Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Luzon Confirmed Charlton Head Coach - Deal to 2016 - Praise the Lord, Work Permit GRANTED (pg 24)*

Comments

• No work permit for Guy tomorrow. DM In charge with BR.
  • We are becoming a bloody laughing stock
  • The issue for me s less to do with the costs possibly not being shown in the right place than the fact that CAFC pick up the bill for mistakes made at Standard Liege. So if George Tucudean, for example, is on £400k a year at Liege but is no use to them that cost is transferred to us, whereas an independent CAFC would never spend that money on him.

The question then is whether that £400k is over and above the previous budget or comes out of it, thereby reducing the club's options, because Standard Liege messed up. If George turns out to be worth £400k no problem, but the chances of successful recruitment from a much smaller talent pool are obviously limited.

Ditto head coaches.

And you could bring Nego, Koc and Ajdarevic into it. But also Ben Haim, Watt and Buyens.

It's very clear that since M.Duchatelet bought Liege he's into their academy and buying from countries without big media deals such as France Ligue 2, Denmark or Scotland. There are a number of players acquired for c.€1.5m like Watt and the dreaded Thuram and of course Tucudean.

Until we see Luzon in situ for a while I would hesitate to judge the outcome. He had success with Liege last season.

And this network has also yielded Vetokele and Gudmundsson through scouting. Plus it enables weaker Cafc players to go out on loan without recourse to agents and the open market.

Having said all that there is an elephant in the room and I've just posted on the fans forum thread about the vacuum left in the absence of meaningful communication about strategy and vision.

Our club and we have no idea what the goal is - mid-table obscurity or have a crack at higher up... All the rest is noise! :)
  • The big question for me is do you pronounce his first name the English way, to rhyme with buy, or the French / Belgian way, to rhyme with free?
  • Guy as in buy.
  • edited January 2015
  • Avram Grant had work permit issues when he got the Chelsea job. On the face of it Guy Luzon and the club broke the law when he was working Thursday and Friday, but then respect for the law seems to have now kicked in for the Match today.
    The next dilemma might be whether to wait for the work permit to be issued, or to risk consequences and let Guy work at Sparrows Lane on Monday.
  • The issue for me s less to do with the costs possibly not being shown in the right place than the fact that CAFC pick up the bill for mistakes made at Standard Liege. So if George Tucudean, for example, is on £400k a year at Liege but is no use to them that cost is transferred to us, whereas an independent CAFC would never spend that money on him.

The question then is whether that £400k is over and above the previous budget or comes out of it, thereby reducing the club's options, because Standard Liege messed up. If George turns out to be worth £400k no problem, but the chances of successful recruitment from a much smaller talent pool are obviously limited.

Ditto head coaches.

And you could bring Nego, Koc and Ajdarevic into it. But also Ben Haim, Watt and Buyens.

It's very clear that since M.Duchatelet bought Liege he's into their academy and buying from countries without big media deals such as France Ligue 2, Denmark or Scotland. There are a number of players acquired for c.€1.5m like Watt and the dreaded Thuram and of course Tucudean.

Until we see Luzon in situ for a while I would hesitate to judge the outcome. He had success with Liege last season.

And this network has also yielded Vetokele and Gudmundsson through scouting. Plus it enables weaker Cafc players to go out on loan without recourse to agents and the open market.

Having said all that there is an elephant in the room and I've just posted on the fans forum thread about the vacuum left in the absence of meaningful communication about strategy and vision.

Our club and we have no idea what the goal is - mid-table obscurity or have a crack at higher up... All the rest is noise! :)
    Don't forget Reza ...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    Song if Guy Luzon gets work permit! Oh guy Luzon oh guy Luzon he's a bit mad but we don't care oh guy Luzon!! To same tune as bobs song
  • seth plum said:

Avram Grant had work permit issues when he got the Chelsea job. On the face of it Guy Luzon and the club broke the law when he was working Thursday and Friday, but then respect for the law seems to have now kicked in for the Match today.
    The next dilemma might be whether to wait for the work permit to be issued, or to risk consequences and let Guy work at Sparrows Lane on Monday.

He's already under contract and being paid by Staprix whether he works or not.

The difference is perhaps that Luzon has already been working for RD/Staprix for 18 months and still has a further 18 months to run on his existing contract?

Staprix NV seem to be registered at:

Transportstraat 1
    Tessenderlo, Limburg, 3980 Belgium

As an existing employee for a Belgian company, and maybe still resident in Belgium - Luzon hasn't been refused access to the UK, here's here right now.

• Yes but for some reason he is not working today, there are procedures that have not been followed it seems, I don't think his previous/current contract has been able to bypass those procedures.
  • seth plum said:

Yes but for some reason he is not working today, there are procedures that have not been followed it seems, I don't think his previous/current contract has been able to bypass those procedures.

Fair enough, Seth.

I was just thinking out loud that Avram Grant wasn't already part way through an existing contract with Chelsea, when he was appointed.
  • Sven Claes ‏@svenclaes 52m52 minutes ago
    @charltonlive Don't think I can say anything positive Sunday night about the game today or Guy Luzon. A week to forget. #CAFC

Chicago Addick ‏@ChicagoAddick 47m47 minutes ago
    @svenclaes Does Luzon have the ability to turn it around Sven?

Sven Claes ‏@svenclaes 40m40 minutes ago
    @ChicagoAddick Not at all. Luzon didn't manage to do so at Standard de Liège. Loves to rotate. No automatisms. #CAFC
  • The contract is only 18 months, because it is his existing network contract.

Just asking, but do you know that, beyond reasonable doubt? I am not sure what he has been doing since he left Standard. Somebody wrote that he was in some way working with Ujpest - our recent visitor from there @ujpest_lad might know. But Ujpest is not owned by Staprix.

He is registered as an Újpest employee as of taxation reasons. Tax in Hungary is one of the biggest in the European Union, however there is a tax-system named 'EKHO' which was created to make football clubs pay taxes and work white on papers as well. This lets football clubs to pay only little as tax after the benefits of one employee.

He is not the only one registered as an Újpest employee in the network, you can imagine...
  • Sven Claes ‏@svenclaes 52m52 minutes ago
    @charltonlive Don't think I can say anything positive Sunday night about the game today or Guy Luzon. A week to forget. #CAFC

Chicago Addick ‏@ChicagoAddick 47m47 minutes ago
    @svenclaes Does Luzon have the ability to turn it around Sven?

Sven Claes ‏@svenclaes 40m40 minutes ago
    @ChicagoAddick Not at all. Luzon didn't manage to do so at Standard de Liège. Loves to rotate. No automatisms. #CAFC

Doubt he will have the option to do that considering our only options outside of the first 11 is basically the 'young guns'.
  • So what we really signed was a bunch of reserves from a Championship standard team and after an initial, and slightly fortuitous, purple patch that is exactly what they are playing like.

Don't forget the "exotic" names. That automatically makes them a little better ;-)
  • LoOkOuT said:

So what we really signed was a bunch of reserves from a Championship standard team and after an initial, and slightly fortuitous, purple patch that is exactly what they are playing like.

Don't forget the "exotic" names. That automatically makes them a little better ;-)
    Exotic YouTube's!
  • Sponsored links:

• uie2 said:

Song if Guy Luzon gets work permit! Oh guy Luzon oh guy Luzon he's a bit mad but we don't care oh guy Luzon!! To same tune as bobs song

And if he doesn't get a work permit: Oh Guy Luzon, Oh Guy Luzon, He's over there, We're over here, Oh Guy Luzon.
  • No work permit for Guy tomorrow. DM In charge with BR.

lets hope that Work permit doesnt happen, Seems someone in the heavens is on the same wavelength as me!
  • Would Luzon not getting his work permit actually bother Roland? He doesn't even need to be in the country to fulfill the role of picking the team based on RD's instructions... DM and BR continue to take training, Luzon emails "tactics" from Ujpest on Staprix's payroll. Sorted.

Well according to Damien Mathew that's almost what happened for the first half at Watford......

Ditto head coaches.

On the (possible) plus side, if the stories regarding Bob & Co are right, there is a chance they were sacked for gross misconduct and the Club are not having to pay up their contracts freeing up some funds.
  • So what we really signed was a bunch of reserves from a Championship standard team and after an initial, and slightly fortuitous, purple patch that is exactly what they are playing like.

Except Liege were top of their league throughout last season weren't they so this logic is flawed. And Buyens, Bulot and Ben Haim weren't reserves... They played a fair few games. You're confusing them with Ajdarevic etc.
    I've seen our team plenty of times this season and we went 12(?) games unbeaten.
    What is blindingly obvious in retrospect is that we should have got a decent reserve keeper in and M.Duchatelet should have kept spending on loans to keep momentum going.

And not just retrospect because I was there at Reading, Millwall, Blackpool when it was clear something wasn't right.

What we have right now is a complete train smash with Peeters gone, rumours coming out about the training ground and delays with new coach and signings.

And a club which refuses to engage with the fans, except by accident on the train.

Wolves is not going to be pretty but there is time to sort it out for Rotherham. Whether they door not remains to be seen.