bit worried about a few boos on Saturday that aint gonna be nothing if we dont start winning soon. Yes we are fast becoming a joke club but my Leeds mate says that we still have someway to catch them up for embarrasing situations!
  • Will give the guy a chance, but there is massive frustration that we're so obviously being given the cheap/easy options from network rather than RD and Katrien looking for the best options, no.matter what they say in carefully worded press releases etc.

Definitely in managers but pretty much with the squad too.

A huge worry for the future of our club.

Pretty much sums it up for me.
  • Posting while having had a few pints since my last post.

It's not looking good at the moment but together we are all stronger then RD, we are the club not him. I'll back Luzon until he starts effing up which I do think is likely. Once that happens it's important all us fans stick together more then anything which I know we will. Just hope to god we stay up now and can sort ourselves a out properly in the summer. I'll be there at Watford in my retro shirt from '89 (which i am yet to see us win while wearin) first time for everything! Charlton have a non European manager now for gods sake - anything can happen.

Reflecting on how worked up I've got since Sunday, blimey I do love this club
  • I wish Guy all the best and hope he is successful over the next five months. Because whatever he does Roland will get rid of him come the summer.
  • My concern remains the fact that - given how Duchatelet has utilised the network outside of the short term (that is, in team building over summer and this appointment) and it's relative standard of ability - we do not have to be promoted to be financially viable in (what I suspect to be) Duchatelet's long-term plan.

The general idea seems to be that the TV money is the main objective and, quite rightly, it will no doubt be a factor in his thinking. The real question however, is how much weight he'll lend to it as a factor; simply put, does he really think that promotion is the best way to make money out of the club?

I don't think he does. Duchatelet is a very clever man, with a powerful command of statistics and probability - he'll have an equation for everything, and I'd wager that (despite him not being a football man) he knows more about the basics of the professional game (that is, on the pitch) than most, if not all of us. I think that what he needs isn't a club per se, but rather a professional vehicle that maximises the value of the players he's selected, and this account can go a long way towards explaining this appointment: Peeters - if some sources are to be believed - has failed to build good relationships; the team is demoralised, players alienated, and poor performances dominant (we should remember with wry smiles how well Riga kept the team together last year).

So, Luzon comes in to steady the ship; to tide things over and start piling those zeros back onto Vetokele's price tag.

The challenge for Duchatelet is not going to be in selecting the right man - understood in his sense of "right", he has a stable of obedient names - but in balancing the trade off between "good manager" and "company man". The two aren't mutually exclusive by definition, but I'm dammed sure they are in the real world, and until he balances that, I think this will be a recurring and worsening problem.

Personally, I'm fucking terrified.

Agree with this. I can't help feeling that Roland was banking on FFP coming into force and doesn't have a plan B that will be particularly appealing to us
  • Uboat said:

If Solly goes to Palace...bloody hell.

Next time RD is at a game someone needs to get close enough to him to give his face a good pull. The mask will come off, Scooby Doo style, to reveal the manic grinning face of Simon Jordan.

Wind up.

Solly can't play two games a week.

We're stuck with him for a long time..................fortunately.