Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Luzon Confirmed Charlton Head Coach - Deal to 2016 - Praise the Lord, Work Permit GRANTED (pg 24)*

Comments

• I'm upset that we were duped into thinking that other managers would be considered. However, I do actually think he'll be quite good (as long as he's given long enough!)
  • Don't have anything against Luzon, and only want the best for Charlton so good luck to him.
    However, am far from happy. RD and katrien can do one.
  • I'm genuinely lost for words.

We're losing our identity as a club we're now just part of a shit network!
  • More Worried that this Doesn't really annoy or suprise me...
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm upset that we were duped into thinking that other managers would be considered. However, I do actually think he'll be quite good (as long as he's given long enough!)

Is that the Royal we? :-)
  • redman said:

I really cant understand the bad feeling towards this guy. RD picks some-one he can work with. I'm open minded and really cant see why others aren't. He comes with a much cv than peeters did for a start

My nan had a better cv than Bob
  • edited January 2015

• edited January 2015
    redman said:

I really cant understand the bad feeling towards this guy. RD picks some-one he can work with. I'm open minded and really cant see why others aren't. He comes with a much cv than peeters did for a start

No RD picks a puppet who's strings he can pull we are the Hearts of English football.
  • Hard to feel connected with the club when nobody in it is English.

Luzon probably thinks the championship is some micky mouse league. I remember Buyens saying on the OS how surprised he was at the size of opposition stadiums and the general quality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Deserves a chance deserves support welcome guy good luck and I hope you succeed

Agree NLA, deserves our full support.

• Interesting to see the atmosphere on Saturday. Becoming harder and harder to support the club with the way things are going.
  • Obviously he needs to be given a chance and has my best wishes, but on the face of it this is not exactly an inspiring appointment. Bringing back curbs would have given the club a big boost, but i suppose that was never going to happen.
  • No surprise. Anyone with half a brain, will support him & the team & see how it goes.

If he's successful, then great.

If he's not, then he'll join the ranks of every other football coach/manager that get's the bullet in due course.

Charlton 'til I die.

If he fails it won't be the same as every other firing as normally when they are hired there is some thought into getting the best man for the job rather than the most available guy.

I've got no real motivation to root for the guy when he has only been hired as he accepts being the chairman's bitch and putting up with no investment.
  • How much is it to go and watch ebbsfleet nowadays I think they might be getting my money rather than rolland billy smart
  • If this goes wrong, I feel sorry for Mr. Duchatelet. Hope he can run fast
  • jamescafc said:

Interesting to see the atmosphere on Saturday. Becoming harder and harder to support the club with the way things are going.

I actually think the atmosphere will be even better then it would had Bob stayed in his job and none of this malarkey happened. It's times like this when the club is messing us about that we will all stand together and sing louder than ever.
  • He's only been given an 18 month contract - until June 2016.

Katrien said something on the lines that the next manager was for the long term, didn't she?