Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Luzon Confirmed Charlton Head Coach - Deal to 2016 - Praise the Lord, Work Permit GRANTED (pg 24)*

Comments

• Never seen such a negative reaction to a managerial appointment, surely tells us something doesn't it?
  • More 'Urgh' from me.
    Guy Lose-on
    Good luck my friend.
  • Good luck Guy. As said earlier, 100 % support for him from me.

Roly can F**k right off though (i'm sure he will be devastated if he ever read that! (; ) Seriously though WTF is going on with this circus?
  • Not ideal or my first choice by a mile, but we have to give him a chance and back the team to the hilt
  • What a f##king joke
    Even if he was any good a deal to next year
    Like a man who like stability in his clubs
    Roland must realy rate him to offer him such a long contract
    Roland ur a knob and you wont be getting any more of my cash
  • colin1961 said:

Welcome Guy let's hope you have little more luck then BP with injuries and ref decisions ....... Don't listen to the idiots couple of wins and there all be singing your name

Also Guy, don't forget to keep Jackson as Captain.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's just another day on the roller coaster of supporting Charlton Athletic.

It not be what most of us have chosen, but heigh ho ....... and all that.

It's got to be better than those hopeless days losing at home to Walsall - or watching Ken Craggs, Les Reed, Pardew or even Peeters fumbling without knowing what to do next.

• So Luzon gets the job......not his fault and I wish him well.....HOWEVER....the lies/spin and complete lack of any understanding for those that pay to watch the games by RD and his board do not get my best wishes. The quicker he makes a bit of 'dosh' and does one the better. I'm always going to support the team and club and yes Luzon may get lucky, RD allows him to bring some quality players into the squad, and this lifts us up the table, but I fear he will be told to work with what we have and, the same as Riga last season, has been asked to save us from a relegation. RD could have taken a great opportunity here to re-build some bridges and bring in a manager/head coach that understands this league, instead he does things on the cheap and gives the job to someone he removed from SL but kept on the books, what a cheapskate!!!! A nice pitch and new seats wont be required in L1, we can play on the park in front of a few thousand!!
  • sorry for charlton fans but Luzon is a serial looser
  • Hard to feel connected with the club when nobody in it is English capable of telling the truth, interested in anything other than experiments in hoarding Euros, capable of appreciating the things #CAFC can teach you about running a football club.

• In business these things have to be done otherwise we could wait three weeks for a new manager and have lost those games, its the same with players. Everyone is tapped up. Its life in football, do you not think Pardew was tapped up by Palace before he left Newcastle and they sacked Warnock...dream on
  • sorry for charlton fans but Luzon is a serial looser

That's a scary thing for us to hear, Standardman.

Care to give us more detail, please?

• Posting without reading. Dont know Luzon so cant have a go at him but I am absolutely sick of this poxy network bollocks. Short sighted shit by RD yet again with him and Katrien proving they know nothing about this club or English Championship football. If he is a great coach RD he would still be in charge at Standard!

Bugger it all i say!
  • Sponsored links:

• The perception we are a 2nd rate club hurts. Don't give us your cast offs, both players and managers who were deemed not good enough

The lack of identity hurts. Don't turn us into a European project, a shell of a club where people come to work for 12 months and disappear

The lying hurts the most. Don't insult us, don't tell us there's a search process and a long term contract in the offering.

It has taken 12 months to near enough destroy the club for me. Maybe not to the past levels of bankruptcy and eviction, but they've successfully removed the soul. Of course I will still go, what else am I gonna waste my energy on a Saturday. Do I care about what is served up in front of me as much now? Not a chance.

The only positive of today was finding out Roland is 77. Surely the old prick will turn it in soon

Angry and sad

Sorry to tell you this... RD is only 68.
  • As others have said, i will give Guy support as he is just earning a living, nothing against him personally at this stage.

After initially being pro RD and the network idea im now feeling like an idiot, they have treated us fans like c*** IMO.

It is irrelevant if he turns out to be good or not, its that they have been so underhand over all this.
  • Scoham said:

The perception we are a 2nd rate club hurts. Don't give us your cast offs, both players and managers who were deemed not good enough

The lack of identity hurts. Don't turn us into a European project, a shell of a club where people come to work for 12 months and disappear

The lying hurts the most. Don't insult us, don't tell us there's a search process and a long term contract in the offering.

It has taken 12 months to near enough destroy the club for me. Maybe not to the past levels of bankruptcy and eviction, but they've successfully removed the soul. Of course I will still go, what else am I gonna waste my energy on a Saturday. Do I care about what is served up in front of me as much now? Not a chance.

The only positive of today was finding out Roland is 77. Surely the old prick will turn it in soon

Angry and sad

Sorry to tell you this... RD is only 68.
    They lied about that too? This day just gets worse...

Not a clue where I got 77 from, obviously dreams don't come true
  • Oggy Red said:

He's only been given an 18 month contract - until June 2016.

Katrien said something on the lines that the next manager was for the long term, didn't she?

That is long Oggy by Rolands STANDARDS.

• I think some posts here are all a bit passionate and well meaning but ultimately miss placed

I read one that said how much is ebbsfleet come on, if you can swap team that quick then it shouldn't really piss you off if you yet a manager you don't like

Say I ain't going no.more or that's it poke your st but to whoare your support to another team is comical

His win % is good

He is young and will have drive

Is he any good fuck knows, is Roly ruinimg our club fuck knows I don't think so

In the words of our famous comic JD

Chill Winston

D it's a complete joke might as well av kept peeters the English lads I bet are over the moon wot a farce I will get behind the team but really pissed off RD hasn't learnt fuck all since he bought the club .
  • last year , standard de liège was leader at the beginning of the Play Off ( 10 matches ) with 10 points more than the second..........STandard finished second of the POff with difficulties. Luzon has no tactical schema ( sorry for my poor english spoken )
  • Deserves a chance deserves support welcome guy good luck and I hope you succeed

100% this this this.

Get a grip

• Such a joke, Roland has taken us all for fools and just laughed in our faces. I'll always love this club but I'm going to try and not be so emotionally involved now. I hate this network and all the left overs that it brings.