Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Luzon Confirmed Charlton Head Coach - Deal to 2016 - Praise the Lord, Work Permit GRANTED (pg 24)*

Comments

• @VFF

Interesting theory. Should be clearer once the window closes. If we lose say TBH and Buyens, there are few quality additions to the squad, Luzon doesn't add to the back room team and the club doesn't bring in any advisors with Championship experience- this will support the argument that Roland is happy to play the odds and risk relegation.

If he is willing to take this risk than as a rational businessman he'll have thought through the pros and cons. Your suggested logic is as good as any.

Alternatively he may just be poorly advised and drunk on his own arrogance, straying into a new business area that he doesn't fully understand. In business for every Branson there's a Ratner.

I can't call it at the minute.

I cannot for one minute see that he would think a team being relegated would make good business sense.
  • So am I the only one to be clinging onto the hope that he doesn't get the permit? It's eerily quiet.
  • someone posted on the facebook Charlton group that the work permit id to be confirmed tomorrow with a 1pm press conference - think (and hope!) he is wrong as don't we usually have a presser on Thursdays?
  • sammy391 said:

someone posted on the facebook Charlton group that the work permit id to be confirmed tomorrow with a 1pm press conference - think (and hope!) he is wrong as don't we usually have a presser on Thursdays?

Let's hope it goes a bit better than the last press conference. Shambles.
  • So am I the only one to be clinging onto the hope that he doesn't get the permit? It's eerily quiet.

They probably still haven't put the application yet.
  • vffvff
    edited January 2015
    I hope that it was not Luzon suggesting that Charlton play a high line with slow defenders in the back line (such as Bikey) like happened at Watford. I hope who ever suggested that, with the current pace in the defence, never does that again.
  • Damian said he was acting on Luzon's instructions, at least part of the time against Watford.
    I am assuming Watford was 100% down to Luzon, as I assume Wolves will be 100% down to Luzon, if not Luzon, then Duchatelet.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015

I assume he's been on a lovely sunny beach in Israel, since leaving Standard.
    now he's in cold, damp Bexleyheath and looking forward to getting Peeters Pelters before h/t
    against Rotherham if we've not taken the lead.(the Wolves game shouldn't count)

The word on the street is saying he has found a young flemish lawyer and is reading the small print to see if there's
    a get out clause within the first 14 days.

Maybe there's a cooling off period.

Or maybe I'm mixing it up with buying a Timeshare.

Actually, the "network" IS a bit like the Timeshare concept.

You buy, then, by means of "banking" your purchase into a "pool", you proceed to borrow another from said pool..... ad infinitum.

Sound familiar ?

• I assume he's been on a lovely sunny beach in Israel, since leaving Standard.
    now he's in cold, damp Bexleyheath and looking forward to getting Peeters Pelters before h/t

The word on the street is saying he has found a young flemish lawyer and is reading the small print to see if there's

Can i have an assist for setting you up Fanny.

Your just the finisher we need.

• edited January 2015
    vff said:

I hope that it was not Luzon suggesting that Charlton play a high line with slow defenders in the back line (such as Bikey) like happened at Watford. I hope who ever suggested that, with the current pace in the defence, never does that again.

To be fair, as soon as it went 2-0, we seemed to drop back and it didn't exactly go any better!
  • @VFF

Interesting theory. Should be clearer once the window closes. If we lose say TBH and Buyens, there are few quality additions to the squad, Luzon doesn't add to the back room team and the club doesn't bring in any advisors with Championship experience- this will support the argument that Roland is happy to play the odds and risk relegation.

If he is willing to take this risk than as a rational businessman he'll have thought through the pros and cons. Your suggested logic is as good as any.

Alternatively he may just be poorly advised and drunk on his own arrogance, straying into a new business area that he doesn't fully understand. In business for every Branson there's a Ratner.

I can't call it at the minute.

I cannot for one minute see that he would think a team being relegated would make good business sense.
    I agree that it does not appear to make good business sense. The strategy does seem insane on a business level. Yet all those things are happening. What does the evidence point to ? What other conclusions can Charlton supporters arrive at ?

The football decisions make sense on one level for saving money but not in having a successful football strategy. Luzon as manager for a team, when at least 3 of the team have fallen out with him and those players have been moved sideways to that team to escape him ? The probable result will be that those players will be looking to move from that team.

Liege supporters did warn us that Duchatelet makes baffling football decisions. Duchatelet, I think knows the price of everything but the value of nothing. It may just be hubris. I definitely don't rule out general incompetence.

• I assume he's been on a lovely sunny beach in Israel, since leaving Standard.

She'd be FFF then. :smiley:
  • RedChaser said:

I assume he's been on a lovely sunny beach in Israel, since leaving Standard.

She'd be FFF then. :smiley:
    I'm happy with that, Red

As long as the first F isn't misconstrued as "Flatulent".

• Not sure if this is rumour
  • No, of course not and thanks for the Lol that's taken me on to three fat ladies at 888. :blush:
  • cabbles said:

Not sure if this is rumour

Probably more crap on that group
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited January 2015
    seth plum said:

Damian said he was acting on Luzon's instructions, at least part of the time against Watford.
    I am assuming Watford was 100% down to Luzon, as I assume Wolves will be 100% down to Luzon, if not Luzon, then Duchatelet.

Unless lessons are quickly learnt, and these people don't take advice (as Riga appeared to do) then I am concerned about the outcome of the Wolves game. I am not holding my breath that Duchatelet or Luzon will actually take advice. If Luzon did suggest that Charlton play a high line, knowing how slow Bikey is, then that is an ominously bad start.

Lets hope the visa application hits a snag (and the rumours of it being granted are incorrect). I am worried though about Duchatelet running the team selection from his office in Belgium. I fear that he is that much of a misguided megalomanic to think he can do that.
  • vff said:

seth plum said:

Damian said he was acting on Luzon's instructions, at least part of the time against Watford.

Unless lessons are quickly learnt, and these people take advice (as Riga appeared to do) then I am concerned about the outcome of the Wolves game.
    And beyond.

• Fanny, come on...you're meant to be the one who gives us hope however bad it gets...

Hx
  • edited January 2015
  • sammy391 said:

someone posted on the facebook Charlton group that the work permit id to be confirmed tomorrow with a 1pm press conference - think (and hope!) he is wrong as don't we usually have a presser on Thursdays?

Let's hope it goes a bit better than the last press conference. Shambles.
    Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
    'Won't Get Fooled Again' is the most appropriate song title for the mess of the last couple of weeks anyway
  • Gimme hope Fanackapan!
  • From the The Sun
  • If its in The Sun then...........doh!! However this time I hope its partly true and instead of being delayed its stopped completely!!
  • Red tape is an interesting way of putting it. A lot of us have had a mini crash course in what qualifies an immigrant to get a work permit and it is a bit more than a formality. Maybe the unlawful behaviour of Guy Luzon and the club is proving to be quite a stumbling block.