Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Luzon Confirmed Charlton Head Coach - Deal to 2016 - Praise the Lord, Work Permit GRANTED (pg 24)*

Comments

• Deal to 2016? FFS it's 1908 already

Take a bow @JohnnyJoeyDeeDee‌ gallows humour at best
  • Well done RD and KM for putting DM and BR in charge.

FOR.ONE.DAY.

WTF!!!!!!!!! ps…: F.O.
  • last year , standard de liège was leader at the beginning of the Play Off ( 10 matches ) with 10 points more than the second..........STandard finished second of the POff with difficulties. Luzon has no tactical schema ( sorry for my poor english spoken )

No tactical scheme...

He'll fit right in then here.

• More interested in who walks into the dressing room than the managers office, because without some more quality, it makes no difference who,s in charge, we will go down !

I assume if we are relegated, then we will have a new manager in May. Who next ?
  • So much for searching for the right man... Roland didn't have to look far! OK, let's keep calm, this guy (sorry, no pun intended) may well be the best thing since sliced bread but only time will tell. I have to agree with many Lifers who feel the club they follow and love has been stripped of its soul. Maybe that's going a little over the top but I understand their frustration (I share it to a degree) but there is little we can do other than keep the faith or alternatively just give up. As someone posted the other day, unless you know someone who has a spare £25 million laying around we are stuck with Roland. However, it would be a nice gesture for the great man or his number two to speak to the fans - or perhaps he really just couldn't give a toss? In years past the club has listened and conversed with supporters, but then we had (mostly) Charlton people running the club. I really don't think Roland will be forced into actions purely because of articles in VOTV or fan protests.
  • Sponsored links:

• I cant understand some of our fans I no we are disappointed with whats happened but Charlton is our club and we have to get behind him.
  • I'm seething with this. Luzon is RD's bitch - no doubt.

I guess it does!
  • Excellent article by the Airman.

I agree with others who feel that we have pretty much zero emotional investment in the people who run our club and the players that play for it. I still love the club, of course, but the people in charge are disinterested in any of our past and are relaxed about telling us lies. I suspect the players are good people - I don't know, I've never met any of them - but they have come from around the world and will in many cases be disappearing. That's no attack on them or on foreign players, just a reflection that there doesn't seem to be any of the ties that bind.

And that could be a problem. Few people have ever supported CAFC for the quality of the football. The thrill of being in massive crowds will not be experienced for some while. Once cut, those emotional ties may never be reattached.
  • Joke appointment.
    Luzon I'll make a deal with you, you get my support until you play Bikey up front or Harriot up front or Solly in midfield or any other new cast off from the poxy notwork anywhere on the park :smile:
  • edited January 2015
    uie2 said:

Ok yes Roland is playing Russian roulette with our club but what if Mr Luzon is now given money to spend brings in top players we go on a run and not just make the playoffs but finish 2nd, what will people think then!!? Luzon apparently broke losts of records in his first season at Liege! Seriously lets give him a chance!. No room for sentiment in business in this day and age so if Wiggins, Jacko ,Solly etc are frozen out it yes will be hard for them but this is football anything could happen!! Welcome Guy Luzon and good luck

What if he doesn't and we go on a run and finish 2nd bottom?
    I see you've read the OS spiel which conveniently forgets to mention how Luzon's Liege season actually ended.

I wish him well obviously and don't really have any strong opinions on his appointment per se. It's everything going on around it, the blatant lies and RD's failing to learn and down right egotistical arrogance that is pissing me off. Here's hoping the appointment works out this time.
  • RD has done exactly as expected - my question is the situation with Katrien.

Either she lied or was duped. Can't be good either way

Solly to Palace I am hearing.
  • sorry for charlton fans but Luzon is a serial looser

LOL.
    Won the league by 10 points but pipped by the biggest team in Belgium.
    Of course your managers over the past 20 years have been winning the league every year?
  • Katrien had to say all that stuff to protect the business and the club. Of course he was tapped up but that's illegal so the MD has to make the right noises to protect the club
  • Another puppet from the chairman's network that won't last 5 minutes in English football. The great community club that I grew up supporting is becoming a joke
  • Sponsored links:

• Wow, did not see that coming!
  • I think Standard's relationship with Luzon is akin to ours with Pardew. No love lost but Pardew went on to be successful with Newcastle despite the vehement reaction.
  • Milliband give us a wave, milliband milliband give us a wave
  • edited January 2015
    Can't complain as I don't know enough about Luzon, so for now he gets my support. What bugs me is there seems to be no bridge between the club and the fans currently. Katrien has shown nothing but contempt for the supporters by lying to us.
  • I hope he does the business and puts a smile on the faces of all of you who are so upset by this.
    If he does then we'll all be happy and nothing to moan about at all in our lives ever again.
    If he doesn't then at least he had a go.
    I very much doubt Roland would employ him if he expected anything else than a positive outcome.
    ..........and they lived happily ever after.
  • edited January 2015
    PL54 said:

RD has done exactly as expected - my question is the situation with Katrien.

Either she lied or was duped. Can't be good either way

Solly to Palace I am hearing.

Whoa, that would be too much of an insult to injury.
  • edited January 2015
    To those of you reaching for the razor blades over the appointment of Luzon all I can say is you better get used to it as I believe he's here to stay (RD won't make the same mistake twice). Whats done is done. No point crying about it.

For what its worth I actually think the guy will prove the majority of us wrong and turn out to be a shrewed signing by RD. That doesnt mean I'm over the moon about the appointment though!

Lets try and channel all that anger and negativity into getting behind Luzon and the boys so that we can start climbing the table and be proud of our club once more however long that may take.

CAFC
  • Won't be going again this season.. Sick of being second fiddle in the network...