Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Luzon Confirmed Charlton Head Coach - Deal to 2016 - Praise the Lord, Work Permit GRANTED (pg 24)*

Comments

• I support him and the team but this appointment is a joke and further shows where we stand in RD plan.
  • edited January 2015
    My best wishes to Mr Luzon. I hope he succeeds where his recent predecessors have failed I.e. scoring more goals and winning regularly at home. He has my support.

That's what I hope for. What I expect however...
  • Dave2l said:

So the reports/rumour about Luzon coming in a month or 2 ago is just a coincidence? RD?

The decision to sack Bob Peeters was carefully thought about after the Brighton game, right, ok.

Ah but RD had the decency to wait almost 2 days after the sacking before making the announcement ... classy ...
  • Yawn

Not surprised

I can't think of a positive but wish the fella well

Not my club anymore
  • I feel the fans are not going to be so patient with this one and if results do not pick up quickly i can see thing getting very poisonous down at The Valley.
  • Tell you what, this is taking the piss. Just want my club back
  • Given a contract till 2016,which is longer than the previous 2. I just hope Roland realises that shipping over reserve player's from his network of club's won't work in the Championship.

Hope Luzon does well, didn't do a bad job at Liege
  • We all know what will happen sacked at the end of the season
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like Dana Luzon is already in my seat.....

• A lot of negatives im reading, onwards and upwards I say
  • Hard to feel connected with the club when nobody in it is English.

Luzon probably thinks the championship is some micky mouse league. I remember Buyens saying on the OS how surprised he was at the size of opposition stadiums and the general quality.

The Belgians have totally under-estimated the strength and quality of the Championship. They are going round in circles trying to work out a solution without committing too much in resources. The quality of the players they have sent over haven't been up to it and the network is failing to provide the answers. This new coach had better have an understanding of what it takes to win matches in this league, otherwise he will be exposed very quickly. The Championship is a tough school as Big Bob has found out.

• Bloody Hell. 3 days without internet and we get a new manager. I wish the fella luck but my club is not the one I'm used to anymore.
  • Think everyone just needs to calm down.
    Did we really think Curbs was coming back?

RD has saved the club from administration, new pitch, new training ground facilites.

I bet after 5 wins we'll love Luzon

I would sooner be struggling rather than have this shit every couple of months at least we knew where we stood
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder wot the English lads in the squad must be thinking bet they ain't happy , 18 month contract he will do well to last that long .
  • Deserves a chance deserves support welcome guy good luck and I hope you succeed

This!
    As posted elsewhere, every Duchatelet appointment has left the club in a higher league position than when they started.

If Luzon can deliver improvement over the next 6-18 months then I'm good with that. We will soon know if he gets any quality additions to the squad and I won't make any comment either way until I've seen a couple of games.

Sure it's turbulent but if you asked Charlton fans last January would they take this in exchange for sitting in the top half of the table most of this season how many would have said "no thanks"?

M.Duchatelet bought Liege four years ago and appointed a new coach every season...including Riga and later Luzon. They travelled from oblivion to top of the league plus having a crack at qualifying for the Champions League. Of course there are Liege fans who say he's a c*** just as there are Charlton fans who think he knows sweet FA about running a football club.

The table doesn't lie!
    But it also doesn't tell you the truth until the season has ended.

• Yawn

Not surprised

I can't think of a positive but wish the fella well

Not my club anymore

You know, it won't be the same watching Joe Piggot at Southend.

• Oggy Red said:

He's only been given an 18 month contract - until June 2016.

Katrien said something on the lines that the next manager was for the long term, didn't she?

18 months for one manager is bloomin' ages for us !

That was fast
  • Not quite sure how I feel to be honest. We were on a slide with Peeters and I could see us heading back to Div one. This guy was obviously lined up a while ago, but if Peeters was having arguments with a lot of the squad then maybe he will be able to get them to gel again and return to the early season form they are capable of. Also Duchatelet may spend a bit more to try to prove he is right.
    Wont hold my breath on that one though.
    If it all goes t*ts up then when do the Standard Liege type riots start?
  • Totally underwhelmed however better than ex-palace Freedman
  • I cant wait for Watford now, COYR