Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Luzon Confirmed Charlton Head Coach - Deal to 2016 - Praise the Lord, Work Permit GRANTED (pg 24)*

Comments

• Personally I feel the visa is a bit of red herring.

It's been delayed but he'll get it and has been coaching the team regardless IMHO

Will he do a good job? Anyone's guess.
  • he'll get it and has been coaching the team regardless IMHO

If he's on Roly's payroll anyway how can they stop him? An interesting legal mess for Katrien to sort out. Mind you, she's had long enough...................

• edited January 2015
    So now we have the club's line, via Sky - "there is no delay, this is just how long it takes". If that's true, shouldn't the club have known that last week and made it clear when appointing him? If it did know, how come he was working at Sparrows Lane last week?

There is a prescribed route for applying in football, approved by the Home Office, FA and PFA - did the club follow it?
  • edited January 2015

So now we have the club's line, via Sky - "there is no delay, this is just how long it takes". If that's true, shouldn't the club have known that last week and made it clear when appointing him? If it did know, how come he was working at Sparrows Lane last week?

There is a prescribed route for applying in football, approved by the Home Office, FA and PFA - did the club follow it?

Another smokescreen in my opinion.....if true then last week they could have announced that Luzon will be the next head coach however we have to wait, as normal, for a work permit so will not be able to take up his position until week commencing Monday 26th January as it takes this long to get a permit nowadays. That way, once again, we would not be speculating on what's happening.....another bloody farce!!
  • Personally I feel the visa is a bit of red herring.

It's been delayed but he'll get it and has been coaching the team regardless IMHO

Well, he wasn't coaching the team yesterday as he was wandering aimlessly around Bexleyheath.
  • _MrDick said:

Personally I feel the visa is a bit of red herring.

Well, he wasn't coaching the team yesterday as he was wandering aimlessly around Bexleyheath.
    Wednesday is a non training day so took the time to leave the Marriot and sample the delights of the Broadway
    Is it? So footballers don't even train every weekday? Overpaid layabouts :smile:
  • ''Wednesday is a non training day so took the time to leave the Marriot and sample the delights of the Broadway''

Wouldn't you think these clowns would need to train everyday after the piss-poor results lately?
    They get paid enough money for what they do!
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:

Wednesday is a non training day so took the time to leave the Marriot and sample the delights of the Broadway
    He's not a player, though, is he? You'd think his role is more than taking training.
    As head coach, I'd expect all he'd do is organise drills, take training and offer advice on which players perform well and visa versa in training to RD.

If he were a manager then yeah you'd be onto something.

I imagine he takes a list of players to the phone box by the station to call Duchatelet and asks if he can use the players he picked, then has to re-shuffle the deck as per RD instructions, until it's the players RD wants.

Why the phonebox, I don't think head coaches get an office, and reception need their phone for ordering Taxi's, so off to the station Guy.
  • _MrDick said:

He's not a player, though, is he? You'd think his role is more than taking training.
    His role shouldn't be anything right now !
  • Can you imagine what's it been like getting the players up for training, let alone Wolves on Saturday?
  • Getting work permits for Isreali's in the UK is a real problem, we are looking for Hebrew speakers at the moment but unless they have dual nationality that covers EU, we can't entertain them. apparently from speaking to people that i at CxO level within business it's still the case.
  • BREAKING NEWS: Guy Luzon granted work permit. Full story to follow on http://t.co/LaahN4Ap9x shortly. #cafc pic.twitter.com/kaHDNCDPmf

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) January 22, 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• booooooo
  • BREAKING NEWS: Guy Luzon granted work permit. Full story to follow on http://t.co/LaahN4Ap9x shortly. #cafc pic.twitter.com/kaHDNCDPmf

BOOOOOOOO!

Yay! And we call now live happily ever after.