Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Luzon Confirmed Charlton Head Coach - Deal to 2016 - Praise the Lord, Work Permit GRANTED (pg 24)*

Comments

• Now or when they were top of the league........
  • CAFCDAZ said:

Crusty54 said:

Seems he has been managing teams since the age of 25. Quite a lot of experience including bringing on young players.

Luzon? Managed his family's side then head of Israel FA, his uncle got him job with national U21s.

Crusty54 said:

Seems he has been managing teams since the age of 25. Quite a lot of experience including bringing on young players.

Luzon? Managed his family's side then head of Israel FA, his uncle got him job with national U21s.

Yep and Dudu got him the next two jobs, who is more than an agent to both Luzon and RD.

can i just add that he was a terrible player as well :)

He has managed one serious team. Hapoel are big boys in Israel. 22 games he lasted.

Standard Liege are a pretty serious team and he did quite well until RD sold anyone who could kick a ball.
    ask the Stadard Liege supporters of their views on him as manager........
    Which I've taken with a pinch of salt as the my understanding Liege fans are considered to be massive twats by most of the other fans in Belgium, somewhat like Wednesday, never happy with ideas way above their station.
  • _MrDick said:

Have just seen him up Bexleyheath Broadway and he looked totally hacked off. So clearly no work permit yet. Was probably heading up the Furze Wren then off for a Nando's.

You sure he was heading towards the Job Centre ?

• The silence from the club about this is very weird.

I guess if there's nothing positive to comment about, then silence is the best option.

Maybe also some licking of wounds & girding of loins going on....

• edited January 2015
    CAFCDAZ said:

Crusty54 said:

Crusty54 said:

Yep and Dudu got him the next two jobs, who is more than an agent to both Luzon and RD.

can i just add that he was a terrible player as well :)

He has managed one serious team. Hapoel are big boys in Israel. 22 games he lasted.

Standard Liege are a pretty serious team and he did quite well until RD sold anyone who could kick a ball.
    ask the Stadard Liege supporters of their views on him as manager........
    Ask (most) people on here about their views on Chris Powell as manager and they would be wrong.
  • He was looking for the club shop but only ended up buying a Sblended Milkshake.....it was the Moosive one though at £4.95.
  • Sponsored links:

Move on ;-)

• I assume he's been on a lovely sunny beach in Israel, since leaving Standard.
    now he's in cold, damp Bexleyheath and looking forward to getting Peeters Pelters before h/t
    against Rotherham if we've not taken the lead.(the Wolves game shouldn't count)

The word on the street is saying he has found a young flemish lawyer and is reading the small print to see if there's
    a get out clause within the first 14 days.

• Maybe he was on his way to Park View Road with any luck.
  • Does anyone know what his coaching qualifications are? Isn't that important when trying to determine whether or not, as a non EU citizen, he is better qualified than European coaches and thus can be given a work permit ?
  • Just seen Guy using this....

• And if you thought that was bad, I turned around and nearly bumped into this bloke, who didn't seem to be having much luck........

is that Jackson behind him?

• After the dire football seen recently, perhaps we could do with a tactical genius here at Charlton?

• Sponsored links:

• To (mis)quote Dick Emery, you lot are awful, but I like you.
  • _MrDick said:

Have just seen him up Bexleyheath Broadway and he looked totally hacked off. So clearly no work permit yet. Was probably heading up the Furze Wren then off for a Nando's.

You sure he was heading towards the Job Centre ?

Think you need a work permit to go in there.
  • vffvff
    edited January 2015
    vff earlier

From the way, Duchatelet is going about business, I don't think he really bothered as a Charlton as a viable Championship outfit. If Charlton have seasons as a Championship club, that is probably seen as a bonus. It takes too much investment to establish Charlton in the higher level of the Championship.

I think he has a plan B for Charlton as a League One outfit. Duchatelet can still develop the academy and League One is a more natural fit for all the network players not good for Liege and a better step up in level from his other network clubs. The Championship is a tough league and needs a strong team spirit, that needs a high level of investment, a strong manager / head coach with autonomy (who is able to speak up and be listened to) and the loose arrangements of fitting in players from the network does not foster that. The current Duchatelet model is the opposite of what's needed. It may be possible to get away with that set up in League One.

Jolly Red Robin

So how comes it works at Watford?

vff: to @JollyRobin :

Possibly because Watford are prepared to pay the going rate for wages in the Championship, and are sending over a better quality of player in the first place ?
  • edited January 2015
    @VFF

Interesting theory. Should be clearer once the window closes. If we lose say TBH and Buyens, there are few quality additions to the squad, Luzon doesn't add to the back room team and the club doesn't bring in any advisors with Championship experience- this will support the argument that Roland is happy to play the odds and risk relegation.

If he is willing to take this risk then as a rational businessman he'll have thought through the pros and cons. Your suggested logic is as good as any.

Alternatively he may just be poorly advised and drunk on his own arrogance, straying into a new business area that he doesn't fully understand. In business for every Branson there's a Ratner.

I can't call it at the minute.
  • @VFF

Interesting theory. Should be clearer once the window closes. If we lose say TBH and Buyens, there are few quality additions to the squad, Luzon doesn't add to the back room team and the club doesn't bring in any advisors with Championship experience- this will support the argument that Roland is happy to play the odds and risk relegation.

If he is willing to take this risk than as a rational businessman he'll have thought through the pros and cons. Your suggested logic is as good as any.

Alternatively he may just be poorly advised and drunk on his own arrogance, straying into a new business area that he doesn't fully understand. In business for every Branson there's a Ratner.

I can't call it at the minute.

'He may just be poorly advised and drunk on his own arrogance, straying into news business area that he doesn't fully understand'. Classic.

So conspiracy or incompetence then. Maybe a mixture of the two with a healthy dose of under investment. It is not a receipe for challenging for the premiership in either case.
  • vff said:

vff earlier

From the way, Duchatelet is going about business, I don't think he really bothered as a Charlton as a viable Championship outfit. If Charlton have seasons as a Championship club, that is probably seen as a bonus. It takes too much investment to establish Charlton in the higher level of the Championship.

I think he has a plan B for Charlton as a League One outfit. Duchatelet can still develop the academy and League One is a more natural fit for all the network players not good for Liege and a better step up in level from his other network clubs. The Championship is a tough league and needs a strong team spirit, that needs a high level of investment, a strong manager / head coach with autonomy (who is able to speak up and be listened to) and the loose arrangements of fitting in players from the network does not foster that. The current Duchatelet model is the opposite of what's needed. It may be possible to get away with that set up in League One.

Jolly Red Robin

Possibly because Watford are prepared to pay the going rate for wages in the Championship, and are sending over a better quality of player in the first place ?

Interesting view but at some point he's going to have to invest. We're no use to him as a yo yo team between The Championship and League One. The club will lose money that way. Even selling the odd young player wouldn't counteract that.
  • vff said:

vff earlier

Jolly Red Robin

Except that a Championship club will be far more attractive to the young talent we want to attract. This division is full of decent clubs with nice grounds and pitches, L1 is far less appealing